OT: Former NFL player shoots 5 dead, kills himself

On 4/8/2021 at 10:16 PM, Warfish said:

How many people died of heart disease and other causes related to obesity?

Don't think I saw any stories about them either, and it's alot more than 29.  Alot.

At least this was a covered story.  And we have a thread about it. /shrug.

Personally, I'd happily vote to repeal the 2nd Amendment, so I guess you're preaching to the choir.

When was the last time a 6 yr old died from obesity?

• Upvote 2

On 4/8/2021 at 10:30 PM, Peace Frog said:

There’s a reason why it wasn’t a top story. 

Same reason why someone smashing their car into to the Capitol Building barricade killing a cop wasn’t a top story.  

Same reason why someone gunning down several people in one city was a top story but someone gunning down several people in another city literally a week later was not a top story. 

The national media is carrying a narrative that if the victims or perpetrator doesn’t fit that narrative it’s crickets, but if the victims or perpetrator fits that  narrative, it’s national news for weeks or months. 

Please explain. Not following. 

On 4/8/2021 at 10:59 PM, CTM said:

ehh, not to get political but dc corruption  + and the food business kinda did that all these years. High fructose corn syrup is right up there with dirtsticks

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-diet-farm-subsidies/foods-from-subsidized-commodities-tied-to-obesity-idUSKCN0ZL2ER

I mean sure, but we both know that has nothing to do with the Fist’s odd deflection attempt.