Mike Lombardi Interview on Moose and Maggie

Tidbits:

1) reports are that Saleh preferred to keep Darnold and build around him over Wilson 

2) Lombardi would have traded back and drafted Sewell 

3) Lombardi has not liked what he had seen from Darnold with the Jets. 

4) Lombardi likes Darnolds leadership. Doesn’t think that Wilson is an Alpha Male.

5) Jets didn’t utilize their cap advantage to its full extent. 

6) Patriots were aggressive because they signed players 20% cheaper than they would in a normal offseason. 

7) Patriots are smarter than everyone else 

8 ) College scouts like Joe Douglas over value draft picks and don’t know about team building. 

• Thumb Down 7
  • Haha 2
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Michael Lombardi is a penis 

This is who you're citing as an authority on "alpha males"

The Pats were 100% forced to sign all the free agents this year because their draft picks are so totally mccaganan like awful.  

Posted Images

Read his book.  Good story teller. Thinks a bit too highly of himself.  Worships Bill Belichick and uses his prior relationship with him at every opportunity.  No surprise thinks Jets are dysfunctional boneheads.  Unfortunately for us on that point he is mostly correct.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

One thing he says that might be correct - I'm not sure that Wilson is the level of leader that Darnold is. Sam was easy to follow, I'm not sure that Zach will match up quite so well.

Just a few things about what I have seen give me some concerns in this area - his on-field demeanour, the way he talks in interviews, the whole he wasn't a captain until he miraculously was thing.

Hopefully I am completely wrong and he proves to be a great leader, but it's the one area where I have the most concerns about Wilson.

Flame away.

Don’t know if he is right or wrong, but I do know this is the list of QB’s drafted on his watch.

-Scott Barry
-Steve Slayden
-Clemente Gordon
-Keith McCant
-Eric Zeier
-Marquis Tuiasosopo
-Andrew Walter
-JaMarcus Russell

• Sad 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, k-met57 said:

Don’t know if he is right or wrong, but I do know this is the list of QB’s drafted on his watch.

-Scott Barry
-Steve Slayden
-Clemente Gordon
-Keith McCant
-Eric Zeier
-Marquis Tuiasosopo
-Andrew Walter
-JaMarcus Russell

Man, I remember Eric Zeier...I really thought he was going to be good. He wasn't.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

You could definitely be right about Wilson. No idea, honestly. 

But are we sure that Sam was a great leader? Sure, he was extremely well-liked in the Jets locker room. Sure, he's a super nice guy and a consummate professional with the media. But . . . a leader? Where is the evidence for that? 

I never saw any signs of Darnold being a good leader, at least from what I saw on the sidelines and in games. Who knows if he was a good leader behind the scenes. I think of a good leader as someone who uplifts the team when the going gets tough. I never saw any signs of Darnold doing that. 

• Upvote 4
5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

You could definitely be right about Wilson. No idea, honestly. 

But are we sure that Sam was a great leader? Sure, he was extremely well-liked in the Jets locker room. Sure, he's a super nice guy and a consummate professional with the media. But . . . a leader? Where is the evidence for that? 

Yeah, I guess being likeable was a big part of it with Sam. But his teammates genuinely seemed to respect him and Douglas speaks about him in glowing terms as a person.

I haven't got the impression that people feel that way about Wilson yet. As I say, I could be completely wrong but it's just a feeling I get from all the stuff I have watched on Wilson.

I still really like him as a prospect, but this is the one main thing that gives me some degree of pause.

Anyway, the Jets seem satisfied and I'm 99% certain he's going to be the pick at 2, and I will root hard for him to be great.

• Upvote 1

He is entitled to his opinion on the Sam trade as that's one he has always had.

But with regards the use of cap space he is wrong, we are in a rebuild over 3 years and could have signed many more players if we put them all on long term contracts, we have been down that road before.

As for the patriots, Bill is 107 years of age he has one more shot and can't draft for s**t so needed to spend like crazy this year.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Yeah, I guess being likeable was a big part of it with Sam. But his teammates genuinely seemed to respect him and Douglas speaks about him in glowing terms as a person.

I haven't got the impression that people feel that way about Wilson yet. As I say, I could be completely wrong but it's just a feeling I get from all the stuff I have watched on Wilson.

Agreed - and I'm not the biggest Wilson fan in the world, btw. 

But, what I'm saying is, everyone speaking glowingly about Sam as a person isn't necessarily a good thing. A lot of people don't like Aaron Rodgers, for example. I think being a little bit of a prick can be ok. 

• Upvote 3
14 minutes ago, freestater said:

image.png.77d08425ac3d829aa1a7ab789c108759.png

This is who you're citing as an authority on "alpha males"

This is the lad you people are saying is an alpha male: 

9B4DFC50-FA92-40D4-8644-6A0613654F90.gif

• Haha 1