Zach Wilson: My Scouting

win4ever

11 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Deff not the only. Some of us were posting about it even before the COVID CFB season started!

Same. Was fun watching the meltdowns all over the boards after the Rams game. Now I'm the one having a meltdown that we're essentially going to forgo a guy who I think will be best in class to take the quarterback version of the Ghost at #2 overall because his marketing team was able to woo a bunch of fans. 

True, there were a handful of us, for sure. 

My favorite part of this is whole scenario is this board hated Sam because of his messy mechanics, terrible decisions, terrible footwork, too many yolo balls, pure sandlot QB and yo he sucks, get him off my team!

And then this board is drooling over the same dude, smaller framed, with more pop in the arm, literally doing all the same sh*t you hate Sam for, lol, okay....

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

Please, go take this garbage to the main forum.  You're ruining a great thread and win4ever put a sh*t ton of work into this.  Thanks, 

Ah I see, deflecting and not backing your ridicolous claims 

• Thumb Down 1

Example 1)

Wilson identifies single coverage and is waiting for the play to develop, its the perfect read and the play that you would hope your QB can make, he trips over the OL so he can't make the play. 

Example 2)

Again, identifies a 1 on 1 matchup and is hoping to exploit it. Decides the play isn't there and throws it away. A QB is supposed to identify 1 on 1 matchups and take advantage of them. Very rarely is a QB saying "is he open" deep, rather hes saying "is he singled up". In the NFL single coverage = open. This is a good play 

Example 3)

He doesn't see the wide open guy in the middle. It's a trick play which makes a full field read more chaotic and difficult.

Example 4)

Again, identifies a wide ass open 1 on 1 matchup and makes the throw. That is 100% the right play in that situation.

Example 5) 

Totally disagree with the assessment. To me its pretty damn clear that his first read is the deep receiver, he correctly sees that he is double covered, then is still able to identify the open man in a 1 on 1 matchup after a scramble. To me this is an AWESOME play. 

Example 6)

Again, identifies 1 on 1 matchup and exploits it with a perfect throw. This is what quarterback should do. 

Example 7)

Bad read dangerous throw. 

To me this analysis lacks a basic understanding of how a quarterback plays the game. These clips show Wilson's ability to read the defense pre snap and identify mismatches/1 on 1 solo opportunities. In the NFL if you have single coverage on a deep route you need to go to it 100/100 times. This is what Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers have made a living doing. 

• Thumb Down 1

On 4/6/2021 at 5:14 PM, win4ever said:

Ok, so I couldn't post these at JN because they tend to argue against Zach Wilson, which is a concern when the Jets seem locked in on the guy and this is a Jets website.  So, I made wordpress blog to publish it, air out my scouting report.  If the Jets do end up picking Zach Wilson, then I hope I'm completely wrong.  As I've mentioned numerous times, I'm a Fields fan, I think he will translate better to the NFL, but that's merely an opinion.  I have a few more articles I'll write there, and I'll leave a link in this thread.  Would love to hear some feedback.  

1) I know the website sucks, I put it together in the last hour while taking a break.  I didn't plan on spending money to write about Zach Wilson, so I picked the cheapest option possible.  Hence, it might also be a bit slow.   

2) I'll have about 9 more to post in the coming days.  Afterwards, if I get time, I might dive into the 2019 film, which from first glace isn't pretty.  Although, no promises because I do have a job so it's hard finding time or taking time away from my job.  Anyway, would love to hear some feedback on the thoughts.  

3) My goal is to just post my scouting of Zach Wilson, and some proof of what I'm saying.  Although, I'm not an NFL scout or anything close, so if you don't agree, I don't blame you. 

First one:  https://jetsfilmreview.com/2021/04/06/zach-wilson-scouting-stare-down-passing/

Basically my concerns over staring down his options.  

I’m a Fields guy too but staring down WRs is not enough of a reason for Wilson to not be the pick as most young QBs are guilty of this, Fields included.

4 minutes ago, legler82 said:

I’m a Fields guy too but staring down WRs is not enough of a reason for Wilson to not be the pick as most young QBs are guilty of this, Fields included.

He did about 7 different takes, staring down was 1 of them...

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, legler82 said:

Staring down a receiver is staring a receiver down hoping the safety gets out of the way. You can't "stare down" a receiver that is 1 on 1 with no safety help. 

• Thumb Down 1

@win4ever  thanks again for putting the time into to do this, I truly appreciate your analysis and breakdowns, always have, this was well thought out, very detailed, I love all the different elements you inspected. We knew you were going to heat for going against stream but this was really well done, very well thought out and those of us looking for good content, appreciate this effort, we know you got a sh*t ton going on but did this in large part because many of us asked for it.

Thanks! 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

The guy puts this type of effort into this and this is what you say?  You're an a$$hole, go away.

The only a$$hole here is you for attacking me for disagreeing with something. 

3 minutes ago, QB1 said:

The only a$$hole here is you for attacking me for disagreeing with something. 

Dipsh*t, you called me lazy and then disrespected the work win4ever did here by saying that he "doesnt have a basic understanding of how a quarterback plays the game"

You're a ******* a$$hole, who attacked multiple people in thread for sharing an opinion. 

gfy

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, JiF said:

Dipsh*t, you called me lazy and then disrespected the work win4ever did here by saying that he "doesnt have a basic understanding of how a quarterback plays the game"

You're a ******* a$$hole, who attacked multiple people in thread for sharing an opinion. 

gfy

I never called you lazy, I called your comparison lazy, and it is. You've failed to provide any sort of argument for the claims you've made in this thread. You are the only one attacking people. 

14 minutes ago, JiF said:

gfy

It’s become a complete cluster f**k when someone tries to bring up the fact that Wilson has faults and isn’t this supreme Patrick Mahomes clone.  I’m almost at the point where I hope this kid is a major bust.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

It’s become a complete cluster f**k when someone tries to bring up the fact that Wilson has faults and isn’t this supreme Patrick Mahomes clone.  I’m almost at the point where I hope this kid is a major bust.  

I haven't heard a single person say that he is a supreme flawless prospect. To me it seems like some are looking for a flawless prospect and immediately call him "all hype trubisky" when they do find a flaw (newsflash every prospect has flaws). He does fade in the pocket too much, he doesn't protect himself when he runs, and he makes some throws that are unnecessary risks. I agree with all of those flaws. But criticizing him for "staring down" receivers who are in a zero 1 on 1 matchup is nonsensical to me. 

Also, Mahomes was a much less polished prospect than wilson coming out... 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, QB1 said:

I never called you lazy, I called your comparison lazy, and it is. You've failed to provide any sort of argument for the claims you've made in this thread. You are the only one attacking people. 

You literally told the thread starter who put in all this work, he "doesnt have a basic understanding of how a QB plays the game".

gfy 

• Upvote 1

Just now, JiF said:

You literally told the thread starter who put in all this work, he "doesnt have a basic understanding of how a QB plays the game".

gfy 

I said the stare down analysis showed no understanding of how the qb position works,  the truth is an insult now?

7 hours ago, GreekJet said:

The competition piece is being overblown. The teams Lawrence, Fields, and Jones played on were 99%tile in terms of talent. Ohio State, Clemson, and Alabama won’t miss a beat next year without those guys. The same cannot be said about BYU without Wilson. 

Does Wilson throw some risky passes that will probably lead to INTs at the next level? Sure, but I’d prefer it to that to a guy like Tua who had some real problems identifying “NFL open” vs Alabama open. 

I think I posted the chart here at some point in the QB thread, but I'll attach it here.  Wilson's supporting cast vs. level of competition was rated much higher than Fields' supporting cast vs. level of competition.  BYU won't be the same, because Wilson is a pro level QB and that's always going to be a downswing for a program.  Clemson had a down year after Watson left with Bryant.  So did NC after Tribusky too, but that doesn't really help him in the NFL.  BYU also won't be the same because they'll actually have real competition to face, and not fodder.  

I don't like Tua, either.  Tua quite possibly had 5 first round WRs, and a first rd caliber RB with an amazing OL.  Tua's situation is completely off the charts because I'm not sure there has been a team THAT loaded for a QB.  

image0.jpeg

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, JiF said:

Then you havent read my posts.  Look at the QB thread in this forum, I was one of the first posters to bring up Wilson as a prospect.  He was catching fire, lit Bosie St. up and before 98% of this board ever heard the name Zach Wilson, I was calling him a legitimate prospect that deserves attention.  Fast forward 8 months and Ive now watched all his snaps and it's very obvious to me and many others, he's a mess.  I was also one of if not the only posters on the site, arguing against Trevor Lawrence being generational.  Why? Because I call like I see it and want the best possible QB for the Jets.  For example; I'm a Gators alum, die hard fan, I want nothing to do with Kyle Trask.  I'm all action, no hype and I tell it like I see, despite what others may think of my take.  This dates back to me fighting the whole board on Watson and Mahomes, I dont mind swimming against the current. 

Wilson is 100% hype, no different then Trubisky.  Similarly, he was a 1 year wonder, pre-draft riser that nobody new existed and then suddenly despite the analysis and the fact there where clearly  better prospects in Watson/Mahomes, Trubiskly became the QB! of that class.   It's happened many times in the past and this is just another example, which makes this all so head scratching.  You saw here, first hand when Mayfield and Darnold went before Allen and Rosen before Jackson.  GM's, the NFL, the experts, get it wrong all the time.  If you're a Jets fan you should know this all too well.

If you take Zach Wilson, you're hoping you can break him down and reconstruct him into a QB because right now, he's a yolo sandlot player.  I'm not saying it cant be done, there are some very appealing aspects to his game; his arm and sideline accuracy are impressive as hell but the rest is scary as hell.  Like terrifying but you never know, maybe he can figure it out.  All I know, is I wouldnt be willing to risk my career on it. 

I think what you find here, are people genuinely looking at prospect with an open lens whereas much of that activity on the mainboard is just nonsense. 

The main board hype went from:  Trevor Lawrence or bust to "It's ok, we got Rodgers/Mahomes".  A lot of it is highlight scouting, because Wilson's highlights are great.  Those downfield throws are great to watch, but there's just so much inherent risk.  I have no problem with people disagreeing with me, and I'm not even saying I'm an expert, but at least provide concrete reason,  I'll back up anything I say with film or stats and my thoughts to go along with them.  

Chris Simms get hyped for loving Mahomes, but his final mock draft had Tribusky as QB1, and Watson at the end of Rd. 1.  He got Kyler right, I think pretty much everyone could have said that.  He got Burrow/Herbert right which was pretty much half the people hating Tua along with me.  

When we were at 6 in 2018, I posted a long breakdown by I think Kyle Crabbs, I'm not sure.  Whoever it was, he went to the draft network site right after, but it was called NDN or something.  Anyway, the argument was Lamar Jackson should be QB1 in the draft or at the top, and went into a bunch of reasons why.  Most of the people that replied to that thread agreed.  I remember trying to do a film review back then (I couldn't get the All-22s) and thinking Baker had a better tape than Darnold.  I even mentioned it to his agent (albeit I was trying to see if he could get me All-22s) because I wanted to write one of those "Look, Darnold went No. 1, but Baker might actually be the better prospect article.  In fact, right up until the draft, that was on the back of my mind until Baker went 1.  Then as a fan I bought into Darnold, just like I'll buy into Wilson if we pick him.  

I'm just doing this now, before the draft because post draft, my fandom gets in the way of rationality.  

4 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Great content @win4ever, as always dude. 

Thanks!

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, win4ever said:

I think I posted the chart here at some point in the QB thread, but I'll attach it here.  Wilson's supporting cast vs. level of competition was rated much higher than Fields' supporting cast vs. level of competition.  BYU won't be the same, because Wilson is a pro level QB and that's always going to be a downswing for a program.  Clemson had a down year after Watson left with Bryant.  So did NC after Tribusky too, but that doesn't really help him in the NFL.  BYU also won't be the same because they'll actually have real competition to face, and not fodder.  

I don't like Tua, either.  Tua quite possibly had 5 first round WRs, and a first rd caliber RB with an amazing OL.  Tua's situation is completely off the charts because I'm not sure there has been a team THAT loaded for a QB.  

image0.jpeg

WHere is level of competition on here?

8 minutes ago, win4ever said:

The main board hype went from:  Trevor Lawrence or bust to "It's ok, we got Rodgers/Mahomes".  A lot of it is highlight scouting, because Wilson's highlights are great.  Those downfield throws are great to watch, but there's just so much inherent risk.  I have no problem with people disagreeing with me, and I'm not even saying I'm an expert, but at least provide concrete reason,  I'll back up anything I say with film or stats and my thoughts to go along with them.  

Chris Simms get hyped for loving Mahomes, but his final mock draft had Tribusky as QB1, and Watson at the end of Rd. 1.  He got Kyler right, I think pretty much everyone could have said that.  He got Burrow/Herbert right which was pretty much half the people hating Tua along with me.  

When we were at 6 in 2018, I posted a long breakdown by I think Kyle Crabbs, I'm not sure.  Whoever it was, he went to the draft network site right after, but it was called NDN or something.  Anyway, the argument was Lamar Jackson should be QB1 in the draft or at the top, and went into a bunch of reasons why.  Most of the people that replied to that thread agreed.  I remember trying to do a film review back then (I couldn't get the All-22s) and thinking Baker had a better tape than Darnold.  I even mentioned it to his agent (albeit I was trying to see if he could get me All-22s) because I wanted to write one of those "Look, Darnold went No. 1, but Baker might actually be the better prospect article.  In fact, right up until the draft, that was on the back of my mind until Baker went 1.  Then as a fan I bought into Darnold, just like I'll buy into Wilson if we pick him.  

I'm just doing this now, before the draft because post draft, my fandom gets in the way of rationality.  

Thanks!

I think fans get hung up in the "experts" opinions, despite the overwhelming evidence of how often they're wrong.  And then when that opinion fits their narrative, they just take it to the extreme and dont let go ie; Fields slow processor vs Watson MPH.  You even admitted to falling victim of the MPH sh*t.  It's understandable and obviously Sims (along with others) stance on Wilson is feeding the extreme reactions.  As he did last the year he said "Mahomes was the most intriguing" and rated Trubisky QB1.  He said in an interview this year, after making the Wilson QB1 take, that gun to head he'd take Lawrence #1 overall if he was a GM.  All that said, I get it and have been guilty too.

In 18, I bought into Rosen being the "processor" and bought into Darnold being the "special" talent even though I was the guy fighting the crowd who wanted to pass on QB's in 17 for the 18 class.  I hate/d Mayfield but even him, found myself in a spot where I could accept the pick.  Then we landed Sam and the off schedule stuff is ridiculous, so I just hoped he could develop and obviously wanted it as a fan, I overlooked all the obvious flaws with his fundamentals.  Well, now I'm really scared we're about to do it again.  There are so many similarities it's crazy.  Yes, Wilson's arm talent and accuracy is better, for sure but all the other stuff...whoa...terrifying but guess what, I'll probably convince myself on him too because I desperately want to be wrong.  lol

13 hours ago, JiF said:

You could explain it a million ways, show a hundred examples, some folks just want to play pretend which is cool.  I get it.  It’s exciting he’s the new hot thing!  Literally there is a rival thread to this on the main forum, it’s like homer central, tons of posts circling jerk over him.  This thread shows numerous examples of horrible pocket presence, the fading and drifting...just poor manipulation and guys are drooling over it.   Just that time I guess.  Minds made up.  Refuse to be objective. Again, I get it.  Especially considering he’s more than likely the pick.  

Kind of two faced after telling me great work on my own cut ups. I didn’t make it to be a rival thread. I made it because it’s what I seen from the film. I’m not a scout. I did it for fun. Think you can do better? Do so. But don’t compliment the work in my thread then come here and trash it.

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, win4ever said:

I think both have really strong arms, to the point where they can make any throw, and both have zip on the ball.  

What I like about Fields is his progression timing.  I don't have time to do a deep dive on Fields like I did for Wilson because I need to work, and have a toddler at home.  But my reasoning being, each play has a progression timing, and it differs from play caller to play caller.  For example, Gailey when he was here loved the mirror concept, where both sides ended up having route stems at the same time.  Fitzpatrick picked a side pre-snap and focused on that side.  In that instance, he doesn't have time to read right, and then move to the other side of the field unless it's a broken play because the stems have happened at the same time.  If we take that deep TD to Olave against Clemson, he doesn't look at that route from the start.  He looks at the quick out route to the TE first because that breaks first, and would be the hot read.  Then he moves to the middle of the field for a high/low read, and decides on the high deep post.  I see that more often (again not always) where his progression is 1, 2, 3.  I've seen Wilson do it as well, just not quite as much.  With Wilson, he notices his primary routes from the start more often, and works to set it up by looking off safety or LB more often.  In doing so, he's missing easier throws built into the system because he's being so aggressive down the field.  I feel like Fields' ability to function within the system is better (not perfect by any means, none of them are) translates better.  Both of them could be better at it, and part of the NFL picking process deals with how well they might learn.  We don't have access to it, so it's just blind guessing.  If they feel Wilson is more coachable or if the staff feels like his flaws are more correctable, he could be the pick.  

I'm a Michigan fan, so I hate loving an OSU QB, but I think he's worth it.  

I don't know honestly.  The hard part is, I think he should go at 2 obviously.  I think he eventually goes 3.  Mac Jones from a mental aspect is the best QB in this class, guy is extremely quick to recognize coverages thus I think he is attractive to guys that might want someone who can start sooner than later.  I don't see the point of the 49ers picking him if Jimmy G is there for this year.  If you can wait a year, why not get much better physical traits and then spend a year teaching the mental aspects of your system?  If Jimmy G is gone, then I understand it more because they are a win now team that doesn't have a pick in the next two first rounds.  I don't think Fields goes beyond 4 at worst.  If he goes beyond 4, there has to be some off the field concern we haven't heard about.  

With Fields there was the Orlovosky thing on work ethic for Fields but he backed off of it.

I have actually been reading the the 49ers boards and some videos on YT by 49ers fans and it is interesting. Some are convinced that we are picking Fields and they are getting Wilson.  Their rationale is that the 49ers would never trade up for Jones. Others though think, despite having worked with RG3, that Shanahan wants a guy that will not look to run but just stay in the pocket and execute the offense. They are in general sort of losing their minds, because it seems none of them want Jones. Simms is 100% insistent it is Jones but he claims to not have inside info. Will be first interesting thing about the draft though they will use the full 20 minutes for the Lawrence and Wilson picks.

In the NFL it seems like a lot of QBs identify the 1 on 1 matchup and then focus on that receiver, and I have seen Wilson be excellent at looking off safeties as well as getting to his 3rd or 4th read really fast. I watched all of his games in order and when you do that I saw so much that was so much faster and improved by the UCF game as opposed the the early games.

Like I said I think they all will be successful, but I have to admit I am uncomfortable with a QB that was not asked to do so many NFL QB type things such as reading defenses, setting protections, audibling. Wilson did all of that. Also when I watch Fields he just seems very spatially unaware and that is a bad trait to have.

I am not saying this but I have seen some analysis of Wilson that sort of concludes that he sort of consistently gets "lucky" on his throws and that he is just throwing up jump balls and counting on lesser CBs to not make a play. I do not see that. Seem like you might.

I learned my lesson to overproject with Darnold, and like I said have been completely been wrong before, but I think it will be quickly become obvious Wilson is the best QB in the draft, though as said before all will be successful.

Have you watched any of the interviews where he breaks down the tape of previous games? He comes across as amazingly detailed and specific in exactly what he was doing on all of his throws. He does like second window slants and I have seen analysis by JT O Sullivan and others suggesting  he was late on those.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

I think fans get hung up in the "experts" opinions, despite the overwhelming evidence of how often they're wrong.  And then when that opinion fits their narrative, they just take it to the extreme and dont let go ie; Fields slow processor vs Watson MPH.  You even admitted to falling victim of the MPH sh*t.  It's understandable and obviously Sims (along with others) stance on Wilson is feeding the extreme reactions.  As he did last the year he said "Mahomes was the most intriguing" and rated Trubisky QB1.  He said in an interview this year, after making the Wilson QB1 take, that gun to head he'd take Lawrence #1 overall if he was a GM.  All that said, I get it and have been guilty too.

In 18, I bought into Rosen being the "processor" and bought into Darnold being the "special" talent even though I was the guy fighting the crowd who wanted to pass on QB's in 17 for the 18 class.  I hate/d Mayfield but even him, found myself in a spot where I could accept the pick.  Then we landed Sam and the off schedule stuff is ridiculous, so I just hoped he could develop and obviously wanted it as a fan, I overlooked all the obvious flaws with his fundamentals.  Well, now I'm really scared we're about to do it again.  There are so many similarities it's crazy.  Yes, Wilson's arm talent and accuracy is better, for sure but all the other stuff...whoa...terrifying but guess what, I'll probably convince myself on him too because I desperately want to be wrong.  lol

So because you were wrong about Rosen, Darnold and Mayfield and want to play it safe with Wilson, that means we all have to suffer through you calling everyone homers and dicks? That's a you problem, man. We'll see how Wilson turns out, but to act like you're objective and everyone who likes him is a homer AFTER you admit to being wrong on other QBs before is pretty nuts.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Kind of two faced after telling me great work on my own cut ups. I didn’t make it to be a rival thread. I made it because it’s what I seen from the film. I’m not a scout. I did it for fun. Think you can do better? Do so. But don’t compliment the work in my thread then come here and trash it.

Wha?  How was it two faced?  I told you in thread, that I'm finding it interesting how people could say wow while others like myself see terror.... but I thought the work you put in was solid.  It obvious was time consuming and well thought out.  I didnt trash it, I made a comment about how folks are responding to that thread vs. this thread. 

Would you have preferred my respond by dismantling each post and telling you that you "dont have a basic understanding of how to play QB?" - would that have been more appropriate?  lol  I was being respectful.  You put in work, found stuff to support your position and it was presented.  I just came away with a different view.  Many of those gif's you shared are IMO examples of why he's a scary prospect, some of them were examples shared in this thread.  

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

So because you were wrong about Rosen, Darnold and Mayfield and want to play it safe with Wilson, that means we all have to suffer through you calling everyone homers and dicks? That's a you problem, man. We'll see how Wilson turns out, but to act like you're objective and everyone who likes him is a homer AFTER you admit to being wrong on other QBs before is pretty nuts.

Nope, you're not following.  My point was, I wasnt wrong.  I was exactly right on all of them but I convinced myself to be ok with these players as the pick for the Jets despite my apprehension.  What I was saying was, I'll probably convince myself on something with Wilson because I want to be wrong.

And I'm not acting objective, I am, objective.  I've shared what I like about his game, I've admitted I dont have a crystal ball, I've commented on plays and games that are impressive.  You just dont pay attention to those takes because for some reason this is personal for you an handful of other posters and you only focus on the negative comments posters like myself make regarding Wilson. 

I think the best advice for anyone here like you that have a problem with my opinions is to simply, get over it.  You can respond to every single post I make and sh*t on every single take I make, it's like Popeye to spinach.  You only make me stronger and go harder. 

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

Wha?  How was it two faced?  I told you in thread, that I'm finding it interesting how people could say wow while others like myself see terror.... but I thought the work you put in was solid.  It obvious was time consuming and well thought out.  I didnt trash it, I made a comment about how folks are responding to that thread vs. this thread. 

Would you have preferred my respond by dismantling each post and telling you that you "dont have a basic understanding of how to play QB?" - would that have been more appropriate?  lol  I was being respectful.  You put in work, found stuff to support your position and it was presented.  I just came away with a different view.  Many of those gif's you shared are IMO examples of why he's a scary prospect, some of them were examples shared in this thread.  

Because subjectively you don’t actually believe it was good work lol & then you came back here to further express that in what felt like a snide manner. If you thought I was wrong in my analysis, fair, but I would of liked the respect to counter that with my own point. Felt like you found the Wilson thread that supports your own thoughts and said “get a load of those mouth breathers in the rival thread”. So yes, probably should of tried the whole dismantling thing, because I do believe I have a basic understanding of how to play QB & I’ve played this game.

55 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Who knew that a film study based around the premise of “proving that Zach Wilson is bad” would have backlash about being biased. I appreciate the effort put forth tho and being able to see different views and all-22 tape has value. 

Oh we knew, I think the interesting part is once again, nobody wants to even give credence to the fact he pointed out stuff he liked too ie; throws you cant teach and verifies elite level arm talent and accuracy...but again, this is personal so no no no bad bad about Zachapono. 

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Nope, you're not following.  My point was, I wasnt wrong.  I was exactly right on all of them but I convinced myself to be ok with these players as the pick for the Jets despite my apprehension.  What I was saying was, I'll probably convince myself on something with Wilson because I want to be wrong.

And I'm not acting objective, I am, objective.  I've shared what I like about his game, I've admitted I dont have a crystal ball, I've commented on plays and games that are impressive.  You just dont pay attention to those takes because for some reason this is personal for you an handful of other posters and you only focus on the negative comments posters like myself make regarding Wilson. 

I think the best advice for anyone here like you that have a problem with my opinions is to simply, get over it.  You can respond to every single post I make and sh*t on every single take I make, it's like Popeye to spinach.  You only make me stronger and go harder. 

Whether your convinced yourself or whatever, doesn't make a difference. It has no bearing on how Zach Wilson will turn out. 

You're not objective. Everyone has biases. You're human. You are saying what you believe is true about his game, but others see it differently. If you're objective, everyone else is objective too. This isn't personal for me. You're the one that always makes it personal every time some says they think you're wrong or disagrees. 

And I think what you should do is get over people who think he's going to be a good quarterback. It doesn't make them homers. It's just a difference of opinion. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

You have a hard time doing that yourself & what’s worse is you act like your opinions are more legitimate than everyone else’s for whatever reason. You hated on Baker this exact same way 3 years ago. Baker is still on his first team, been thru 3 coaches & still made the playoffs.

• Upvote 2