Fields is the answer, hes the next Russell Wilson or Mahomes

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It's going to be Wilson and there's a reason Wilson is pretty much (outside of JetNation) recognized as the #2 QB prospect.

I know. But, I just think he would fair better in SF and we would do better with  Fields. Don’t really have a reason except It’s what I think. Kind of the brawler vs the boxer type thing. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I know. But, I just think he would fair better in SF and we would do better with  Fields. Don’t really have a reason except It’s what I think. Kind of the brawler vs the boxer type thing. 

Aren't we going to run an offense like SF's?

Just now, DJF71 said:

Have you looked at Aaron Rodgers frame??

Or Tom Brady for that matter

Or Trevor Lawrence, who's literally lighter yet taller than Wilson (what does that say about his "frame")

Or the fact that Fields is a running QB which makes him far more likely to be injured

The size argument went out the window, when he came in at Aaron Rodgers specs - making him middle of the pack size..

So we moved to a nonsense term like "frame" to stick with the same dumb narrative.  Don't like his game, that's fine but stop with the size stupidity.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

28 minutes ago, sec143dmf said:

Time will tell.  Either you will be correct or I will be.  I just know what I see and form my own opinion.  I feel strongly that he will be a bust. 

And how'd you feel about Pat Mahomes? Deshaun Watson? Sam Darnold? Baker Mayfield?

Let me know how you did on those projections....Actually, don't bother - I know the answer, everyone knows the answer..

Point is you may not like a player - but this matter of fact nonsense I'm hearing from everyone around here is just insane, sorry it's not you - it's just the overall mindset here...

Wilson has an elite QB level talent - that is a fact, it is inarguable.  You can not like him for some reason - something about his game that worries you.  I have no problem with that....

But stop with this idea that you know exactly what's going happen, based on whatever knowledge you might have.(and this isn't really meant just for you) 

Have you watched all of Wilson's games? his throws?  How much of him have you watched?

I can tell you JD, Chris Simms and MANY others have watched every throw this kid made over the past three years..likely hundreds of times, spoken with dozens of people that know him, interviewed him over 10 times and seen him live throw the ball.  And they came away thinking he's the best QB in the draft.

My understanding is Wilson is actually #1 on their board.

Again, I have no idea if he's going to be a success or not - so many variables have to go into this - but he has ALL of the tools to be successful  - All of them..

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I've watched him and just don't like him. This has become a race issue like everything else.  I rather take Lance though, just not at 2. I think hes black also. I'm just not a fan

Edit: if he's half as good as either of those guys I'll appologize for my dumb oppinion
What does race have to do with this? You are the only one that brought it up

Sent from the NY Jets Draft Suicide Watch desk.

15 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I think in year 1 that is probably correct.  I like Fields, I'm not an anti-fields guy and have stated many times, if after the Jets did their research came away thinking Fields was the better choice I would be all in on him.  

That just happens to not be the case...

Additionally, I've stated many times here that I like Fields and believe he's likely to have a better rookie year.  Mostly because he can run.  Running QB's will have an easier time adapting as they can steal first downs, take pressure of themselves by taking off...And of course SF is a better team (although I really think SF is taking Jones)

We don't want Wilson running.  He's going to have to do it all through the air - which will take more time.

Eventually the running QB's can only do so much though.  IMO Wilson will surpass him as a player.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

And how'd you feel about Pat Mahomes? Deshaun Watson? Sam Darnold? Baker Mayfield?

Let me know how you did on those projections....Actually, don't bother - I know the answer, everyone knows the answer..

Point is you may not like a player - but this matter of fact nonsense I'm hearing from everyone around here is just insane, sorry it's not you - it's just the overall mindset here...

Wilson has an elite QB level talent - that is a fact, it is inarguable.  You can not like him for some reason - something about his game that worries you.  I have no problem with that....

But stop with this idea that you know exactly what's going happen, based on whatever knowledge you might have.(and this isn't really meant just for you) 

Have you watched all of Wilson's games? his throws?  How much of him have you watched?

I can tell you JD, Chris Simms and MANY others have watched every throw this kid made over the past three years..likely hundreds of times, spoken with dozens of people that know him, interviewed him over 10 times and seen him live throw the ball.  And they came away thinking he's the best QB in the draft.

Again, I have no idea if he's going to be a success or not - so many variables have to go into this - but he has ALL of the tools to be successful  - All of them..

So you haven't read my posts.  I am all on board for drafting Wilson.  I like his game.  It is Fields were I see bad traits that worry me and makes me not want the jets to draft him.  This thread is saying "Fields is the answer" to which I disagree so I believe we actually agree here but like you said no one on this site is an expert.  I played the game for may years and have my knowledge from that but I am just a fan with an opinion like everyone else. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

You’re not even talking about the same QB. 

This place is toxic. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I think in year 1 that is probably correct.  I like Fields, I'm not an anti-fields guy and have stated many times, if after the Jets did their research came away thinking Fields was the better choice I would be all in on him.  

That just happens to not be the case...

Additionally, I've stated many times here that I like Fields and believe he's likely to have a better rookie year.  Mostly because he can run.  Running QB's will have an easier time adapting as they can steal first downs, take pressure of themselves by taking off...And of course SF is a better team (although I really think SF is taking Jones)

We don't want Wilson running.  He's going to have to do it all through the air - which will take more time.

Eventually the running QB's can only do so much though.  IMO Wilson will surpass him as a player.

Nothing I can disagree with there. Well put Fido. 

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Wilson’s has tight form like the boxer though. I think they’re both boxers. Ones faster, one attacks from unexpected angles.

I see Wilson as the boxer and Fields as a brawler. Fields size, speed allows him to ad adlib with his legs using his physical gifts if his technique fails him. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, sec143dmf said:

So you haven't read my posts.  I am all on board for drafting Wilson.  I like his game.  It is Fields were I see bad traits that worry me and makes me not want the jets to draft him.  This thread is saying "Fields is the answer" to which I disagree so I believe we actually agree here but like you said no one on this site is an expert.  I played the game for may years and have my knowledge from that but I am just a fan with an opinion like everyone else. 

Sorry, my fault then!

:-)

12 hours ago, cookiemonsta911 said:

I think fields is getting screwed cause sermon got hurt vs alabama. Any qb that can throw accurately like fields to all quadrants of the field translates to the nfl . Not only that , but fields has the highest ceiling too. His accuracy and arm talent are not coachable .  He is just a natural player and he will be a better pro than college player .

Problem is his reading through progressions and decision making. If much of that translates to the NFL for Fields he will then get into too many scenarios where both pre and post snap he will not process information quickly enough then resulting into to many plays being off script resulting in mistaking much of the time. That is what occurred with Darnold. He had great arm strength and running ability to make throws all over the field, but in 3 years it never translated to consistency. We all keep thinking you can fix these things, but we have seen it on our team time and time again with Sanchez, Geno, then Darnold where all you could do is make them a game manager with a whole great team around them and you may get to the Conference title level like Sanchez, but once there or the SB you most of the time need the QB to make plays and not just manage the game. That is what worries me about Fields is this can occur with him and he had a great team around him in college that we cannot expect on the Jets all the time as we have seen. I read one quote saying it was easier for Fields to go as far as he did against the competition with the team Fields had as opposed to it being harder for Wilson to accomplish what he did this last year against much lesser competition but no where near as good a team he had in BYU. There is a good amount of validity to that.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, undertow said:

They are taking Wilson it's not even worth debating anymore....I can now move on to being annoyed by people who want to take cornerbacks and pass rushers with our top picks instead of supporting our your QB......again. lol

Literally, this is actually mind boggling to me.

After what we've been through - there's still a good portion of this board advocating taking a CB or Edge with #23.  It's insane.

As far as I'm concerned Day 1 and Day 2 should be entirely offense...

Have at it with defense after that...

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

What's the point here?

That because Darnold got hurt, who is a big guy - that means Wilson will also get hurt because he's 10 pounds lighter and an inch shorter.

There is NO correlation between size and injury in NFL QB's.  

There is, although, direct correlation between running QB's and injury.  Fields is FAAAAR more likely to be injured than Wilson.  That's what the data supports and that's the reality,.

Yeah,  no problem. Wilson has all the attributes  of an NFL iron man

Just now, More Cowbell said:

Yeah,  no problem. Wilson has all the attributes  of an NFL iron man

I just want someone to show me that the smaller NFL QB's are injured more often or more severely than the larger ones.

It's just that this narrative keeps getting stated here - seems to be the major reason people don't like him.  From what I can tell there's no data that points to this being a true concern, only in the minds of Jet fans. 

No one says he's an iron man, simply based on the data there's no reason to think he's more likely to be injured than anyone else.

9 hours ago, The Crusher said:

No, not here thanks. 

I've seen criticism of him being listed as racist. Like with ESPN. I actually just don't like the tape. I was trying to be sensitive and avoid that but I'm an idiot unintentionally and shoot myself in the foot like 6 times a day. Like I said, I'm willing to eat crow if he turns out to be a stud. I have nothing against him beyond us picking at #2

20 hours ago, cookiemonsta911 said:

I went back and studied his tape and he just has a good feel for the game.  He can fire long short and intermediate with accuracy and he scrambles to throw.  He's the answer mark my words.  Wilsons frame will not translate , I studied him more and wilson is not a natural player . Fields is the real deal . Douglas please him me out Fields will be a hall of fame. Wilson is a good kid , strong arm,  but a bad feel under pressure , bad frame .

Justin you need to move on.

2 minutes ago, Aaron Hernandez said:

I've seen criticism of him being listed as racist. Like with ESPN. I actually just don't like the tape. I was trying to be sensitive and avoid that but I'm an idiot unintentionally and shoot myself in the foot like 6 times a day. Like I said, I'm willing to eat crow if he turns out to be a stud. I have nothing against him beyond us picking at #2

Ok Aaron, appreciate the explanation. Please don’t kill me. 

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Aaron Hernandez said:

Maybe change your name to Plaxico Buress, then?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Man when people get a glimpse of what a train wreck this guy is under pressure in the NFL we're gonna look back at this and laugh.

I'm hoping so much he starts this season because it will be nothing if not entertaining.  

Weirdly enough he ranks second in Qb rating under pressure.

But you obviously have seen something that others haven't.