Mike Greenberg & The Negative Jet Fan

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Well, the next 4 years showed very clearly that Mike Maccagnan had no plan.  And we're still feeling the impact of all of his horrid mistakes.  So there's that.

Also, its important to point out that Mike Maccagnan is still not employed by an NFL team.

His whereabouts are completely unknown.  No interviews, no little articles popping up ripping Bowles, Gase, the Johnsons or whatever.  My guess is he'll never be seen or heard from again except at a Dunkin drive thru.

• Upvote 1

His act is old as the day is long.

Know what pisses me off with these woah is me Jets fans who recite a decade of draft picks? WHY WATCH THE DAMN TEAM IF EVERYTHING EVER WILL ALWAYS FAIL.

Joe Douglas has a ton to prove and I have anxiety about these picks but you know what, how about give dude a chance.

Greeny is the type of dude who will be anointing Wilson the first jump ball he hits back endzone to Mims. We're a scarred bunch.  We endured the Idzik 12, Mac's addiction to Dunkin Donuts and Gase's opening presser. We finally have the coach on the same timeline as the GM, with a structure which doesn't have them both reporting individually to the owner.

Get Excited!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Jet fans under Mac teams going 10-6 

THIS IS JUST A SHORT TERM FIX!!! HE HAS NO PLAN!!

Jet fans watching JD teams go 2-14

HES A GENIUS!! HES BUILDING SOMETHING HERE!!!

Well filling holes with highly paid free agents and not drafting well usually results in short term success and long term disaster....it's really not rocket science that winning teams in every sport need to draft well not signing your favorite 18 mil dollar a year fantasy football player.... but people will never learn this they like big stars and big headlines.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

10 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Is anyone else sick and tired of hearing this guy constantly bitch about the Jets history and what's gone down the last 4 years ?

Its obvious that 2 years ago Joe Douglas came in here and had a plan from day one to rebuild this roster the way he thinks a team should be built.

Douglas is a guy that has respect around the league and knows the game of football while learning from some of the best men in the sport.

Maybe Greenberg can try going forward with some positive thoughts since this is the first time in quite a while we have a GM and Coaching staff that seems like they have some clue as to WTF is going on. Part of the problem with this organization and its fans is constantly pointing to a disappointing past ,

That disappointing past is not Joe Douglas' fault nor is the fault of the current coaching staff.  While the negativity exists we need to move forward as fans and send some positive thoughts toward this organization because we have a boat load of draft picks and we have filled some big holes this offseason with a very smart FA period. 

Joe Douglas is building a Football team from the bottom up no need for him to be accountable for anything this team has done the past 20 years its time to move forward.

Stop watching MIKE Greenberg? It's super simple. If you don't like it change the channel. Unless you really want to become part of the Jetnation police?

1 hour ago, NYJ1 said:

Stop watching MIKE Greenberg? It's super simple. If you don't like it change the channel. Unless you really want to become part of the Jetnation police?

55 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I can't stand Greenberg. Every once in a while somebody posts a clip of him and I see it, other than that, I haven't watched any of his garbage in years.

12 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Is anyone else sick and tired of hearing this guy constantly bitch about the Jets history and what's gone down the last 4 years ?

Its obvious that 2 years ago Joe Douglas came in here and had a plan from day one to rebuild this roster the way he thinks a team should be built.

Douglas is a guy that has respect around the league and knows the game of football while learning from some of the best men in the sport.

Maybe Greenberg can try going forward with some positive thoughts since this is the first time in quite a while we have a GM and Coaching staff that seems like they have some clue as to WTF is going on. Part of the problem with this organization and its fans is constantly pointing to a disappointing past ,

That disappointing past is not Joe Douglas' fault nor is the fault of the current coaching staff.  While the negativity exists we need to move forward as fans and send some positive thoughts toward this organization because we have a boat load of draft picks and we have filled some big holes this offseason with a very smart FA period. 

Joe Douglas is building a Football team from the bottom up no need for him to be accountable for anything this team has done the past 20 years its time to move forward.

Well.  It seems the Jets always win the off season.  Looks like they are winning it again.

The Jets have been an inconsistent and poorly run organization with respect to on-field results ever since Sonny Werblin moved on.  Mr. Hess was by all accounts well liked and respected, but he was also an "uninvolved" owner.  Hence, the teams record suffered.  There was the Tuna Jets for a short while and they were very impressive while Mr. Hess owned the team, but it went back to bush league management once Woody became the owner.   EVERYONE left town quickly including Parcells and BB.  

I saw a team with 2 wins last year.  

I hear a lot of talk now about how they are on the right track.  Making good decisions.  

I also see the same owner in place

I'll believe the Jets are improved and headed for sustained on-field success when it happens.  

Right now, the Jets are a two win team and at the very bottom of the pack. 

12 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

Mike Greenberg is annoying. The funny part is this tool is actually working the draft for ABC.

Guaranteed to say "very interesting" after ever single pick. Between that toolbag and Kiper, I'll be locked on NFLN. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

I’ve been sick of hearing the constant negativity and Mike Greenberg sucks.

However...until the team wins and changes the narrative, none of this will go away.

Bingo. All the negative energy leaves when this org shows results. But Not a moment sooner. 

14 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

The only thing is. I was right at just about every turn.  :-)

Currently there is some reason for optimism - now if JD goes out and takes defense at 23 or 34 - I’ll be pretty far off the optimism bandwagon....

Right at every turn.... 

Narcissistic Pessimist it's an odd schtick but I respect it ....?

Here's to hoping JD finds a way to hurt you and you drop this unbearable optimism...?

15 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

YES.... Greeny is the largest b!tch JETS fan. I wish he'd just STFU. As a JETS fan sure, you can be negative or pessimistic. But, this wimpy @ss take it too far and in the public viewing forum, just straight up shameful and annoying. Also, the day that he put on a Patriots Jersey when Bob Kraft was on ESPN really made me lose the small speckle of JETS fan sympathy for him. A real JETS fan would have declined and not give in to wear it. 

• Upvote 1

After years of the Johnsons...stroking their Johnsons...using (abusing?) their ownership privilages...at the expense of the NYJ and its fans.  Like playing the slot machines.  Pulling the lever thousands of times.  It finally feels like it came up 77777!  Like hitting the jackpot.  With the team finally in the hands of respected professionals. 

JD-FO + Saleh-CS...are all on the same page...sharing a vision for this football team.  Does it look like it's been two steps backward for JD, before starting a forward leap?  Well...that's probably what its been. 

The Johnsons utilizing "consultants"...who have their own agenda...structured the Jets hierarchy into one that is unnatural for an NFL team.  Having the GM and HC report separately to ownership.  Is a recipe for disaster.  As soon as things go bad (i.e. losing...losing...losing) one party will be throwing the other one under the bus to salvage their ass from the blame.  Very hard for a GM and HC to collaborate and share a vision for the team under such a ridiculous structure.

Now Jets finally have a natural order of things.  With a GM having the authority to find a HC...who's willing to mutually collaborate a shared vision for this football team.   And the symbol of that collaboration will be seen with the 2nd pick of the draft.  The JD-Saleh-LaFleur  pick of QB NYJ.

The JD-Saleh Era begins with that 2nd pick of the draft.  

And I'm on board with them big time!

17 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

WTF do you want Douglas to do? He inherited sh*t and is trying to build a team with a plan. Your idiotic posts defending Mac and criticism of Douglas are ridiculous!! Stop with your nonsense.

I'm not sure about this at all. JD so far is a salvage yard guy. He has traded every decent player on the team for nothing but maybes. He gutted and demoralized the team and then threw them to the wolves. 

All this for precious draft picks. He has not shown he knows how to draft anything yet. Time will tell.

736546422_JDOGJunk.jpg.dd9b27f2558bce6e61f68d197311e7d8.jpg

18 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

WTF do you want Douglas to do? He inherited sh*t and is trying to build a team with a plan. Your idiotic posts defending Mac and criticism of Douglas are ridiculous!! Stop with your nonsense.

I'm not sure about this at all. JD so far is a salvage yard guy. He has traded every decent player on the team for nothing but maybes. He gutted and demoralized the team and then threw them to the wolves. 

All this for precious draft picks. He has not shown he knows how to draft anything yet. Time will tell.

6 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Greeny is calming down, interesting comments by Tim Hassleback this morning re: Fields v the other 4 QBs and Wilson's gifted arm talent.  

Starts about 19:50ish.  The Wilson stuff starts about 22:40.  Very high on his arm--better than Fields-- and likes his athleticsm.  

https://www.espn.com/radio/play/_/id/31209967

Greeny is just emotionally damaged. 

He went out on a limb right before opening day last year and said that was about to become the best QB in the league. Watching opening day in Buffalo probably felt like getting water-boarded.