Why Panthers fans shouldn't be optimistic that Sam Darnold's problems are fixable

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

So you really expect anyone except the biggest Sam haters who will probably frame it and hang it in the bathroom to read while they pleasure themselves to actually read that?

its also gives Gase a break.

im not a fan of Gase but i dont think hes the worst coach to walk planet earth. but he gets that because we all think sam was some great talent and the only reason hes not is because of Gase.

we branded Gase " the Candyman" ( my favorite line from " Scream lol ). the guy cant get a job anywhere because of Sam and Us. 

maybe we were all wrong. were going to find out soon. i wonder if Gase is working again as OC if Sam fails.

i just thought the points were interesting, and the stats i never heard of before.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, doitny said:

This is not what Panthers fans want to read. I know this. I wish I could be more optimistic but it’s just really hard to do so without dusting off pre-draft scouting reports from three years ago or posting those thirst-trap highlights that Darnold produces every couple of games.

I'm curious to know why you believe Panthers' fans are on Jet nation reading your blog? May be you should cut and paste it on their forum. 

• Haha 1

I think it’s very fair to say that Sam is still an unknown.  I don’t think it’s fair to say he just sucks and can’t be a good QB.  Not when he had easily the worst coaching in the league, one of the worst olines the past 3 years, and little to no weapons.  Now can I say for sure Sam will break out in Carolina?  No I can’t that’s why he is an unknown.  But he is going into a much better situation so I think the odds are good he can excel there.  Now he obviously has issues that needs correcting.  Carolina has very good coaching so I think the odds of fixing them are good but I can’t say absolutely positively it will happen

• Thumb Down 1
Salve. 

does Gase have a job yet?
Well.....based on this article Sammy boy ruined Gase's reputation and he will need to go elsewhere to rebuild it and after Sammy boy flops he will be vindicated.

Sent from the NY Jets Draft Suicide Watch desk.

38 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

Gase is a horrible coach. But Sam is also a bad quarterback. And unless you can present some statistical support (like the article) to say otherwise, then it's a fact.

Why would I disagree with that?

It does say something that Darnold will be a #1 QB this year, and Gase will be......whatever he's doing right now, Off. Assitant in college, isn't he?

16 minutes ago, doitny said:

we branded Gase " the Candyman" ( my favorite line from " Scream lol ). the guy cant get a job anywhere because of Sam and Us. 

Explain all the years before Sam in which Gase had really bad offenses. Gase is bad. He's not a good coach. Combine that with a bad QB and it's a recipe for disaster. Gase had 1 year of close to middling when he wasn't getting Peyton coffee. 

Gase is bad. Darnold is bad. Together they formed a Voltron of sadness. It's not complicated. 

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Why would I disagree with that?

It does say something that Darnold will be a #1 QB this year, and Gase will be......whatever he's doing right now, Off. Assitant in college, isn't he?

True, good point. We'll see how that works out for the Panthers.

• Upvote 1

Although there is some type of backstory here I am sure, John Dorsey drafted Mahomes, Hunt and Hill, built most of the Chiefs that won the SB, and then went to the Browns and started that rebuild, which included passing over Darnold, who looked like QB out of Hollywood Central Casting, for a stocky midget QB who actually is better.  I think he was on to something.

I really like Sam personally, but when you combine is late QB muscle memory training and his "laid back," goofy California personality (you even saw it on his party video yesterday), I am pretty confident that he is never going to be a championship QB.

He will make alot of money for himself and his family if he is smart.  Fitz is not a championship QB either, and neither was McCown.  There is always going to be a team that wants someone functional to play some throw and catch and fill the seats without taking the necessary bullet and do a true rebuild, drafting QBs until you hit (the Jags actually did that ok).  The Jets actually kind of tried to take the bullet, but they did not build the OL and WRs while they did that-that was the mistake.  I think Rhule and Brady and that roster, including a new weapon at 8, will have Sam playing as the best Sam can be.   But when the end of season/playoffs come around, the good coaches will bring the ghosts back, and that will be it.

But for the Jets and Sam, this is a great result. 

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

At least a half dozen times he forgives adam  gase and indicates in a passive aggressive way that Gase is fine and that it was darnolds fault, i mean darnold was not only bad in a clean pocket but also 'boring'  Stellar commentary

well we lived thru Darnold. dont you remember and even on this board it was mentioned how Flacco was flinging it downfield and why wasn't Sam doing that.

he doesnt absolve Gase of all his sins, he just doesnt blame him for everything. 

well we will see. everyone thinks Rhule and Brady are the best things since slice bread. 

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

How is ol' Gase doing these days?

Surely someone in the NFL saw it like you do and hired him immediately to Head Coach their team, right?

well lets be honest. he in no rush to coach. he still got one year left on his contract. hes sitting home making 5 mil in 2021

we all made everyone think he turned the next Peyton Manning into Luke Faulk. 

and we might be right. but if sam is bad again, i bet he gets another OC job. his HC days are over. 

2 hours ago, JetFreak89 said:

This. Apparently, in addition to Steven Ruiz, numbers and statistics are also huge Sam Darnold haters. 

your more than welcome to find some numbers and stats that make sam look good.

13 minutes ago, doitny said:

well we lived thru Darnold. dont you remember and even on this board it was mentioned how Flacco was flinging it downfield and why wasn't Sam doing that.

he doesnt absolve Gase of all his sins, he just doesnt blame him for everything. 

well we will see. everyone thinks Rhule and Brady are the best things since slice bread. 

Flacco won 0 games

Flacco scored a TOTAL of 10 points in his first two games.

Flacco had a stellar 55% comp rate.

Flacco was let go by the Jets.

The herodom of Joe Flacco as a reason to dump on Darnold on these forums is just excellent!

• Post of the Week 1
1 hour ago, Jets723 said:

I think it’s very fair to say that Sam is still an unknown.  I don’t think it’s fair to say he just sucks and can’t be a good QB.  Not when he had easily the worst coaching in the league, one of the worst olines the past 3 years, and little to no weapons.  Now can I say for sure Sam will break out in Carolina?  No I can’t that’s why he is an unknown.  But he is going into a much better situation so I think the odds are good he can excel there.  Now he obviously has issues that needs correcting.  Carolina has very good coaching so I think the odds of fixing them are good but I can’t say absolutely positively it will happen

why does every one thing Carolina has good coaching? but ours was bad?

cause Rhule took a college team from 1-11 to 11-1 in 4 years.? plenty of good college coaches fail in the NFL.

Cause Brady was the Passing game coordinator & wide receivers coach for LSU in Burrows last year? 

they took a 5-11 team to 5-11.

if Brady is a QB whisperer than why did Bridgewater recess? Brady is raw. almost prior NFL experience. 

i just dont see why everyone says these guys are very good. another 5-11 season and their Adam Gase

19 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Flacco won 0 games

Flacco scored a TOTAL of 10 points in his first two games.

Flacco had a stellar 55% comp rate.

Flacco was let go by the Jets.

The herodom of Joe Flacco as a reason to dump on Darnold on these forums is just excellent!

and Sam won 2 games....you act like he won 10....

Flacco had 6 TDs and 3 ints ... Sam had 9TDs 11 ints in 12 games. so sam had just 3 more TDs in 8 games. 

he definitely outplayed him

• Upvote 2
20 minutes ago, doitny said:

and Sam won 2 games....you act like he won 10....

Flacco had 6 TDs and 3 ints ... Sam had 9TDs 11 ints in 12 games. so sam had just 3 more TDs in 8 games. 

he definitely outplayed him

Everything was better when flacco was in.  Receivers, oline etc.  And flacco sucks.  Darnold is below sucks.  Hes terrible.

• Upvote 2
4 hours ago, doitny said:

its also gives Gase a break.

im not a fan of Gase but i dont think hes the worst coach to walk planet earth. but he gets that because we all think sam was some great talent and the only reason hes not is because of Gase.

maybe we were all wrong. were going to find out soon. i wonder if Gase is working again as OC if Sam fails.

i just thought the points were interesting, and the stats i never heard of before.

Gase sucked everywhere he worked except when he ran the O for Peyton in Denver. To be more accurate,  Peyton ran his own O and Gase was just there for the ride. There was proof before Sam and Gase were teamed up that Gase was a horrible and if it wasn't  for Mac and CJ screwing up the interviews and forcing Greg Williams on the new candidates,  he probably would not have been HC and would be working at the college level as a coordinator.  

• Upvote 1

You would think with TMZ, media, etc. that someone would get a picture somewhere of Mac or Gase.  Or Jeremy Bates for that matter.   They have disappeared.  A Google search has yielded nothing.  

It would not surprise me if Gase moved back to Florida to save on the taxes from his severance payment.  He bought a modest house there.  

5 hours ago, slimjasi said:

You guys are soooo emotionally invested in Sam. I loved him too and I was legitimately sad when the trade went down because the first thing I thought about was how excited I was on draft night of 2018. But the data and analysis presented in the article speaks for itself. You can't blame Panthers fans for being concerned. 

That's not to say that Sam can't get better and take a big step forward next year, but you aren't a "hater" because you acknowledge the reality of how bad Sam has been in the NFL. 

I just saw a really long manifesto about how Sam sucked and from what others are saying exonerated Gase and I thought who want s to read something  like this about two people  that aren't  here anymore.

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

I just saw a really long manifesto about how Sam sucked and from what others are saying exonerated Gase and I thought who want s to read something  like this about two people  that aren't  here anymore.

we always talk about ex Jets...

if you think that since sam is gone you will never see a thread about him , then your wrong.

just wait till the season starts..

if he does good this week the sam fans will be starting threads like....we told you he was good....

if he sucks then the sam haters will be posting....see we told you so...

Sam Darnold will be the most watched, posted and talked about ex Jet in the history of this team and this forum. 

42 minutes ago, doitny said:

if you think that since sam is gone you will never see a thread about him , then your wrong.

if he does good this week the sam fans will be starting threads like....we told you he was good....

Sam Darnold will be the most watched, posted and talked about ex Jet in the history of this team and this forum. 

We can talk, not read War and Peace about them. 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, doitny said:

Mark Sanchez says hi 👋 

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

How’s Jamal’s contract coming?

Who cares..  he'll be highest paid safety ever at some point.  Let me know when it happens.