Bears Discussing WR Anthony Miller Trade w/Teams

I’m not usually one of the “sign this beast” posters every time a player becomes available but I really like Anthony Miller as a depth option. I think he’s tough as nails & he’s talented. I watched a ton of him at Memphis, and we even talked about him some in the Draft forum when his class was up. I think Miler is an awesome addition to a team that needs to surround Wilson with every resource possible.

If Davis & Crowder go down for a few weeks around the same time. We going to roll w/ Mims, Cole & Berrios? Would love to have Miller as a guy who can step in and contribute decently above the level of a practice squad player.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, KRL said:

Liked Miller coming out of Memphis, why is CHI looking to trade him?  If he's
versatile enough he could be our "Deebo Samuel", give him the #6 we got for
Darnold:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/3050487/anthony-miller

I'm assuming bc it's the last year of his deal and they plan on paying Mooney and ARob

I wouldn't trade for a WR before the draft, especially a slot guy. I could that as a position the Jets try to find in the draft so that they can comfortably let Crowder walk next year. If not, another glut of rookie WRs entering the league will make a lot of guys available between the draft and opening day. 

I asked some of my Bears family members their thoughts on Miller as I generally thought he was pretty highly regarded.

They all said the same thing.  Very inconsistent.  Both hands wide and just overall.  Shows flashes, but still has trouble with stuff as simple as lining up correctly.

Doesn't sound like a great fit for a young QB.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I asked some of my Bears family members their thoughts on Miller as I generally thought he was pretty highly regarded.

They all said the same thing.  Very inconsistent.  Both hands wide and just overall.  Shows flashes, but still has trouble with stuff as simple as lining up correctly.

Doesn't sound like a great fit for a young QB.

Good research, that's why its important not to get wrapped up with "names"