Poll: Do you want the Jet so change their uniforms?

Uniforms  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the Jet so change their uniforms?

• Yes change the unifroms
    • No keep the uniforms

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

I think they can only be changed once every 5 years so we're stuck with these for a few more years.  It's too bad whoever signed off on these have no clue what looks good.

Whoever they are I'm sure that they probably paid thousands of dollars for a kindergarten looking Picasso painting.

Love that Twitter uní. It’s arguably the best logo Jets ever had and the uni’s are modern but classic. The new unis get worse the more I look at them. The pointy arrow crap and the New York on the front. Can’t believe they spent like 4 years making that concept and came out with such trash. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

Just keep them. Changing the uniforms does nothing to help us win games. 

3 hours ago, Wit said:

I don’t care if they wear pink onesies, as long as they start putting a consistent winning product in the field.

I've never understand either of these lines of thought.

Uniforms and winning are independant, mutually exclusive eventualities.  The only things that will help to win games is talent, coaching, culture, gameplanning,  scheme, competition, the front office--stuff that actually effects what happens on the field.

And football, before all else, is, for me, simply entertainment (I don't gamble).  I want our team to win as much as anyone.  But I also want to enjoy actually watching the games--winining or losing--I want to be entertained.  Would anyone actually enjoy watching pink onesies, pink polka dots, pink tutu's, etc.?  It's not a choice about winning or pink uniforms.  Also, this isn't radio.

It's winning.

It's uniforms.  

I would like both but we don't have to chose one over the other.

We should aspire to have both. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I've never understand either of these lines of thought.

Uniforms and winning are independant, mutually exclusive eventualities.  The only things that will help to win games is talent, coaching, culture, gameplanning,  scheme, competition, the front office--stuff that actually effects what happens on the field.

And football, before all else, is, for me, simply entertainment (I don't gamble).  I want our team to win as much as anyone.  But I also want to enjoy actually watching the games--winining or losing--I want to be entertained.  Would anyone actually enjoy watching pink onesies, pink polka dots, pink tutu's, etc.?  It's not a choice about winning or pink uniforms.  Also, this isn't radio.

It's winning.

It's uniforms.  

I would like both but we don't have to chose one over the other.

We should aspire to have both. 

I don’t want anyone in that building working on anything else other than winning. If there is a uniform super bowl then have at it, otherwise I will come to the stadium in my pink onesie. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Wit said:

I don’t want anyone in that building working on anything else other than winning. If there is a uniform super bowl then have at it, otherwise I will come to the stadium in my pink onesie. 

That's the weird thing.  A team has tons and tons of football people that work on nothing but football and winning.

But they also have tons of marketing people, sales people, maintenance people, graphic design people, finance people, administrative people, janitors, engineers--support people that have zero to do with winning but are needed to succeed as any other organization.

There are folks in that building that have noting to do with winning that could help Nike or Reebok or whomever will be doing our next uniforms to get the redesign right.

I understand the hyerbole about pink onesies but if they actually trotted out in pink onesies one might change their mind.

But that's just me.  I'd like to see nice clean professional looking uniforms. I get you'd be good with pink onesies.  

5 hours ago, rayzor said:

I think they can only be changed once every 5 years so we're stuck with these for a few more years.  It's too bad whoever signed off on these have no clue what looks good.

It's true but I think it would be in the best interest of teams and the NFL to be able to change when you bring in a new head coach. I actually like the new uniforms but a new uni for a new era has a lot of appeal.

5 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

It's true but I think it would be in the best interest of teams and the NFL to be able to change when you bring in a new head coach. I actually like the new uniforms but a new uni for a new era has a lot of appeal.

Someone mentioned the Jets can change the unis but they would have to pay a fine and that Woody and Chris Johnson would need to sign off on it.  That would be great but the problem is, they're the ones that signed off on the current unis.  Unfortunately, they obviously like them.

If the new CBA abolished the one helmet rule then I’d imagine we could work the 80s and our classic unis in as throwbacks a few times a year.

Then if we ever wanted to change back to the classics we could wear our current ones as alternates.

I enjoy our new ones but def miss the old ones...if they just would have used the new green on our classics everything would be fine !

3 hours ago, rayzor said:

The next Unis should simply be voted on by fans.  That way at least the majority of fans would like them.  But you definitely can’t please everyone.

Who are these fans? 

And do you need a picture ID to vote or can it just be absentee ballots mailed out at random?  And a Jet fandom passport?

What if a bunch of idiots ballot harvest and we wind up with pink onesies? 

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

Who are these fans? 

And do you need a picture ID to vote or can it just be absentee ballots mailed out at random?  And a Jet fandom passport?

What if a bunch of idiots ballot harvest and we wind up with pink onesies? 

Good point.  You'd be getting every moron voting to mess with us.  How about season ticket holders would be the only ones allowed to vote?

17 hours ago, Wit said:

I don’t care if they wear pink onesies, as long as they start putting a consistent winning a product in the field that isn't so embarrassing that  I don't want to admit I am a Jets fan.

• Haha 1