Joe Douglas Zooming w/Reporters Today at 2:00

Color me surprised but how blunt Douglas is being about the situation. It's safe to say we're locked into a QB at 2? Steve Young is really plugged into BYU when it was brought up how he said we're committed to Sam?

This is either a huge smokescreen or JD took truth serum this morning

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just imagine the stupidity level of some of the questions. "Joe, does this mean you are committed to drafting a QB with the second pick of the draft?" "Joe, are you done fixing the offensive

What part of Joe Thuney was never coming here once KC got involved do some people not understand?

this is so dumb...so they traded darnold but they are not locked in on a QB with their pick? maybe they should call the bears and see if QB1 Dalton is available? I know no one ever says anything in th

Posted Images

1 minute ago, k-met57 said:

not at all. i just hate the posturing....they would not have traded Darnold to trade down...its nonsense. they know who they are taking, because Jax has no choice but to take Lawrence. this is all just Douglas being his even keel say a lot but say nothing self....

Maybe teams below them aren't targeting the same QB and they can trade back a spot and pick up a extra draft pick....you are playing checkers not chess which is why you are complaining about dumb sh*t on a message board and he is a NFL GM.  You ALWAYS take phone calls. :)

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Color me surprised but how blunt Douglas is being about the situation. It's safe to say we're locked into a QB at 2? Steve Young is really plugged into BYU when it was brought up how he said we're committed to Sam?

This is either a huge smokescreen or JD took truth serum this morning

I think it's pretty safe to say it's Wilson.

Still, that answer could also just be indicative of Douglas saying Young sees things from that perspective, and from that perspective, we've done nothing but show tremendous interest.

I don't think he'd say, "we're still evaluating," which is also not true, and then say, "Steve Young is onto something when he says this is what we're doing."

• Upvote 1
Just now, undertow said:

Maybe teams below them aren't targeting the same QB and they can trade back a spot and pick up a extra draft pick....you are playing checkers not chess which is why you are complaining about dumb sh*t on a message board and he is a NFL GM.  You ALWAYS take phone calls. :)

yeah i am the dumb one, meanwhile SF who runs the same system is sitting right underneath the jets. i hope you know these things are more black and white to football people then fans...the jets would not have traded Darnold if they didnt have 1 guy in mind for the second pick. the end.

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

No Breakout rooms or polls. Lack of creating a sense of community. Just amateur Zooming here.

This press conference could have been an email.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
6 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

not at all. i just hate the posturing....they would not have traded Darnold to trade down...its nonsense. they know who they are taking, because Jax has no choice but to take Lawrence. this is all just Douglas being his even keel say a lot but say nothing self....

You mean acting exactly like 99% of other GM's do when answering questions to the press? Got it. 

• Upvote 2
22 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Yikes, Adam Gase was useful for something I guess.

It also suggests there's a wide gulf between Wilson and the other QB's on Douglas' board.  

I don't get it, but whatever.  QBASE likes him, so that's something.  

• Upvote 3