Zach wilson small hands/ arms correlates bad and seen in small frame on highlights

cookiemonsta911

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

I get the hand size thing in principle, and while 9.5” isn’t great, I think it’s fine (about average for NFL QBs IIRC).

I have never heard of any correlation between arm length and the success of a quarterback.

This is where I am at. 

I can't imagine why arm length really matters unless you are literally talking about a Tyrannosaurus Rex suiting up in green and white - and in that case, we should have a pretty damn good running game. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, cookiemonsta911 said:

Z Wilson 30 inch arms and 9.5 inch hands is Mayfield territory. This will lead to fumbles , injuries and inability to throw horizontally. 

30 inch arms - if that is an accurate measurement - are indeed short for a man his height.  And the attributes that you cannot teach DO matter since they project your upside.  Short arms impact fumbles.  So do small hands, however . . .

But 9.5 inch hands are NOT small.  In fact, I suspect - if those are accurate measurements - that 9.5 inches would put him in the top half of NFL starting QBs.  If not the top 1/3.  I am glad to hear his hands are that big.  Hand size is important for QBs (and for the NFL in general). 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, cookiemonsta911 said:

You do realize Baker had a really good season?  Had a rookie season to envy?  

That there is absolutely no reason on earth arm size would change anything, Wilson has a stronger arm than most QBs.

1 minute ago, GreekJet said:

Cookie Monster makes some good. It’s one thing to have small hands but long arms. But small hands and short arms?

Someone makes a mindless correlation to arm length and playing QB

You agree

Why am I not shocked?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Justin Fields, the guy you’re raving about to be the next Russell Wilson, has a hand size of 9 1/8.

45E6F3E4-1482-480D-9363-F670ECA4900A.thumb.jpeg.18fa6109b75b4c9e5e731abd4d1c7542.jpeg

does that also mean he will be susceptible to fumbling the football?

That's why hes doing a second pro day... so we can grow his hands more.........

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

My hands are 9 7/8” and I’m not afraid to run a 40 in front of potential employers

I see that fishermans ruler your mom got to back in the 80's to address other , uhh, deficiences is still paying dividends

71mjXy9%2BFsL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, dbatesman said:

I get the hand size thing in principle, and while 9.5” isn’t great, I think it’s fine (about average for NFL QBs IIRC).

I have never heard of any correlation between arm length and the success of a quarterback.

Oh yeah? Well how's he supposed to hug an airplane, smart guy?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.