JT O’Sullivan interview on Wilson

QB1

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

If I'm a niners fan, I'd be very excited to take Fields or Lance. 

If they took Jones, I'd be pissed because there is no way they had to trade all the way up to #3 to get Jones. (and I'm not saying Jones won't be great - I have no idea)

I actually really like Jones, and think he will be a very good pro.

But I'd go nuts if my team traded 2 future #1s and more to trade up for him.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

If they took Jones, I'd be pissed because there is no way they had to trade all the way up to #3 to get Jones. (and I'm not saying Jones won't be great - I have no idea)

I'd be exited if we took Lance. Not at #2. At #4 or #5. For sure. He'd sit for the season, though.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

3 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

I actually really like Jones, and think he will be a very good pro.

But I'd go nuts if my team traded 2 future #1s and more to trade up for him.

They could have made the deal Miami made with Philly to move from 12 to 6 and saved a first rounder. Puzzling.

• Upvote 4

JT isn't as high on Wilson. Watched his QB school analysis and his prevailing thought is that Wilson plays too fast and misses reads which doesn't really bode well behind the Jets OLine coming from BYU where he rarely got pressured.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 2

10 minutes ago, Welp said:

JT isn't as high on Wilson. Watched his QB school analysis and his prevailing thought is that Wilson plays too fast and misses reads which doesn't really bode well behind the Jets OLine coming from BYU where he rarely got pressured.

Really? Maybe im wrong, but it didn’t sound like that. I just listened to this interview w/ JT & when said what he likes most about Wilson. He said he liked a lot of things about him - but what he’s most jealous of as a former QB is the way he spins it. Said he has really clean and consistent upper body mechanics. Has the ability to make all the throws, inside the pocket, outside the pocket, anticipation throws, everything. 

I don’t dispute he said anything of that other stuff but he sounds like he’s high on him.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Really? Maybe im wrong, but it didn’t sound like that. I just listened to this interview w/ JT & when said what he likes most about Wilson. He said he liked a lot of things about him - but what he’s most jealous of as a former QB is the way he spins it. Said he has really clean and consistent upper body mechanics. Has the ability to make all the throws, inside the pocket, outside the pocket, anticipation throws, everything. 

I don’t dispute he said anything of that other stuff but he sounds like he’s high on him.

Saying he isn't as high on him is more to the fact that I feel that JT doesn't think Wilson is ranked behind Lawrence the way most analysts are thinking. He loves the physical attributes of Wilson but questions some of his in game decision making. Basically a very similar assessment of what people have had here with Darnold.

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Except his mechanics & decision making right?

Bro, I'm telling you. The guy whose biggest flaws were turnovers and mechanics is JUST LIKE the guy with 3 interceptions that throws the football like a Butterfly. They both throw into double coverage sometimes which is so against the grain compared to other college QB's. This alone makes them literally clones!

30 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

he has a video titled "zach wilson, what am i missing" and released an aprils fools video where he ranked Wilson #1

At the end of the day these are kids so most decent folk are going to talk about positives for any of these guys

1 minute ago, CTM said:

he has a video titled "zach wilson, what am i missing" and released an aprils fools video where he ranked Wilson #1

At the end of the day these are kids so most decent folk are going to talk about positives for any of these guys

That was one of about 6 videos. You should check out the rest.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Welp said:

Saying he isn't as high on him is more to the fact that I feel that JT doesn't think Wilson is ranked behind Lawrence the way most analysts are thinking. He loves the physical attributes of Wilson but questions some of his in game decision making. Basically a very similar assessment of what people have had here with Darnold.

O'Sullivan likes Wilson. He just doesn't see the Mahomes/ Rodgers Pt.2 that people hype up which is why he says he's "missing something".

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

That was one of about 6 videos. You should check out the rest.

I saw a few of them. I don't think he's very high on him.

Truthfully I don't know what his track record is and can give **** all but he certainly points out some sigificant issues

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

I saw a few of them. I don't think he's very high on him.

Truthfully I don't know what his track record is and can give **** all but he certainly points out some sigificant issues

He says himself that his scouting is incomplete because teams can test him on the whiteboard and ask him what he sees. He can only go by the game tape. Something @football guy said was that he impressed the Jets on the whiteboard and his understanding of the game.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Grandy said:

O'Sullivan likes Wilson. He just doesn't see the Mahomes/ Rodgers Pt.2 that people hype up which is why he says he's "missing something".

Not sure where he said that, in this interview he says Wilson has that level of throwing ability 

• Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, CTM said:

Well that puts it in better perspective for me lol.

i thought he was fair though.

3 minutes ago, fullblast said:

1. Justin Fields

2. Trevor Lawrence

3. Zach Wilson

4. Trey Lance

5. Kellen Mond/Mac Jones (with Mond slightly ahead)

Says "you can't go wrong with any of the top 3". Doesn't sound to me like someone who's down on Wilson.

Fields no1 says all I need to know.

30 minutes ago, QB1 said:

Eh he’s trying to pump up his YouTube brand with the Justin fields race card thing IMO 

I disagree with that assessment. 

The reality that Mac Jones has a DUI that's never spoken about and Justin Fields has his work ethic questioned certainly makes you wonder.

I don't know what's in people's minds. And I haven't studied either prospect well enough to speak about either of those accusations. 

We only know that one was a rumor, and became a big story, and the other is a known fact, and a non-story. 

I think it's fair to speculate why. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

The reality that Mac Jones has a DUI that's never spoken about and Justin Fields has his work ethic questioned certainly makes you wonder.

I don't know what's in people's minds. And I haven't studied either prospect well enough to speak about either of those accusations. 

We only know that one was a rumor, and became a big story, and the other is a known fact, and a non-story. 

I don’t disagree that it is BS that Mac Jones dui is never spoken about, I also don’t think we should cancel Mac Jones (Or anyone) because he’s made some mistakes 

But Mac Jones getting a dui has nothing to do With fields potentially having personality or worth ethic issues, both things can be true at the same time. It’s gotten to the point where any criticism of fields is considered racist which is abusrd. 

if evaluators are so racist why did tua go before Herbert and why did Kyler Murray go #1 overall?

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

This 

Bro I found out about the Mac Jones DUI stuff literally 2 DAYS AGO!

No lie definitely something very funny about that, I couldn’t imagine what would be said if it was Justin with the DUI

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

4 hours ago, Welp said:

That's an interesting take.  I feel the opposite.

I think the fact that Wilson processes information fast and has a very quick release bodes well for the Jets OL.

46 minutes ago, QB1 said:

I don’t disagree that it is BS that Mac Jones dui is never spoken about, I also don’t think we should cancel Mac Jones (Or anyone) because he’s made some mistakes 

But Mac Jones getting a dui has nothing to do With fields potentially having personality or worth ethic issues, both things can be true at the same time. It’s gotten to the point where any criticism of fields is considered racist which is abusrd. 

if evaluators are so racist why did tua go before Herbert and why did Kyler Murray go #1 overall?

Listen I'm not saying Mac Jones should be cancelled. We've all done stupid, dangerous things at that age.

I'm just saying I agree that there's an odd juxtaposition here:

One guy with the dad-bod and the DUI versus another guy that rallied his conference to suit up during a pandemic and played through an injury in the college football playoffs.

I prefer other quarterback prospects to both, tbh, but I think it's fair for JT or anyone else to speculate on why certain rumors become stories and certain verifiable facts never become stories.

It could just be that a team wants Fields to drop. That's certainly fair speculation. But it could be other things as well...

• Upvote 1