Atlanta "open for moving" the #4 pick

3 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

you'd give up at a minimum the #23, the #34 and next year's #1 for a TE?  not even sure that gets it done TBH

insanity

whoa, that much?  I dont really get the draft value thingy, I'm bad at the math, but when I look at the chart it's saying 23/34 would get it done.

• WTF? 1

This is my dream.

I think 23, 34, and Carolina’s second next year gets you pretty close chart wise. If they’d take that and change I do it 10/10 times, but there’s a better than decent chance somebody else offers more.

I don’t know what the value of cap relief is but they’re up against it, only $4M in cap space, and the Jets could absorb that bad Dante Fowler contract.

If they can pull that off and then take Meinerz and Brown in the third and Green at the top of the fourth we’re off and running. Throw in Ben Mason with a sixth rounder and then let Saleh take two linebackers and a corner he likes with the other picks.

Have a whole new offensive line that knows the scheme and two first round picks heading into 2022.

I would also feel way better about things if they committed to redshirting the #2 pick for a year but that feels like a stretch. Let Alex Smith be Alex Smith and then when he gets hurt it’s Captain Morgan time.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, JiF said:

Wilson at #2, trade up for Pitts @4.

Fight me

@Paradis

Given the price to move from 12 to 3 was two future 1s.  We woudl probably have to give up 23 and two future 1s.  Maybe even more if we have to outbid someone looking to mmove up for a QB.  Too rich for me.  Although, if Atlanta trades back, we probably see Pitts 2x per year when Miami grabs him at 6. 

really hope Atlanta stays put, takes Pitts and makes one last run with Ryan, Julio, Ridley & Pitts.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

whoa, that much?  I dont really get the draft value thingy, I'm bad at the math, but when I look at the chart it's saying 23/34 would get it done.

i just picked one at random via google search

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp?RequestTeam=nyj

#4 = 1800

#23 (760) + #34 (560) = 1320

generally speaking, future picks discounted by a round, so next year's #1 = this year #2.  the 10th pick of the 2nd round this year is 480, which is the differential above.  we have 2 #1s next year, but it probably would take the lower of the two (assume seattle since they assumedly will still have russell wilson this year and have a better overall team).

so that's the ballpark

flip it around - if the jets had the #4 pick, would you trade it for a late 1st/early 2nd?

• Upvote 4

Not saying I make this trade but this forum downplays every position on the field

'box safety"

"just a tight end"

'Can get a RB cheap anywhere" 

"WR's are year to year"

NO ONE seems to care we havent had a competent kicker in 2 seasons 

Like what position do we value on this forum?

Asking for a friend? 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, kevinc855 said:

Not saying I make this trade but this forum downplays every position on the field

'box safety"

"just a tight end"

'Can get a RB cheap anywhere" 

"WR's are year to year"

NO ONE seems to care we havent had a competent kicker in 2 seasons 

Like what position do we value on this forum?

Asking for a friend? 

QB, OL, Edge, CB in that order

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, JiF said:

By the chart, 23 (760) & 34 (560) gets you to 10 (1,300).  Would probably have to add next year's 1 to the package to get up to 4.

• Upvote 1

Just now, kevinc855 said:

study the nfl draft and tell me how many teams are picking TEs, RBs, box safeties, and even WRs with top 5 or top 10 picks?  not many.  and then look at the best RBs, TEs, and WRs across the league and you will see that most of them are not 1st round picks, let alone top 5-10 picks

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

It sounds to me like they might be leaning against taking a QB 

Right. But I think the Super Bowl window with Matt Ryan has closed. And they have a golden opportunity to get a top tier QB who can develop for a year or two behind him. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jetblue95 said:

study the nfl draft and tell me how many teams are picking TEs, RBs, box safeties, and even WRs with top 5 or top 10 picks?  not many.  and then look at the best RBs, TEs, and WRs across the league and you will see that most of them are not 1st round picks, let alone top 5-10 picks

We can play that game with QB as well. Seeing how many busts in top 10 and how many develop late first round or later even to 3rd rounders

3 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

We can play that game with QB as well. Seeing how many busts in top 10 and how many develop late first round or later even to 3rd rounders

If you go back to the 2010 draft and look at the every QB drafted in the first round, you will see a scary bad success rate.  Lots of reasons why, lots of different situations, but you can’t argue that the misses far outweigh the hits.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

If you go back to the 2010 draft and look at the every QB drafted in the first round, you will see a scary bad success rate.  Lots of reasons why, lots of different situations, but you can’t argue that the misses far outweigh the hits.  

But you're still more likely to find a starting QB in the 1st round than any other round. It's like baseball, .300 is good!

• Upvote 4