Anyone know somebody close to them who was a victim of domestic abuse?

Good friend of mine just got beat up by her boyfriend and her 19 year old daughter tried to jump in and  he beat her up too.

Apparently he’s real possessive and has a gps tracker on her phone.. He got annoyed whenever she’d talk to me or anyone of her friends  or  family because he’s possessive.

Shes now leaving him looking for a place to live and I don’t know any info to give her besides please call the cops as soon as possible.

Yup support her in leaving. Emotional support i mean. The guy sounds like a creep....she should have called the cops and had it documented and him arrested. Maybe its not too late? It would help with a restraining order if needed.

what state? If its a good gun friendly state with stand your ground laws suggest a gun. If its NY, forget it. You pretty much have an obligation to have your nose broken and terth knocked out before defending yourself is legal.

good luck. Sad

• Upvote 1

My wife.

Her ex was a psycho.   Like a for real nut job.   We live in Texas, she has a gun.   When she 1st got divorced she bought the rounds that would go through her front door, so if he showed up she didn't even have to open up.

That's the thing, if a nut job ex boyfriend/husband shows up, the woman needs to be able to stop him while waiting for the cops to show up.  That means "pew pew pew".

22 hours ago, RogerVick1980 said:

Good friend of mine just got beat up by her boyfriend and her 19 year old daughter tried to jump in and  he beat her up too.

Apparently he’s real possessive and has a gps tracker on her phone.. He got annoyed whenever she’d talk to me or anyone of her friends  or  family because he’s possessive.

Shes now leaving him looking for a place to live and I don’t know any info to give her besides please call the cops as soon as possible.

Besides the necessary legal steps, look into local DV resources.  Suggest they find a professional: I'd recommend an individual therapist and a DV support group.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1