Cimini

Since we had a Greeney topic, thought we would start one for this clown.  Is he for real lobbying to keep Sam? The guy included the “seeing ghosts” narrative in essentially single article he wrote about Sam for year.  How can he, with a straight face lobby to keep him? While cimini seemed more level headed compared to a hack like Mehta, I just don’t understand some of these writers.

Could careless about his personal opinion except for the fact that it drives a narrative that doesn’t need to be there. Nonetheless Sam is traded so what the hell does it matter now. He’s in the NFC, we’ll play them this year and be done with it for another 4 years and by then we’ll see who’s on top. 

One thing I can’t decide if I care about or not - none of these beat writers know jack in terms of inside information , they have garbage for sources and zilch for inside scoops. 

8 minutes ago, AlexVanDyke said:

Since we had a Greeney topic, thought we would start one for this clown.  Is he for real lobbying to keep Sam? The guy included the “seeing ghosts” narrative in essentially single article he wrote about Sam for year.  How can he, with a straight face lobby to keep him? While cimini seemed more level headed compared to a hack like Mehta, I just don’t understand some of these writers.

The same way others, here and in elsewhere think Sam has a chance and they would best be served with a fixed Sam and either the #2 pick or a tradedown?

You dont have to like it, it was always an option.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, AlexVanDyke said:

We all know the deal as Jets fans:

1) When Darnold is on Jets - explain in article after article after article how he's the worst QB in history

2) When Jets trade Darnold explain how the jets made an historic mistake and should have built around him.

3) Write article after article after article how great Wilson is.

4) Once Jets draft him, write about how his frame is too slight, and he had played against no competition.

We all know if Sam was on the Panthers the last three years and this trade was made in reverse, the Jets would be getting CRUCIFIED right now for giving up three picks for him.  You just have to ignore all this crap.

• Upvote 1

Cimini isnt out there cold and alone....

It was a well thought out and shared opinion that the Jets may be better off trading the 2 pick and fleecing somone for a ton of weapons n the next few years. The draft return alone would of most likely outweighed any potential bad play by Sam in year 4. 

People outside this forum see this as a win for Carolina and Sam much more then a win for the Jets. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

It was a well thought out and shared opinion that the Jets may be better off trading the 2 pick and fleecing somone for a ton of weapons n the next few years. The draft return alone would of most likely outweighed any potential bad play by Sam in year 4. 
People outside this forum see this as a win for Carolina and Sam much more then a win for the Jets. 

And that’s fine. A majority of the non-Cimini takes have been far more favorable to the Jets side of things. None of that matters though. It comes down to restarting the rookie clock with a new QB and then building around him in a way Mac did not do for Sam. All the Darnold stuff is water under the bridge now. It could and should have gone differently...but it didn’t. All the Cimini crying in the world isn’t undoing it.

6 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:

And that’s fine. A majority of the non-Cimini takes have been far more favorable to the Jets side of things. None of that matters though. It comes down to restarting the rookie clock with a new QB and then building around him in a way Mac did not do for Sam. All the Darnold stuff is water under the bridge now. It could and should have gone differently...but it didn’t. All the Cimini crying in the world isn’t undoing it.

No it isnt. But if Wilson isnt "the guy" alota folks are gona have some "splaining" to do

13 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

While i respect this take on things, what was the big trade that we were offered that was turned down by Joe Douglass ? 

6 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

No it isnt. But if Wilson isnt "the guy" alota folks are gona have some "splaining" to do

That’s true. I don’t have a lot of input as to who the pick is, and I’m assuming most of us on this site don’t either. I like Wilson and think he’s the goods but even if I didn’t, at this point what choice do we have? Either he succeeds or we flush another half decade down the drain. Let’s just hope JD is on the money with Wilson and can build around him successfully. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AlexVanDyke said:

He wanted to trade down and get a haul of picks. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

It’s hard to let go over your narrative especially since your narrative gives you clicks from a portion of the fan base. 

Once Sam is forgotten he’ll jump on the Wilson train to get more clicks. 

Every reporter is building an "I told you so" database just in case Sam figures things out in Carolina and Wilson is a bust.  If Sam is terrible, they will bash the Jets for drafting him. If Sam is great, they will bash them for trading him. It's a win/win situation for them now.

I think his stance is less pro Darnold and more pro the pick was super valuable and they should’ve moved it.

I don’t know if SF would’ve added more to their offer, as it stood it wasn’t enough to get to 2. But if they upped it I would’ve accepted.

Trade Darnold too. They probably could’ve gotten Fields or Lance at 6 and had a stockpile of picks.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, C Mart said:

He wanted to trade down and get a haul of picks. 

And yet in today’s column he said Douglas needs to use the #23 and #34 picks to trade up for a top #10 pick. A few months ago, he said the Jets should devote their entire draft to defensive players. I think 30 years of covering the Jets has warped his brain. 

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Few if any thinks its better for both Sam and Carolina and not the Jets.  There are plenty of reports amazed at 3 picks including a 2nd.  You keep taking an article by Batista when she said getting Darnold was good for their and turning it into they got the better of the deal

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

not the Carolina fans.

yeah they have some sam fans there. not as devoted as ours.

but a good majority on the forum i looked at. thats the one where they have the pie and the poo. btw wtf is wrong with these people. wouldn't a simple thumbs up or down do?

anyway most of them dont like it. the more they look into their new QB they dont like it. which is funny cause i thought everybody loved sam.

and the people outside this forum even the NFL experts didnt watch every game. every play like we did.

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

I think the plan is to win in the next 3-6 years and you need a QB on a rookie contract or early in the 1st extension.   
If they took the SF package for #2, built the team, snd went 8-8 then what do you do next year?   The qb’s coming out don’t look great and you are now stuck 2-3 years into the saleh tenure.   

I think the plan and view is that this is the ‘rebuild’ starting saleh’s first day and the Jets now have a 4-6 year window to win.