Jump to content

Mike Greenberg & The Negative Jet Fan


Recommended Posts

Jet fans under Mac teams going 10-6 

THIS IS JUST A SHORT TERM FIX!!! HE HAS NO PLAN!!

Jet fans watching JD teams go 2-14

HES A GENIUS!! HES BUILDING SOMETHING HERE!!!

  • Thumb Down 13
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

@jetstream23 I'm in your head again! LOL ! Thought you'd enjoy this one ?

I've been on with Francesa, the Michael Kay show, Chris Carlin Etc. These guys have to keep the show going so they come up with points of views and angles.

If you call in and come up with any kind of a solution or anything that makes sense they don't like that. You got hung up on pretty quick. It's just their job man they want you to call in and ask a question so they can give a point of view.

It's just an act to keep people listening. If they told you what they really thought there'd be no reason to listen.

For example if Hulk Hogan and Roddy Piper weren't wrestlers and just left each other alone there wouldn't have been a WrestleMania!

Why don't you guys just stay away from each other? Lmfao!

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Is anyone else sick and tired of hearing this guy constantly bitch about the Jets history and what's gone down the last 4 years ?

Its obvious that 2 years ago Joe Douglas came in here and had a plan from day one to rebuild this roster the way he thinks a team should be built.

Douglas is a guy that has respect around the league and knows the game of football while learning from some of the best men in the sport.

Maybe Greenberg can try going forward with some positive thoughts since this is the first time in quite a while we have a GM and Coaching staff that seems like they have some clue as to WTF is going on. Part of the problem with this organization and its fans is constantly pointing to a disappointing past ,

That disappointing past is not Joe Douglas' fault nor is the fault of the current coaching staff.  While the negativity exists we need to move forward as fans and send some positive thoughts toward this organization because we have a boat load of draft picks and we have filled some big holes this offseason with a very smart FA period. 

Joe Douglas is building a Football team from the bottom up no need for him to be accountable for anything this team has done the past 20 years its time to move forward.

Mike Greenberg is annoying. The funny part is this tool is actually working the draft for ABC.

  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Jet fans under Mac teams going 10-6 

THIS IS JUST A SHORT TERM FIX!!! HE HAS NO PLAN!!

Well, the next 4 years showed very clearly that Mike Maccagnan had no plan.  And we're still feeling the impact of all of his horrid mistakes.  So there's that.

Also, its important to point out that Mike Maccagnan is still not employed by an NFL team.

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Jet fans under Mac teams going 10-6 

THIS IS JUST A SHORT TERM FIX!!! HE HAS NO PLAN!!

Jet fans watching JD teams go 2-14

HES A GENIUS!! HES BUILDING SOMETHING HERE!!!

You're not exactly making a strong case here, Kevin.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Well, the next 4 years showed very clearly that Mike Maccagnan had no plan.  And we're still feeling the impact of all of his horrid mistakes.  So there's that.

Also, its important to point out that Mike Maccagnan is still not employed by an NFL team.

I’m not fan of Mac. But man you guys are giving JD a lot more time with little to show 

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

I’m not fan of Mac. But man you guys are giving JD a lot more time with little to show 

We’re 2 years into a 6yr deal he’s got a lot of time left. He’s had 1 draft, gave out big contracts at edge and WR this year which were big needs.  Idk why you’re whining so much about an offseason that’s not even over yet especially when JDs principles are to build through the draft 

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SR24 said:

We’re 2 years into a 6yr deal he’s got a lot of time left. He’s had 1 draft, gave out big contracts for at edge and WR this year which were big needs.  Idk why you’re whining so much about an offseason that’s not even over yet especially when JDs principles are to build through the draft 

Why? Because his first draft netted maybe one starter

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Why? Because his first draft netted maybe one starter

Right in year 1 with no preseason and bad coaching. I hated the Davis and Morgan picks I’m with ya there but at least wait til after the draft to judge the off season. He invested his first two picks at OT and WR then went and signed 2 WRs and one of the top edges on the market give him time he’s plugging the right holes.  If we leave the 2nd round without an improvement at Oline I’ll be here questioning his draft with ya 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Both view points can be correct.  Optimist and SOJ...

Yes, Douglas appears to know what he is doing... especially as a negotiator.

However, his first draft class was unable to do the most important thing...  stay on the field. 

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The woe-is-me jets fan is a cottage industry in sports media. It fills two very lively demographics: big city, east coast sports fans, and those who loathe them. If you're not used to being trolled by them by now, you probably never will. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

This is as edgy as Greeny gets.  ESPN has to have edgy takeism.  5-10 years ago Greeny was about as sunny as it gets in terms of fans.  It's mostly a schtick.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m still undecided on what I think this team should have and will do.

on one hand, almost every analyst LOVES Sam, barely a bad thing said about him.  He has no weapons, bad coaching, terrible situation, blah blah blah.  So that makes me think, “hey, maybe with LaFleur, Corey Davis, potentially Kyle Pitts and some o-line help, Darnold could succeed”.

then I remember when I watched him I wanted to rip my eye balls out.

I’m still very torn on the Wilson vs Fields situation.  I don’t get why Fields has been tarnished so much and how Wilson turned into this Mahomes/Rodgers mix.

Seems like Wilson will be the pick, I guess I won’t get too angry. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

For the record I am loving that you are picking up the pessimistic whining mantle that @FidelioJet put down.😂

Keep going you are doing God's work.

The only thing is. I was right at just about every turn.  :-)

Currently there is some reason for optimism - now if JD goes out and takes defense at 23 or 34 - I’ll be pretty far off the optimism bandwagon....

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

Is anyone else sick and tired of hearing this guy constantly bitch about the Jets history and what's gone down the last 4 years ?

Its obvious that 2 years ago Joe Douglas came in here and had a plan from day one to rebuild this roster the way he thinks a team should be built.

Douglas is a guy that has respect around the league and knows the game of football while learning from some of the best men in the sport.

Maybe Greenberg can try going forward with some positive thoughts since this is the first time in quite a while we have a GM and Coaching staff that seems like they have some clue as to WTF is going on. Part of the problem with this organization and its fans is constantly pointing to a disappointing past ,

That disappointing past is not Joe Douglas' fault nor is the fault of the current coaching staff.  While the negativity exists we need to move forward as fans and send some positive thoughts toward this organization because we have a boat load of draft picks and we have filled some big holes this offseason with a very smart FA period. 

Joe Douglas is building a Football team from the bottom up no need for him to be accountable for anything this team has done the past 20 years its time to move forward.

Well so far a few of his draft picks and FA signings have been a bit sketchy but overall I hardily approve of the way JD has approached GMing our Jets.  If he can hit on a league wide average draft in picking then we are "very good to go with Joe".  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Greeny is the worst. His jet schtick is awful, predictable and against the organization at any turn.  He never calls out the players, only the org and he goes after them hard.   He’s a fool. 

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Greenberg is SOJF personified. Total clown for advocating Trevor dodges the Jets and doesn't say a peep about doing the same to the Jags. F that douchebag

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

Is anyone else sick and tired of hearing this guy constantly bitch about the Jets history and what's gone down the last 4 years ?

Here at JN, probably alot of folks.  

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

Its obvious that 2 years ago Joe Douglas came in here and had a plan from day one to rebuild this roster the way he thinks a team should be built.

He's certainly got the 'tear down' part done.  The rebuild to contention appears to be a more extended plan.  

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

Douglas is a guy that has respect around the league and knows the game of football while learning from some of the best men in the sport.

So we've heard.  He's certainly proven himself to be above average at trading players away for picks.  No question there.

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

Maybe Greenberg can try going forward with some positive thoughts since this is the first time in quite a while we have a GM and Coaching staff that seems like they have some clue as to WTF is going on. Part of the problem with this organization and its fans is constantly pointing to a disappointing past ,

So Greenberg being negative is why we've sucked?

And if he's more positive, we'll play better and win more?

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

That disappointing past is not Joe Douglas' fault nor is the fault of the current coaching staff.

Certainly a truism. 

Because it's literally always true when new guys get hired.  

Unless you're the Yankees rehiring Billy Martin for the Nth time, I suppose.

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

While the negativity exists we need to move forward as fans and send some positive thoughts toward this organization because we have a boat load of draft picks and we have filled some big holes this offseason with a very smart FA period.

I'd like to know more about how positive thoughts helps the team win games.  Was Sam and Gase bad because I doubted them?  Man, big if true. 

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

Joe Douglas is building a Football team from the bottom up no need for him to be accountable for anything this team has done the past 20 years its time to move forward.

So was Macc, according to some version of you in 2015.

So was Idzik, according to some version of you in 2013.

Every time we reset, and we do it rather often, someone posts something near verbatim to this post.  

Be positive!  You negative folks are why we lose!  This time it will surely be different.

I say "great!".  I can't wait to see it,.  On the field.  In actual wins and actual production.  That will be a great day, and no one wants to see it more than I do.

  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

Mike Greenberg is annoying. The funny part is this tool is actually working the draft for ABC.

How is this guy employed and making real money?

He is not knowledgeable.  He is not funny. He is not intelligent.  His whole shtick is being a whiny bitch.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Jet fans under Mac teams going 10-6 

THIS IS JUST A SHORT TERM FIX!!! HE HAS NO PLAN!!

Jet fans watching JD teams go 2-14

HES A GENIUS!! HES BUILDING SOMETHING HERE!!!

Found Mike Maccagnans burner account 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Is anyone else sick and tired of hearing this guy constantly bitch about the Jets history and what's gone down the last 4 years ?

Its obvious that 2 years ago Joe Douglas came in here and had a plan from day one to rebuild this roster the way he thinks a team should be built.

Douglas is a guy that has respect around the league and knows the game of football while learning from some of the best men in the sport.

Maybe Greenberg can try going forward with some positive thoughts since this is the first time in quite a while we have a GM and Coaching staff that seems like they have some clue as to WTF is going on. Part of the problem with this organization and its fans is constantly pointing to a disappointing past ,

That disappointing past is not Joe Douglas' fault nor is the fault of the current coaching staff.  While the negativity exists we need to move forward as fans and send some positive thoughts toward this organization because we have a boat load of draft picks and we have filled some big holes this offseason with a very smart FA period. 

Joe Douglas is building a Football team from the bottom up no need for him to be accountable for anything this team has done the past 20 years its time to move forward.

Greenberg sold his soul to create clicks and conversations.  He wants to push his own brand.  With that said, JD needs to step it up and start to draft some NFL-ready prospects or we're back on the crazy carousel.  National media only wants to see us wallow in the basement because Jets fans are loyal and will still follow the product and click the bait they offer us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

@jetstream23 I'm in your head again! LOL ! Thought you'd enjoy this one ?

I've been on with Francesa, the Michael Kay show, Chris Carlin Etc. These guys have to keep the show going so they come up with points of views and angles.

If you call in and come up with any kind of a solution or anything that makes sense they don't like that. You got hung up on pretty quick. It's just their job man they want you to call in and ask a question so they can give a point of view.

It's just an act to keep people listening. If they told you what they really thought there'd be no reason to listen.

For example if Hulk Hogan and Roddy Piper weren't wrestlers and just left each other alone there wouldn't have been a WrestleMania!

Why don't you guys just stay away from each other? Lmfao!

Fair take.  You a Jets fan?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Why? Because his first draft netted maybe one starter

JD  had one draft and Rome wasn't built in a day, but he does need to step it up.  Usually take 2-3 years to evaluate a draft and COVID did have an impact on player readiness.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SR24 said:

We’re 2 years into a 6yr deal he’s got a lot of time left. He’s had 1 draft, gave out big contracts at edge and WR this year which were big needs.  Idk why you’re whining so much about an offseason that’s not even over yet especially when JDs principles are to build through the draft 

Should have given him a 10 year contract so we wouldn't expect to win games until 2028. 

how many years remaining on the contract is an interesting metric by which to judge success...

I don't even think JD is doing a bad job, but man, the people on here act like his plan already worked.

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...