Morgan pick makes even less sense now... what a waste of a pick

I think the reason these Morgan Threads Downward Spiral so rapidly is because:

1-It is still early to conclude whether Morgan is of any value or not, but

2-The majority view is that he will ultimately likely be a less useful version of Bryce Petty, and 

3-There were other players available on the Board who offered a higher likelihood of being useful, particularly considering the state of the OL and WR last year.  

We Jet Fans are generally crazy but generally not unreasonable.  I don't think in the end people will jump up and down if Davis, Perine and Clark don't work out. Zuniga-maybe a little.   We are not unreasonable to seriously question the Morgan pick, particularly as the Jets look at spending $xmm for Brian Hoyer.  

13 hours ago, JetBlue said:

A superstar??  Really?  exaggerate much?  He is a very good player but has a ways to go to be considered a superstar.   

He had 9 TDS and 900 yards as a rookie...plus if you watch him play you should be able to see it with your eyes....just like Metcalf in his rookie year.  Not to mention most of these numbers came before the Steelers offense collapsed late in the season.

1 minute ago, undertow said:

He had 9 TDS and 900 yards as a rookie...plus if you watch him play you can should be able to see it with your eyes....just like Metcalf a few years ago.

Well I guess my definition of superstar and yours are just different.   He can become a superstar but I think it is tad early to pronounce that.   Superstars normally have to maintain a high level of play for more than one season, but that is just how I see it. 

7 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Well I guess my definition of superstar and yours are just different.   He can become a superstar but I think it is tad early to pronounce that.   Superstars normally have to maintain a high level of play for more than one season, but that is just how I see it. 

Regardless of what your definition of superstar is he's a legit WR1...which we still don't have on our roster.

19 hours ago, riggy001 said:

I agree with you, look at some of the players that went in the 4th, many would be starters on the Jets. Picking a qb, when you had a 22 yr old starter, was just stupid, period.

i agree. but dont forget how we felt when we watched Luke Faulk start 3 games. we never want to see that again. so i kinda get how he felt a QB3 was a need. and with Flacco coming off that injury as our backup and sam having missed games in all of his seasons i can see why he did this now.

kinda of like me and im sure others here feel about the kicker position. im sick and tired of these journeyman missing extra points and chip shot FGs.

hes got enough picks that he can use one earlier than he should just to make sure we get the best one in this draft.