2nd tier WR's

With the free agency additions and the fact we're taking a QB at #2, I think we're out of the Pitts, Jamar Chase, Devonta Smith sweepstakes. I still want us to take a WR. This is yet another talented and deep pool and we should take advantage by drafting someone in rds 2-4.

Who do you like in that 2nd or 3rd tier? I'm still very much on the Sage Surratt bandwagon but there are other interesting ones like Tammorion Terry, who's size and speed combo is a bargain later in the draft. Or maybe Rondale Moore in Rd 2 as a slot and punt returner? 

I'd dislike it if we target one too early because it would mean we're probably cutting Crowder and I think that would be stupid.

The group is fine, maybe even good if Mims kicks on and we have way too many pressing needs on the line to prioritize another slot WR. If Wilson has an issue next year it's far, far more likely to be a lack of protection than weapons. 

• Sympathy 1

I honestly don't see Moore as a 2nd tier guy. I'd put him in the scrum with the other WR1 guys. In any case,he'd be great but not likely to last to our 3rd round (thinking OL/CB will be our first two picks most likely).

I'm definitely a big booster for Dyami Brown in rd 3. The irony is Robby Anderson is exactly the WR piece we're missing now with Davis and Mims in the fold. Brown is in that same deep threat mold. TE would be great but I don't see a lot of TE targets in this draft outside of the obvious Who Wil be gone within minutes of Zach getting picked. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

We do and we also need a slot/jet motion type of burner

mims was supposed to be that guy-4.38 40 .... he sucked last year (zero tds and could not stay on the field) but lets hope year two he does not suck again-he wont have all of the lame excuses guys made for him last year while other rookies flourished 

• Upvote 1

Terrace marshall jr and rondale moore is that next tier that i really want. 

Beyond that, I like Toney and Elijah moore but they are going to possibly be overdrafted.

Mid round guy to watch for is Jaelen Darden. 

Other late picks are guys like Jacob harris and trevon grimes. 

jets have had visits with anthony schwartz and ihmir smith marsette, so they’re looking for vertical threats late. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Let's just draft Dax Milne in like Rd 5 or 6 to catch passes from his buddy Zach. 

Add that to Corbin Kaufusi, Bronson Kaufusi, and Harvey Langi on the squad. 

The Metro Mormons. 

The Stormin' Mormons

Also Matt Bushman, TE from BYU. Could be a sleeper. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, kmnj said:

mims was supposed to be that guy-4.38 40 .... he sucked last year (zero tds and could not stay on the field) but lets hope year two he does not suck again-he wont have all of the lame excuses guys made for him last year while other rookies flourished 

Mims is really fast was thinking more in the lines of the wife beater in KC minus the wife beating

5 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Bateman at 23

Isn’t his profile similar to mims and Davis though? Just wondering how you’d get all those guys on the field enough. I know he’s a great receiver bit we have two young guys signed long term. 

would think we’d be more looking at kadarius Toney for the slot if we went WR at 23 or 34

im going we go OL with one or both of those picks

at 23 I’d only be ok with defense if. It was for Caleb Farley or jaelin Phillips because I think they could be elite guys potentially

I'm comfortable with what we have. If JD likes a guy in the third round sure, but for me the first five picks will be some combination of QB, G, C, CB, Edge and LB. 

I'd be conscious of our two first round picks next year. Let's see what we have in Mims and Davis, and if needs be, draft a stud receiver in next year's first round. 

Justyn Ross, Wide Receiver, Junior (6’4″, 205 pounds)

There was a time when many in the draft community thought that Clemson wide receiver Justyn Rosswas a future first-round pick, but his career is very much in jeopardy after he was forced into surgery in June to fix a spinal issue. For Ross, the question isn’t “when will he be drafted”; the question is “will he ever play football again?”

Ross has impressive size, including a long and athletic build. He is a strong natural pass-catcher and isn’t afraid to compete for the football. When it comes to body control and ball tracking, Ross has borderline elite abilities. He wins at the contested catch with ease and is an explosive receiver.

It is a hard task to determine Ross’ draft stock due to his recent surgery. If he does play football again, due to medical concerns, he would likely become a mid-round pick. If he falls to the middle rounds of the draft and finds a way to prove that he is healthy, he could turn out to be quite the bargain for a lucky NFL team.

5 hours ago, kmnj said:

Jets need a freaking tight end

herndon griffin and the newly signed jag from the bills wont cut it

We need our own kittle kelce andrews tonyan etc....

Tommy Tremble tight end from notre dame.  Can be had in the 3rd round.

Joe D will get us another stud receiver just like he did w/ mims last year.

He is going to use this draft to stack the offense.

Joe D!!!!!!!!