Bengals release Gio Bernard

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Yeah, no thanks. 30 year old RB on the back of his career?  Totally nonsensical to target him.  Besides, they already signed Bernard in Tevin Coleman.  Same dude just bigger faster and hurt more. 

True about Tevin Coleman. Not that our o-line is any great but I do think Gio has some miles left, and the Bengals didn't do him any favors.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

He’s basically been Cincy’s version of Bilal Powell

I wouldn’t be against it, but I don’t see it happening after already bringing in Coleman.

I think they’ll use a mid round pick on someone like Herbert to add to the committee.

Yes and yes. Gio would be a duplicate piece with Coleman here. And yes, I'm a big proponent of Herbert coming in. Wouldn't cost more than a day 3 pick IMO and would immediately jump to the top of the RBBC. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Marshmello said:

Something to take a look at. That's why we shouldn't draft a RB with the 23rd or 34th pick....

I suppose if we can get a RB like Harris or someone who looks like they can be very dominant at the 23rd or 34th pick it has to be seriously considered. We know if our top #2 pick is Wilson JD already said they would provide all means of support necessary and in reality with those 2 picks ultimately ending up with an awesome RB and G would be what is needed most. We are better at receiver than at RB and we need Wilson to have a very good running game and to best get that would be at RB and G. He can then be a play action passing machine and this will keep the pass rush off of him. I know we would be spending our 1st 3 picks on O and that likely 1 of the 2 mentioned might be a CB or Edge rusher they pick, but we are much better suited at this stage to struggle on D a bit at the expense of the O. We may get fortunate in the 3rd round to get a starter at CB there, but depends on if the depth at CB goes down that far in the draft. Heck our 1st 3rd rounder in #2 which is basically a late 2nd rounder. There should still be pretty high value there at CB. That would make me be happy if it went that way depending on player value:

1A) QB 

1B) Best RB or G

2) Whichever isn't picked at 1B) between RB and G

3A) CB or Edge Rusher

3B) Whichever isn't picked at 3A) between CB or Edge Rusher

We can then use our remaining picks 4, 5A, 5B, 6A, and 6B, that are high picks in each round to pickup up further depth at OL, DE/OLB, WR, TE, and maybe take another CB. Unless in one of those day 3 picks we want to take a Kicker if one is very highly touted. We already have a young punter and overall pretty young team, we can try and score at a great Kicker that will need his feet wet early on. Generally picking Kickers anywhere in the draft can be very good since they drop down to low rounds normally no matter even if they are great. If not at the end of the draft take a highly rated one as an UDFA to see if he is better than Fickens or whoever else we have as our Kickers have been underwhelming the last couple of years.  

They just signed a solid vet no need for another.....Coleman, Perine, Adams, and a rookie is fine for this year.  The goal isn't signing a bunch of mediocre 30 yr olds to block playing time for younger guys....we just got rid of that coach,

On 4/7/2021 at 9:59 AM, Untouchable said:

He’s basically been Cincy’s version of Bilal Powell

I wouldn’t be against it, but I don’t see it happening after already bringing in Coleman.

I think they’ll use a mid round pick on someone like Herbert to add to the committee.

Was much better coming out than Bilal. I think I'd rather take Powel right now though

58 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

You see?! They chose Gio over Fournette, guys. 

Great pickup for them. They have decent runners but badly lacked a pass catching back, something Brady has loved having in the past. Thought they would look for Etienne at 32, still might.

• Upvote 1