Zach wilson small hands/ arms correlates bad and seen in small frame on highlights

On 4/8/2021 at 10:53 AM, cookiemonsta911 said:

Z Wilson 30 inch arms and 9.5 inch hands is Mayfield territory. This will lead to fumbles , injuries and inability to throw horizontally. 

Brady 32.75 inch arms, 9.38 inch hands. Hasn't fumbled much. 

Peyton Manning: 31.5 / 10

Faaarve:  31 / 10.3

Sammy Darnold

Sanchez:  33.5 / 10.5.  He rarely fumbled...off the field. 

Where’s the correlation?

image.jpeg.114a4820b71904b5ffcf3046b71757eb.jpeg

Oh and this below suggests smaller hand QB fumbled less than the bigger hand QBs. 
image.thumb.png.55d264e59edbaad4aeb96ceb42a3b809.png

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Justin Fields, the guy you’re raving about to be the next Russell Wilson, has a hand size of 9 1/8.   does that also mean he will be susceptible to fumbling the football?

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/zach-wilson/32005749-4c82-7119-d27e-724ec33f130b Hand and arm size of baker mayfields.  https://www.nfl.com/prospects/baker-mayfield/32004d41-5948-3453-e6ac-1ecff99f

Can't wait for the dick size thread

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, bitonti said:

There's a stat 65% of first Rd tackles become starters or better (pro bowl all pro etc)

But we can say the same thing for only 45% of first Rd qbs 

Taking these individuals out of the equation, the ot1 is always going to be safer than qb2

You're not wrong but a QB is way more important and worth the swing. 

41 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Tackles don't win SBs.

QBs win SBs.  Other than Ogden and Pace, none of the greatest Tackles in the last 20-30 years won a SB.  Ogden won because of that defense and Pace was all Warner.  

Anthony Munoz, Joe Thomas, Walter Jones, Tony Boselli, Wille Roaf, Tyron Smith, none of them.  

This past super bowl was a story about Tom Brady in a clean jersey and running game while Mahomes ran for his life 

The better offensive line won the day 

• Upvote 3
On 4/8/2021 at 11:53 AM, cookiemonsta911 said:

Z Wilson 30 inch arms and 9.5 inch hands is Mayfield territory. This will lead to fumbles , injuries and inability to throw horizontally. 

You mean like Drew Brees right?

• Haha 1
On 4/8/2021 at 11:53 AM, cookiemonsta911 said:

Obviously a Niners fan

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

yes his film looks impressive 

what's unimpressive is who that film is against  

the most elite quality about Zach Wilson is his PR machine and agents 

no one's done more to raise their draft stock with less actual evidence 

Bored Bugs Bunny GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 1
40 minutes ago, bitonti said:

This past super bowl was a story about Tom Brady in a clean jersey and running game while Mahomes ran for his life 

The better offensive line won the day 

The defense won the day.

Besides, we can't play two left tackles on the left side, I think that would be an illegal formation.  And probably 12 men on the field.  

On 4/8/2021 at 1:51 PM, GreekJet said:

Cookie Monster makes some good. It’s one thing to have small hands but long arms. But small hands and short arms?

GreekJet supporting cookiemonsta is the joining of forces this message board needed.

• Haha 2
On 4/9/2021 at 1:28 PM, bitonti said:

yes his film looks impressive 

what's unimpressive is who that film is against  

JD had Saleh-LaFleur-Knapp-Calabrese do individual film study of the five top QBs.  Then each gave their analysis of those QBs.  After that the entire group watched the same clips together.   And came to a consensus that narrowed it down to their top two QB prospects.  

This isn't PR...this is a well planned out process that was carried out.

Bit...I know your argument about strength of schedule is valid to some extent.  And I can't imagine that this point...as well as many others... wasn't thoroughly discussed as part of the many hours and days that they devoted to this very important QB evaluations that they've made.  

JD-Saleh-Etc  have definitely put their reputations on the line with the Darnold trade and the Zach Wilson commitment.

I understand the anxiety and paranoia that pervades many Jets fans over this decision.   Especially for a long time devoted bathroom attendant like yourself.  But it's time now to let it play out and hope Jets Brain Trust has got this one right.  

• Upvote 3
On 4/9/2021 at 2:28 PM, bitonti said:

The Mormon Jamal Adams. 

10 hours ago, GreenReaper said:

I understand the anxiety and paranoia that pervades many Jets fans over this decision.   Especially for a long time devoted bathroom attendant like yourself.  But it's time now to let it play out and hope Jets Brain Trust has got this one right.  

I'm a Jets fan for 40 years. They won 2 games last year. Hoping they got it right is not on the agenda 

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

I'm a Jets fan for 40 years. They won 2 games last year. Hoping they got it right is not on the agenda 

Ok.  Hang in there...don't do anything rash to yourself🤒

6 minutes ago, GreenReaper said:

Ok.  Hang in there...don't do anything rash to yourself🤒

Dude I don't have any expectations I'm dead inside 

more worried about you 

Still trying to figure out why there are 7 pages discussing the difference between 30 inch arms compared to say 31 for Favre will make a difference.   

Real question with all of this, how come Wilson has the best arm of all the QB in this draft, the best accuracy?  

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Still trying to figure out why there are 7 pages discussing the difference between 30 inch arms compared to say 31 for Favre will make a difference.   

Real question with all of this, how come Wilson has the best arm of all the QB in this draft, the best accuracy?  

His beautiful throws were against slow as balls DBs playing for nothing programs?

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

more worried about you 

Well when the brain went it's logical that the body would follow..

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
41 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

His beautiful throws were against slow as balls DBs playing for nothing programs?

So why weren’t there any other QBs in his conference who could make the same throws? Why aren’t there any QBs from small schools getting this much acclaim for their throws? 

Fumble rate vs hand size has to  be one of the very silliest things I've seen stat wise.

There are probably a half dozen more important factors as to why a guy fumbles or does not fumble than hand size.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Fumble rate vs hand size has to  be one of the very silliest things I've seen stat wise.

There are probably a half dozen more important factors as to why a guy fumbles or does not fumble than hand size.

Number 1:  Deflated footballs.

• Upvote 2
10 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Number 1:  Deflated footballs.

If you look back on the biggest area of domination by the pats in the AFC east in their glory days it was turnovers.

I did the stats a few years back and the difference in turnover ratio between them and the rest of the teams in afc east was beyond absurd.

• Post of the Week 2
On 4/8/2021 at 12:13 PM, varjet said:

The Panthers effectively just committed $23mm over 2 years for Darnold, flaws and all.

The Jets to stumble into this number 2 pick, I don't see the downside to taking whoever they think can work best.  They will commit $40mm/4 years and have the ability to trade Wilson if it does not work out and recover some of that.  They just have to pick a QB and run with him.

What is bad is when you trade lots of other picks, and use up your cap space, for a QB who is no good.  The Jets dodged a bullet with Watson.

If Wilson turns out to be a bust then it'll be another GM who trades him and we'll receive very little trade value in return. It's been said many times here that this is JD's defining move.

I do agree that the Watson trade would have been very foolish.

On 4/8/2021 at 12:12 PM, dbatesman said:

I mean it’s below average for NFL QBs, but yeah, great is the word I was thinking of

69D668F8-752B-4DE4-9E3F-45ECB604995C.thumb.jpeg.d71fe4a5e4d346252e1f30ce564e372a.jpeg

I think I'm confused how to read this. 9 1/2 would put him in the 45%tile. Are they only grading good QBs? Are there no bad QBs with 9 1/2 inch hands? It would appear this chart is grading all QBs regardless of skill level which probably won't give us great results.

28 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I think I'm confused how to read this. 9 1/2 would put him in the 45%tile. Are they only grading good QBs? Are there no bad QBs with 9 1/2 inch hands? It would appear this chart is grading all QBs regardless of skill level which probably won't give us great results.

Relative to being 6-2 having 9.5 inch hands is great.

4 hours ago, bitonti said:

more worried about you 

2021 bitonti is the best bitonti. He's become Richard Dreyfuss in Down and Out in Beverly Hills where he just says **** it and gets wasted with vagrants in Venice. 

On 4/9/2021 at 2:41 PM, bitonti said:

usually the QBs from small schools go to the Senior Bowl and prove it vs SEC and ACC type of athletes

or they go to the combine like Big Ben and Josh Allen and break the radar gun 

Wilson did neither 

his scouting report is based on hopes and dreams and film from the Idaho Potato Bowl 

that's not a joke. His freshman year he went to the idaho potato bowl. Yay? 

hey man it is what it is, they are going to take this kid, but it's a faith-based pick not evidence-based 

they are using this film vs no ones and extrapolating it out 

it better work out for JD because if he misses, they won't let him take another swing this big 

Sure they will. Gase lasted far longer than he should have. Even if Wilson craps out, JD isn’t getting canned for a while.

54 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

Relative to being 6-2 having 9.5 inch hands is great.

Yea that's kinda what I was thinking haha some of these graphics don't appear to make much sense without context

On 4/9/2021 at 2:48 PM, bitonti said:

When a player comes from nowhere like Joe Flacco Delaware or Carson Wentz North Dakota it eases the mind of scouts to see guys do it vs legit competition 

Here's a question for you and all the Zach Wilson fans

where's his signature win? you love his film? what film is the best? 

his film against power 5 schools is crap and his great film is against crap foes. 

JD's golden rule is to watch the QB running around in shorts playing catch with his friends. He has to stand on the field and watch the ball come out of the QB prospect's hands.

Never mind the game film. JD had better be right.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.