Schrager 1.0/ Jets taking Rondale Moore at 23

From these breakdowns Rondale Moore sounds like a "Tyreek Hill type" with
hopefully no off field issues:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/rondale-moore/32004d4f-4f67-2093-7b5b-808e901606a0
https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/news/purdue-wide-receiver-rondale-moore-pro-day-reaction

Hill is just a step above all IMO. I would say think more like Tyler Lockett. Like them both though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, football guy said:

There’s going to be some hot debates inside One Florham Park these next 2 weeks. People on the coaching staff loves the Kadarius Toney and Rondale Moore. Moore would shock in round 1. I think he’d potentially be an option late Rd. 2-3, but even then I’m not so sure. 

Comparing those two is like comparing Calvin Johnson with Kelvin Benjamin. Personally, if Joe and his people are struggling with that one, they have bigger issues. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, football guy said:

There’s going to be some hot debates inside One Florham Park these next 2 weeks. People on the coaching staff loves the Kadarius Toney and Rondale Moore. Moore would shock in round 1. I think he’d potentially be an option late Rd. 2-3, but even then I’m not so sure. 

So they like them butbwant to take them later, not at 23?

• Upvote 1

Someone who can create from underneath would be handy IMO, not to mention the run action threat value.

On one hand I think they can get him at 34, on the other Reagor and even Ruggs got pushed up last year due to their explosiveness.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

For what it’s worth, IOL is one of the deepest positions in this class and #23 would be a poor use of draft capital at OG/C... 

I don;t like this strategy at all.

A position is deep in a position group we desperately need to upgrade so lets not take the best players in that position.

It begs for double dipping  (like we should have done last year at WR)

Lets pick Chad Jackson instead of Nick Mangold because oline is deep. <--- Dickhead exaggerated comment but still.......

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

For what it’s worth, IOL is one of the deepest positions in this class and #23 would be a poor use of draft capital at OG/C... 

if the jets go OL at 23 it’s for a RT not a G, but i can see them tempted by toney in particular at 23, since as you said they can address IOL at 34.

2 hours ago, football guy said:

Moore has his injury history but would prefer him over Toney any day. Moore’s break out age was freshman year while it took Toney until senior year with Pitts taking attention from defenses

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

A position is deep in a position group we desperately need to upgrade so lets not take the best players in that position.

Lets pick Chad Jackson instead of Nick Mangold because oline is deep. <--- Dickhead exaggerated comment but still.......

I'm with ya. I get the logic, but that's a position where we need a top level starter right away. Let's not F around and wait. Go get one of the best ones. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

i agree with you completely, just hard to dispute info that football guy gave about their interest in trading up for OL. I don’t feel like we should be trading up for anything other than if smith somehow falls outside the top 15, but even then, there is so much good value in the 2-3 rounds this year it would kill me to give any of those up. 

2 hours ago, football guy said:

I don't see Moore last late second much less third but if he did he would be a definite steal. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

You do realize that we also have the 34th pick right?  There will be plenty of quality IOL around 10 picks later.  In fact I would hope we pick another OL in the 3rd or even 4th rounds but we can get a starter quality OG at 34.   My only caveat is if Creed Humphrey is there at 23, I might have to take him.  We put him at C, move McGovern to G and fix two positions with one draft pick...  Otherwise, Wyatt Davis at 34 or a similar graded OG works for me. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JetBlue said:

You do realize that we also have the 34th pick right?  There will be plenty of quality IOL around 10 picks later.  In fact I would hope we pick another OL in the 3rd or even 4th rounds but we can get a starter quality OG at 34.   My only caveat is if Creed Humphrey is there at 23, I might have to take him.  We put him at C, move McGovern to G and fix two positions with one draft pick...  Otherwise, Wyatt Davis at 34 or a similar graded OG works for me. 

Yeah and we have 2 3rd rounders so why not put off the position group we have neglected for a decade until the 3rd and get a chum edoga or cam clarke. 

• Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Theres been a huge debate that the Jets shouldn't draft a Franchise QB because we're not ready to protect him. 

We have Jamison Crowder. Passing up on a Olineman(Jenkins/AVT/Humphrey) for a Slot guy would be an absolutely horrific mistake. 

I think more so for Humphreys because he can play Center and Guard and Move McGovern to G.    I truly believe we can find similar quality to Jenkins and AVT at 34, but they go that route I totally understand it.  Also for the record Moore is not "slot guy" he is all purpose weapon with blazing speed and quickness that can be used all over the field (including hte slot) and on special teams.   He is the kind of "difference maker" every team wants.   

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Yeah and we hvae 2 3rd rounders so why not put off the position group we have neglected for a decade until the 3rd and get a chum edoga or cam clarke. 

Well I did say take one at 34 or did you just skip over that part??? 

34 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

if the jets go OL at 23 it’s for a RT not a G, but i can see them tempted by toney in particular at 23, since as you said they can address IOL at 34.

Kill two birds with one stone. Take Jenkins at 23 to play G in 2021 and RT in 2022. 

• Upvote 3

55 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I'm just saying, there's a cacophony of good prospects who can play guard and center and you'll find them throughout day 2... If we draft an OG at #23, you're not getting your money's worth. 

46 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Agreed, i could see a tackle there if they were rated high enough. Also, no one's getting tempted by Toney at #23

29 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

i agree with you completely, just hard to dispute info that football guy gave about their interest in trading up for OL. I don’t feel like we should be trading up for anything other than if smith somehow falls outside the top 15, but even then, there is so much good value in the 2-3 rounds this year it would kill me to give any of those up. 

I don't know who FG talks to, but it's not from JD's lips to his ears. I'm sure there's a variety of scenarios being explored; eg trade threshold for Waddle (if falls to spot X - we make a move)... same with AVT etc Personally i don't think we should be trading up for anyone, and I don't think Joe will.... 3 of positions we're short on (IOL, DBs, DE) will be in heavy supply on day 2... i'd rather trade back then up. 

The two WRs we were least linked to, were Davis and Cole.... the two WRs we signed, were Davis and Cole. Safe to say JD has his own agenda he doesn't share. I would assume the same for draft rumors. 

• Upvote 4