Fields is the answer, hes the next Russell Wilson or Mahomes

Wilson will not be a better QB than Fields. It truly pains me that we are going to draft this kid.

Look at these breakdowns of his games, not the HE’S THE NEXT MAHOMES videos.

https://youtu.be/glVUXaRy5PU

https://youtu.be/bz7C5YWpX7Y

https://twitter.com/DWyattHupton/status/1379150478609616900?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1379150478609616900|twgr^|twcon^s1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-431874134199508851.ampproject.net%2F2103261048002%2Fframe.html

i just hope Joe Douglas drafts Fields. I really like him as a GM but drafting Wilson may get him fired.

9 hours ago, cookiemonsta911 said:

I went back and studied his tape and he just has a good feel for the game.  He can fire long short and intermediate with accuracy and he scrambles to throw.  He's the answer mark my words.  Wilsons frame will not translate , I studied him more and wilson is not a natural player . Fields is the real deal . Douglas please him me out Fields will be a hall of fame. Wilson is a good kid , strong arm,  but a bad feel under pressure , bad frame .

Go back and look at the Northwestern game. Faced a defense with a plan, looked like a fish out of water. He's going to be facing that in the NFL every week.  Not at all sold on Wilson, but Fields has a lot of  Haskins in him. Also at a loss why Jones playing with superior athletes is a mark against him, Fields in a similar situation , not brought up at all.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

8 minutes ago, Jetty said:

Wilson will not be a better QB than Fields. It truly pains me that we are going to draft this kid.

https://twitter.com/DWyattHupton/status/1379150478609616900?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1379150478609616900|twgr^|twcon^s1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-431874134199508851.ampproject.net%2F2103261048002%2Fframe.html

i just hope Joe Douglas drafts Fields. I really like him as a GM but drafting Wilson may get him fired.

JT O has Wilson as QB2 in this draft.

• Upvote 1

fields has the better body type and more athletic ability but is a high risk high reward player-Joe is going the safer route with Wilson

If Joe's guy busts out Joe is toast-his future is tied to "his " qb-there are no more built in excuses for Joe now-his coach and it will be his QB and his roster.

3 hours ago, sec143dmf said:

His first read was open 90% of the time. When he actually has to move off he always took to long and most of the time took a sack for a loss. What tape are you guys watching?

Ummmmmm two things:

First that is the offense that Ohio State runs whereby the Q!B is asked to hit the first target available which his number one read.

Second, why in the world would you penalize a player for making and completing what was given to him!  That is PRECISELY what a QB should do,i.e., hit the open receiver. 

In addition, there is plenty of tape whereby he goes through progressions when needed and hits the appropriate target. Plenty!

Again, I saw the same crazy stuff done to Mahomes but for obviously different reasons, "throws from odd angles" , "looks for one guy" and on and on. 

Now do I have Fields rated as highly say I did Mahomes????  NOoooooo I do not.. Do I see flaws in his game? Yes, I do!!! Holds the ball in an odd tight way when going through reads which translates as sloe "processing" at times.  Ok so he need to be coached, so does EVERYONE!!!

But to act like this guy is a ONE YEAR wonder, who didn't PLAY the most demanding schedule in college football last year according to all objective measures (i.e.defenses) and then to act like Fields won't get better when he is an incredible athlete and smart enough to have been recruited by IVY LEAGUE teams is mind boggling to me.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, NOSIDE said:

I work with an orthopedic surgeon who played QB for OSU- he played with Joey Galloway, Terry Glenn, and Eddie George, etc. he has all the inside info on OSU- and he told me personally that Fields has a bad rep within the OSU circles and is considered a “Me first” kinda guy. He’s selfish and about himself. Follow that up with this Orlovsky Comment and it eliminates him in my mind. No matter how good his tape is.

Dan Orlovsky on the @PatMcAfeeShow show today had some interesting quotes that he’s getting from guys in the know.

“Last guy in, first guy out.”

“I’ve heard there are some questions with Justin Fields’ work ethic.”

“Where is his desire to be a great quarterback?”

10:41 AM · Mar 31, 2021

I cannot connect that last comment with the guy who got his ribs busted and went back in to throw a few more TDs against Clemson.  That guy has desire to be great.  I can't comment on the rest, but Fields went beyond where a lot of QBs would have or even could have that day.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

37 minutes ago, Jetty said:

I like JT but he had Fromm as his #3 QB last year and Herbert as his #8. I take all these videos as data to help paint a complete picture, but none of them should be treated as gospel.

8 hours ago, varjet said:

I think in three years Justin Fields will be the best pro.  If the 49ers take him they will go deep into the playoffs.  

Zach Wilson will spend half of his games injured.

Just my hunch. 

See I think that is just not true.  Wilson is bigger than Drew Brees, Russell Wilson and Baker Mayfield and about the same size as Aaron Rodgers.  Where do people get this stuff about him being injury prone?   I think more likely that Fields would be a great fit on the Jets playing in all kinds of weather and with his speed and elusiveness would make for a more dynamic threat.  Having said that Wilson is tailor made for the 49ers (Jets are great fit too btw).  The fact that the 49ers already have a pretty good team, be prepared to watch them be even better with Wilson (or Fields).  I  prefer Fields but stop shortchanging Wilson.   There is a legit reason he considered by so many to be the 2nd best and no worst than 3rd best quarterback in this draft

• Upvote 2

Had a long discussion with some fellow Jet fans about Fields this weekend.   We all want Fields over Wilson.  Also were surprised at how far Fields fell after a couple of less than stellar games.  That kid plays in a much tougher conference and seemns to have all the necessary gifts to be successful in the NFL.   

30 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

I think Fields or Wilson will both succeed with the right talent and coaching around them. I think Fields will have more ability to overcome  a subpar situation than Wilson will. And I think Fields is a bigger stronger kid. I am fine with either but I think Fields is the better choice 

And that is why I think he is the better choice for the Jets.  With his speed he can really keep defenses honest.  He is just a better all around athlete and while Wilson is bit better in pure quarterback skills, Fields is not far behind. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Aaron Hernandez said:

I've watched him and just don't like him. This has become a race issue like everything else.  I rather take Lance though, just not at 2. I think hes black also. I'm just not a fan

Edit: if he's half as good as either of those guys I'll appologize for my dumb oppinion

No, not here thanks. 

53 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Ummmmmm two things:

First that is the offense that Ohio State runs whereby the Q!B is asked to hit the first target available which his number one read.

Second, why in the world would you penalize a player for making and completing what was given to him!  That is PRECISELY what a QB should do,i.e., hit the open receiver. 

In addition, there is plenty of tape whereby he goes through progressions when needed and hits the appropriate target. Plenty!

Again, I saw the same crazy stuff done to Mahomes but for obviously different reasons, "throws from odd angles" , "looks for one guy" and on and on. 

Now do I have Fields rated as highly say I did Mahomes????  NOoooooo I do not.. Do I see flaws in his game? Yes, I do!!! Holds the ball in an odd tight way when going through reads which translates as sloe "processing" at times.  Ok so he need to be coached, so does EVERYONE!!!

But to act like this guy is a ONE YEAR wonder, who didn't PLAY the most demanding schedule in college football last year according to all objective measures (i.e.defenses) and then to act like Fields won't get better when he is an incredible athlete and smart enough to have been recruited by IVY LEAGUE teams is mind boggling to me.

Time will tell.  Either you will be correct or I will be.  I just know what I see and form my own opinion.  I feel strongly that he will be a bust. 

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

I love Fields but the pick has already been made. I do hope Fields proves people wrong I’ll be rooting for him (unless he ends up in  New England)

I’m still hoping some draft day trickery and SF ends up with Wilson and Jets end up with Fields and reasonable compensation for the 2/3 swap to make it happen/ 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, cookiemonsta911 said:

I hyped wilson before. But wilson has no frame and I don't think he is the answer any longer . I think he's baker Mayfield and I think fields is Seattle wilson . Fields is the better player .

What the heck does that mean?

OMG - if you guys continue to spew nonsense to say you don't' like Wilson it really is just proving how little you have to knock him.

5 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

The thing is , the Jets were never drafting Fields . This is such a moot  issue. If there were no Wilson, Sam would not have been traded. Multiple sources have confirmed that 

First I'm hearing this.  Can you or someone else please source?

13 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Had a long discussion with some fellow Jet fans about Fields this weekend.   We all want Fields over Wilson.  Also were surprised at how far Fields fell after a couple of less than stellar games.  That kid plays in a much tougher conference and seemns to have all the necessary gifts to be successful in the NFL.   

How many OSU QB's have won a Bowl?? BYU has 2 and counting.. You can say that about USC also..

Alabama, Clemson, and Ohio State are the elite programs of college football, but none of those three schools is king of producing quarterbacks who find success on the NFL's biggest stage: the Super Bowl. 

16 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I’m still hoping some draft day trickery and SF ends up with Wilson and Jets end up with Fields and reasonable compensation for the 2/3 swap to make it happen/ 

It's going to be Wilson and there's a reason Wilson is pretty much (outside of JetNation) recognized as the #2 QB prospect.

18 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

What the heck does that mean?

OMG - if you guys continue to spew nonsense to say you don't' like Wilson it really is just proving how little you have to knock him.

@FidelioJet will be to Zach Wilson what @HelenOfTroy was to Sam Darnold in his the first couple season with the Jets. 

11 hours ago, cookiemonsta911 said:

I hyped wilson before. But wilson has no frame and I don't think he is the answer any longer . I think he's baker Mayfield and I think fields is Seattle wilson . Fields is the better player .

Have you looked at Aaron Rodgers frame??

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

I'm just going to say this. Wilson's frame scares the crap out of me. Does anyone e recall how Darnold was rag dolled on some sacks and got injured from them. Can you imagine Wilson being that guy? He would break in half. 

What's the point here?

That because Darnold got hurt, who is a big guy - that means Wilson will also get hurt because he's 10 pounds lighter and an inch shorter.

There is NO correlation between size and injury in NFL QB's.  

There is, although, direct correlation between running QB's and injury.  Fields is FAAAAR more likely to be injured than Wilson.  That's what the data supports and that's the reality,.

• Upvote 1