Morgan pick makes even less sense now... what a waste of a pick

Just now, Skeptable said:

nobody is hiding... I am upvoting comments that are good and downvoting pointless or bad ones... the actual point of the upvote downvote system.

Got it.

You do what you do.

I'll speak to the adults.  

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sad 1
  • Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just reflecting a bit and have to say that this pick was a huge gaff by JD.  I know many weren’t happy with this pick at the time, but to come back the next draft and have to pick another QB..  geesh.

Backup QB is an important position, particularly when the starting QB is 150 lbs and made of quinoa.

I wish there was more whining and crying around here about the amazing blunder Joe Douglas managed to execute with the 125th pick last year. I mean, that 125th pick, you're really expecting a perennia

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

no picks???? Wana take that back

Jamal

Leo

Robbie

want me to continue or just concede you sound silly

Just to help you out, because I wouldn't want you to sound silly:

Jamal, Leo and Robbie don't play on our team big fella!

And WOW! Three picks in eight years.  Maybe you could be the one to go over to John and Mike's house and give them gold stars for all their great work!  Then, you could head over to JD's house and fire him since, well, you know he hasn't made the team great in one year like they do in Madden.

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, MysticalJet2 said:

No  - not a starting QB... but a different pick, different position that would or could be starter

I agree with you, look at some of the players that went in the 4th, many would be starters on the Jets. Picking a qb, when you had a 22 yr old starter, was just stupid, period.

3 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Just to help you out, because I wouldn't want you to sound silly:

Jamal, Leo and Robbie don't play on our team big fella!

And WOW! Three picks in eight years.  Maybe you could be the one to go over to John and Mike's house and give them gold stars for all their great work!  Then, you could head over to JD's house and fire him since, well, you know he hasn't made the team great in one year like they do in Madden.

ASK YOURSELF

Why didnt they play on our team? 

Shall i also list the other picks having fine careers on other teams now

9 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I don't care about a downvote.  Or an upvote.  Or any vote. I'm an adult.

I'm just curious why this d-bag has a bug up his ass about me.  

I didn't bang Morgan--if he's jealous he's seriously mistaken.  

I don't "care" about them either I find them to be to be silly.... The currency of d-bags is the downvote.

The badge of cowards, blowhards, and imbeciles is the ignore button.

But .... the lady doth protest too much, methinks.

If you did not care .... Why would you post about it repeatedly giving the opportunity for said party to continue to troll you ... unless you did in fact "care"...

You could just tag the transgressing party in silly meme posts allowing him to continue this downvote raiding and laugh the whole way home.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
8 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

I don't "care" about them either I find them to be to be silly.... The currency of d-bags is the downvote.

The badge of cowards, blowhards, and imbeciles is the ignore button.

But .... the lady doth protest too much, methinks.

If you did not care .... Why would you post about it repeatedly giving the opportunity for said party to continue to troll you ... unless you did in fact "care"...

You could just tag the transgressing party in silly meme posts allowing him to continue this downvote raiding and laugh the whole way home.

What the actual f*ck. I was just asking who this dude was. I don’t do up down sideways any votes. 

Was just asking a legit question. 

Geez. 

• Upvote 1
27 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

What the actual f*ck. I was just asking who this dude was. I don’t do up down sideways any votes. 

Geez. 

All good brotha I'm just messing around and jumping into the middle of $#!+   I have nothing to do with on the boards ... Because it's fun.

He's just some ***hole on the internet much like most of us. I gave you an upvote (that you don't care about) because I do as the hypno-toad commands, the hypno-toad wants us to be friends.

• Haha 1
50 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

ASK YOURSELF

Why didnt they play on our team? 

Shall i also list the other picks having fine careers on other teams now

I wasn't attached to a single player JD has let go of.... Hated Jamallpro, thought Robby was extremely overvalued by this fan base, think Sam is softer than baby**** mentally...

Sam can take a hit though I'll give him physically tough... just no fire in his belly to win or be great that I've seen over the last three years. Sam and Mark are pretty interchangeable to me.

• Upvote 1

Has the original poster even seen Morgan play in college ,has any of the fans who continue to crap on the guy and the pick seen him play ? Before we throw a perfectly good backup on the trash heap,how about we give him a fair shot to make the team. I swear a lot of this fan base would ha e throw a Matt Ryan right under the bus.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 3
2 minutes ago, fltflo said:

Has the original poster even seen Morgan play in college ,has any of the fans who continue to crap on the guy and the pick seen him play ? Before we throw a perfectly good backup on the trash heap,how about we give him a fair shot to make the team. I swear a lot of this fan base would ha e throw a Matt Ryan right under the bus.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I feel pretty confident most people have no clue 

• Upvote 2
4 hours ago, Savage69 said:

BB since he had Brady as his starter has drafted around 8 QB's with a 2nd 3rd and  4th rd picks others were lower. I wonder how many Pat fans were crying about his wasted picks??

Are you seriously comparing the Super Bowl Champion Dynasty Patriots, to the Jets??  Seriously?  

1 hour ago, Lurker89 said:

All good brotha I'm just messing around and jumping into the middle of $#!+   I have nothing to do with on the boards ... Because it's fun.

He's just some ***hole on the internet much like most of us. I gave you an upvote (that you don't care about) because I do as the hypno-toad commands, the hypno-toad wants us to be friends.

He’s such a dick. Can’t even take a joke in another thread. 

Man, kids going through life like miserable pricks. 

So pathetic. 

• Thumb Down 1
15 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Are you seriously comparing the Super Bowl Champion Dynasty Patriots, to the Jets??  Seriously?  

It was about back up QB's reading problem maybe?? :blink:

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, MysticalJet2 said:

every pick matters when your 2-14

Of course. But we weren't 2-14 so there. 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

8 pages on a 4th round pick that is an incomplete.  The draft can't get here soon enough.

Want to talk a mistake?  How about Bowles playing McCown in 2017 after the Jets were clearly tanking and winning 5 games for no good reason?  That forced the Jets to trade 3  twos to get in position to draft a QB - turned into Darnold. Those picks all worked out for the Colts. Does Darnold have a different career path if the Jets picked 2nd in 2018 and drafted OL with the three picks they gave away by winning meaningless games with a veteran QB after trading/cutting Mangold, Revis, Marshall, Decker, Harris??? That is pure stupidity.  Play Bryce Petty and lose baby.   Winning meaningless games is horrendous.  Missing on a 4th rounder happens to most of the league every year.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1

@Skeptable @Peace Frog

PzwVHpZ.gif.fd106e477947abedee3e26115608918c.gif

Let's get weird and hug it out together.... even though I have nothing to do with any of this....How did I end up here... Ohh that's right I put myself here.

I'll downvote you... you can downvote me, then we can all upvote each other... kinky

shall we shag now or shall we shag later austin powers GIF

• Haha 1
Just now, Lurker89 said:

@Skeptable @Peace Frog

PzwVHpZ.gif.fd106e477947abedee3e26115608918c.gif

Let's get weird and hug it out together.... even though I have nothing to do with any of this....How did I end up here... Ohh that's right I put myself here.

I'll downvote you... you can downvote me, then we can all upvote each other... kinky

shall we shag now or shall we shag later austin powers GIF

image.jpeg.200bbfcfd98d354699a64c6fc29c47be.jpeg

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not having a real offseason is a very good reason why Morgan didn't see the field last year.  So many people complain about Darnold being "thrown to the wolves" but aren't willing to give a project QB a year to sit and learn.  It's silly.

If he doesn't make strides towards the QB2 role and/or fails to see the field next season I'll see your point.  Year 1 was a wash for project rookies across the league, especially at QB.  Jacob Eason, taken 2 picks before Morgan, didn't see a snap for the Colts either.  No one in Indy is whining about that, even after they just traded for Carson Wentz's giant contract. 

the colts have finally started to run thier org properly well at least in the FO. Ever since they destroyed Luck and the opportuniyt they had with them, they have quietly been building the right way. I think in general they are on the same path as us, both team being on the path of building through the draft around thier QB. its alittle different for them wiht the wentz etc but basically the same - add talent and get roster up to apr so that thew QB doest retire early from injury. ...

• Upvote 1

If/When Zach Wilson busts like our own RG III, maybe Morgan will end up being our Kurt Cousins 🤷🏼‍♂️

Chances of that are probably next to nill but hey, its the Jets, holding out for a miracle is pretty much all we've got lol

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

I understand the need to defend our GM, but the Jets didn't dress Morgan once all year, even for the games that Darnold was inactive for.  Very Hackenbergian, don't you think? Before anyone goes berserk, I'm not saying Morgan is as inept as Hackenberg, I'm saying that there was apparently no plan for Morgan.  If you're going to make this pick, at least TRY to develop him A LITTLE during the season. If that's not your plan, then the Jets shhould have tried to fill another position of need at 125 that would have actually gotten some playing time and at least give the coaches something tangible to assess the player's value going forward.  The fact that Morgan was getting 3rd string reps every week during a historically bad and lost season tells you all you need to know about what the Jets plans are for him. He will NEVER take a meaningful snap for this team. We all know this.  A complete waste of a pick by every single measurement of draft picks. Maybe before his eventual release down the road, the Jets will pull a "Rudy" and let him take 1 snap in a real game just so he can actually prove he was on the team. 😎

1 hour ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

8 pages on a 4th round pick that is an incomplete.  The draft can't get here soon enough.

Want to talk a mistake?  How about Bowles playing McCown in 2017 after the Jets were clearly tanking and winning 5 games for no good reason?  That forced the Jets to trade 3  twos to get in position to draft a QB - turned into Darnold. Those picks all worked out for the Colts. Does Darnold have a different career path if the Jets picked 2nd in 2018 and drafted OL with the three picks they gave away by winning meaningless games with a veteran QB after trading/cutting Mangold, Revis, Marshall, Decker, Harris??? That is pure stupidity.  Play Bryce Petty and lose baby.   Winning meaningless games is horrendous.  Missing on a 4th rounder happens to most of the league every year.

ahh yes the guy who always jumps on to complain about the teaming winning games. As if professionals with millions of dollars in contracts and coaches with employment on the line are gona truly throw games......can we move past this false narrative please

• Upvote 1
22 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

I understand the need to defend our GM, but the Jets didn't dress Morgan once all year, even for the games that Darnold was inactive for.  Very Hackenbergian, don't you think? Before anyone goes berserk, I'm not saying Morgan is as inept as Hackenberg, I'm saying that there was apparently no plan for Morgan.  If you're going to make this pick, at least TRY to develop him A LITTLE during the season. If that's not your plan, then the Jets shhould have tried to fill another position of need at 125 that would have actually gotten some playing time and at least give the coaches something tangible to assess the player's value going forward.  The fact that Morgan was getting 3rd string reps every week during a historically bad and lost season tells you all you need to know about what the Jets plans are for him. He will NEVER take a meaningful snap for this team. We all know this.  A complete waste of a pick by every single measurement of draft picks. Maybe before his eventual release down the road, the Jets will pull a "Rudy" and let him take 1 snap in a real game just so he can actually prove he was on the team. 😎

In a normal year with pre season games much of what you wanted would have happened. Last year some thought there might not even be a season..  The other 4th rd pick O-lineman Clark never got a snap either..

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, undertow said:

I think Mims will be good but Claypool is a superstar already...the other thing people say is that JD had inside info that he would fall further so he traded back.  What's far more likely is he wasn't in love with him just like the rest of the league... he fell further and he decided to just take a chance....you don't trade out of a spot when a player falls to you that you love.

A superstar??  Really?  exaggerate much?  He is a very good player but has a ways to go to be considered a superstar.   

5 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

I was just wondering why you chose to hide behind a childish twitter/intsa/facebook/internet d-bag tool rather than engaging in adult discussion.

Millenials.  Too funny and butthurt.

So let me be clear here, this isn't cool. You have several people flagging your posts. Ironic because you are calling other people a baby, when that is what you are getting flagged for.

Your tone isn't cool, I don't even know the back story. So spare me the he started it stuff. When five people flag your posts, that tells me all I need to know.

I haven't bothered looking up what your old username used to be. I prefer not to, so if you decide to stop attacking people you can keep posting here. If not posting won't be an option, because the name calling you are doing is making you look like a child.

2 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

He’s such a dick. Can’t even take a joke in another thread. 

Man, kids going through life like miserable pricks. 

So pathetic. 

Another garbage post.

12 minutes ago, Maxman said:

So let me be clear here, this isn't cool. You have several people flagging your posts. Ironic because you are calling other people a baby, when that is what you are getting flagged for.

Your tone isn't cool, I don't even know the back story. So spare me the he started it stuff. When five people flag your posts, that tells me all I need to know.

I haven't bothered looking up what your old username used to be. I prefer not to, so if you decide to stop attacking people you can keep posting here. If not posting won't be an option, because the name calling you are doing is making you look like a child.

Wow. So 2 people “flagging” (don’t know what that means) all of my posts because they are Morgan fans or disagree with my opinions and chose not to have adult discourse and I’m the one acting like a child? 

Really? Is that how it works? 

I asked a question about some poster stalking all of my posts but I’m the problem? Do I need to go back and point out personal attacks? Which I don’t care about? I could.  But I won’t because it’s childish.  It’s just the internet.  

I don’t get it. I see posters here flaming each other hundreds of times. No problem  

But I’m a problem? 

Ban me if I’m such a problem.  

If so it was a fun run  

Geez.  

5 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Geez. 

@Maxman Sir, I don’t mean to insult but it’s just weird finding a dozen “flags” from someone I’ve never interacted with with no reasoned discourse. 

But whatever you feel you need to do. I guess folks report others when they disagree with opinions then don’t feel like explaining the reasoning. 

Garbage posts going both ways. 

• Upvote 2
14 hours ago, MysticalJet2 said:

This pick was an ultimate blunder in my opinion.  period.  Doesn't build confidence in his drafting capability.  And yes 125th pick is very important on a rebuild

We all heard you the first 8 times. Nobody else gives a ****....

👍 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
19 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

@Maxman Sir, I don’t mean to insult but it’s just weird finding a dozen “flags” from someone I’ve never interacted with with no reasoned discourse. 

But whatever you feel you need to do. I guess folks report others when they disagree with opinions then don’t feel like explaining the reasoning. 

Garbage posts going both ways. 

You must not be paying attention. Nobody reported any of your football posts. The posts where you attacked people: 

You:   Stupid millennial

You:  Wow you must be butt hurt

That is what people reported. Ironic because you seem butt hurt over a negative rep, which is the system people use to show they don't agree with a post.

16 hours ago, derp said:

The Cam Clark pick is the one that’s going to need to show me something. A QB in round 4 is a dart throw, an iOL should be a starter. For all the fuss about guard play, if he can step in and take over one of those jobs it would be huge. 

This! Hoping against hope when he was drafted he had a high ceiling, he was hurt last year...

its not that he picked a QB, its that Morgan couldnt get off the practice squad all year even when we needed him to back up Flacco in what..week 8 or 9?

that is some project that he couldnt come in after 8 weeks to backup.

and where is Clark? injured or another practice squad guy? i forgot

but this is going to happened when you keep trading back, you get so many extra picks your going to take chances on guys you normally wouldn't.

but i do agree this is a wasted pick NOW that sam is gone. no way we have 2 rookies as our QBs.