Ok, whip out your dark horse and show it us.

51 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Richie Grant - S - UCF

Demetric Felton - Wr/RB - UCLA

Jimmy Morrisey - C - Pitt

I was a big Felton fan, especially in our new offence but did you see his RAS score as a reciever and running back, doesn't look good especially if you go by last year's draft where Joe seemed to only draft players with a high athletic score.

3 minutes ago, adobolo2 said:

I was a big Felton fan, especially in our new offence but did you see his RAS score as a reciever and running back, doesn't look good especially if you go by last year's draft where Joe seemed to only draft players with a high athletic score.

Didn;t see is Ras score just saw how good he looked at the Senior Bowl.

1 hour ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Gainwell is listed as a 3rd round prospect (96th overall) by Pro Football Network.  So, no he's not a UDFA, but he's not a top 3 at the position either.  I think he's best RB in the class, thus "dark horse".  

Oh I agree.  I wasn’t scoffing at the idea of Gainwell being a dark horse.  In fact, if you hadn’t already posted him he’d be my number 1 choice.  I’m just trying to make the argument that if that’s the criteria for “dark horse” (3rd round and below) than Carter is a fair person to include.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Tommy Tremble.  

My guy. I’ve gone from “should the Jets just take him at 66” to “I hope he’s there at 66”. I’ll be broken-hearted when he lands on another team. I think he’s perfect.

So as to not copycat - Kendrick Green, G, Illinois. Think he’s the best fit at guard for the Jets in this class and a late day 2/early day 3 prospect.

11 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Oh I agree.  I wasn’t scoffing at the idea of Gainwell being a dark horse.  In fact, if you hadn’t already posted him he’d be my number 1 choice.  I’m just trying to make the argument that if that’s the criteria for “dark horse” (3rd round and below) than Carter is a fair person to include.

Gainwell is not a Darkhorse. He is in virtually everyone’s top 5 RBs along with Carter. No biggie to expand the term to include all post round 1 names - but both are expected to be major contributors (which I know you know) and not a dark horse like Aaron Jones in the 5th round who was taken after Jamaal Williams by GB... 

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Gainwell is not a Darkhorse. He is in virtually everyone’s top 5 RBs along with Carter. No biggie to expand the term to include all post round 1 names - but both are expected to be major contributors (which I know you know) and not a dark horse like Aaron Jones in the 5th round who was taken after Jamaal Williams by GB... 

Yeah, that’s really all I was trying to say.  Just wanted to make sure I came across clearly lol.  

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I was happy to walk away from JN till the draft until I saw this thread. Like a moth to flame. Try telling a sailor after 6 months to avoid the brothel. 

moving stan marsh GIF by South Park

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Gainwell is listed as a 3rd round prospect (96th overall) by Pro Football Network.  So, no he's not a UDFA, but he's not a top 3 at the position either.  I think he's best RB in the class, thus "dark horse".  

I take him at #86 almost every time when I mock draft.

Another guy I also pick in later rounds showed up in this thread, Divine Deablo.

Chuba Hubbard would be a late round RB. WR Shi Smith and TE Kenny Yeboah are others I’d consider real late. And don’t forget about fullback, Ben Mason.

• Upvote 1

RB:

• Trey Sermon
  • Nate McCrary - my James Robinson of 2021. Jeff Wilson 2.0. PERFECT fit for our running scheme. DARK horse. 

WR:

• Warren Jackson, 6'6 220, in a slot heavy class WJ stands out. near elite ball tracking and use of body. #1 Dark horse
  • Trevon Grimes (FLA). 6'5, 220 - great outside thread. Pitts/Toney vacuumed spotlight but Grimes is legit
  • D. Eskridge or Dez Fitzpatrick - both have the ability to become E. Sanders vol 2

TE

• Zach Davidson..... all day. All day. 6'7 245, and i would have sex with him
  • Matt Bushman... injury kept him off being a household name. 
  • Upvote 4

Dline/pass rush

• Elerson Smith. N. Iowa, crushed the SB.... Book it. 
  • Cam Sample - Another prototype 4-3 end who was a SB winner (Tulane)

DBs 

• Keith Taylor (wsh).... Plug and play outside.
  • Ifeatu Melifonwu (syr) i honest think he's better than a lot of the day 1 guys. He blew up Dyami Brown.
  • Benjamin St.Juste (Min) from my hometown... this fcking gangster is 6'3, 200

I would look at least 2 drafted DBs... as we have no one behind Hall/Austin

• Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, Paradis said:

RB:

• Trey Sermon
  • Nate McCrary - my James Robinson of 2021. Jeff Wilson 2.0. PERFECT fit for our running scheme. DARK horse. 

WR:

• Warren Jackson, 6'6 220, in a slot heavy class WJ stands out. near elite ball tracking and use of body. #1 Dark horse
  • Trevon Grimes (FLA). 6'5, 220 - great outside thread. Pitts/Toney vacuumed spotlight but Grimes is legit
  • D. Eskridge or Dez Fitzpatrick - both have the ability to become E. Sanders vol 2

TE

• Zach Davidson..... all day. All day. 6'7 245, and i would have sex with him
  • Matt Bushman... injury kept him off being a household name. 

Not sure what to think of Trey Sermon, watched him last year and the year before and though some people talked about him he was thoroughly unimpressive to me.  Then about the last 4 games of the year he went into total beast mode and looked unstoppable.

• Upvote 1