in memoriam

4 hours ago, TeddEY said:

With the trade of Sam Darnold, a walk down memory lane.

Highlighted in green are players who remain with the Jets.  Crossed out are players not currently on any active roster.

2015:

Pick 1.6 – Leonard Williams, DL, USC

Pick 2.37 – Devin Smith, WR, Ohio State

Pick 3.82 – Lorenzo Mauldin, EDGE, Louisville

Pick 4.103 – Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor

Pick 5.152 – Jarvis Harrison, OL, Texas A&M

Pick 7.223 – Deon Simon, DL, Northwestern State

2016:

Pick 1.20 – Darron Lee, LB, Ohio State

Pick 2.51 – Christian Hackenberg, QB, Penn State

Pick 3.83 – Jordan Jenkins, EDGE, Georgia

Pick 4.118 – Juston Burris, CB, NC State

Pick 5.158 – Brandon Shell, OL, South Carolina

Pick 7.235 – Lachlan Edwards, P, Sam Houston State

Pick 7.241 – Charone Peake, WR, Clemson

2017:

Pick 1.6 – Jamal Adams, S, LSU

Pick 2.39 – Marcus Maye, S, Florida

Pick 3.79 – ArDarius Stewart, WR, Alabama

Pick 4.141 – Chad Hansen, WR, California

Pick 5.150 – Jordan Leggett, TE, Clemson

Pick 5.181 – Dylan Donahue, EDGE, West Georgia

Pick 6.188 – Elijah McGuire, RB, Louisiana-Lafayette

Pick 6.197 – Jeremy Clark, CB, Michigan

Pick 6.204 – Derrick Jones, CB, Ole Miss

2018:

Pick 1.3 – Sam Darnold, QB, USC

Pick 3.72 – Nathan Shepherd, DL, Fort Hays State

Pick 4.107 – Chris Herndon, TE, Miami

Pick 6.179 – Parry Nickerson, CB, Tulane

Pick 6.180 – Folorunso Fatukasi, DL, Connecticut

Pick 6.204 – Trenton Cannon, RB, Virginia State

2019:

Pick 1.3 – Quinnen Williams, DL, Alabama

Pick 3.68 – Jachai Polite, OLB, Florida

Pick 3.92 – Chuma Edoga, OL, USC

Pick 4.121 – Trevon Wesco, TE, West Virginia

Pick 5.157 – Blake Cashman, LB, Minnesota

Pick 6.195 – Blessuan Austin, CB, Rutgers

552390745_tenor(2).gif.89d2daa8de00479f07c84fe4ef964a1c.gif

5 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Man, talk about in memoriam. What happened to that guy?

4 hours ago, TeddEY said:

Max got rid of him when he started a thread comparing the Jets to a "crippled child."

Really one of the more vile things I've read on this board.

Edited to Add: I don't think I ever have seen, or will ever see again, Max just say, "**** you" to a poster.

5 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Man, talk about in memoriam. What happened to that guy?

5 hours ago, TeddEY said:

Max got rid of him when he started a thread comparing the Jets to a "crippled child."

Edited to Add: I don't think I ever have seen, or will ever see again, Max just say, "**** you" to a poster.

I missed this thread somehow.  Just read it for the first time now.  These were 5 of the most enjoyable posts I've read in succession maybe ever:

On 4/18/2020 at 2:00 AM, Maxman said:

This one is terrible. 90 days just for this one. Plus the 60 you were at originally. Also **** you.

On 4/18/2020 at 2:00 AM, Maxman said:

Actually enjoy your lifetime ban.

On 4/18/2020 at 2:02 AM, Maxman said:

You have already been banned for the rest of your life. Because of this post you were just banned for another lifetime.

On 4/18/2020 at 2:03 AM, Maxman said:

3rd lifetime.

On 4/18/2020 at 2:03 AM, Maxman said:

IP Ban. And a 4th lifetime.

Also all of your family members are now banned. For life.

• Upvote 3

51 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Worse than the "Idzik 12" draft when you consider the talent we passed on to take Adams and Maye, and the horrendous selections after those 2 were taken.

Fight me. 

The 2014 draft was bad, but the "Idzik 12" is wildly overstated.  The 1st 3 rounds only had one pick each, and it wasn't until pick 115 that we started with multiples.

Jace Amaro over Davante Adams and Allen Robinson were probably the highlight of that one.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, TeddEY said:

Wow I forgot about this. And yes I don't recall being mad enough to curse at someone like that before.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I missed this thread somehow.  Just read it for the first time now.  These were 5 of the most enjoyable posts I've read in succession maybe ever:

This guy clearly wanted to be banned..just read the thread again at it was truly disgusting what he posted. 

• Upvote 1

He said it to me yesterday. Twice. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Worse than the "Idzik 12" draft when you consider the talent we passed on to take Adams and Maye, and the horrendous selections after those 2 were taken.

Fight me. 

10 hours ago, TeddEY said:

The 2014 draft was bad, but the "Idzik 12" is wildly overstated.  The 1st 3 rounds only had one pick each, and it wasn't until pick 115 that we started with multiples.

Jace Amaro over Davante Adams and Allen Robinson were probably the highlight of that one.

Macc may have been worse than Idzik by a small measure, thanks mostly to inexplicably more opportunities given, but let's not pretend like the latter was anything but laughably horrific at his job as well.  After all, the picks of Pryor and Amaro make the likes of Adams and Herndon slightly less incompetent by comparison.  Even the WR duo of Saunders and Evans were somehow more useless than Stewart and Hansen, which is an extremely difficult task to accomplish.

Idzik was also ridiculed because, with those 12 picks, he had the theoretical concept of flexibility at his disposal, but was incapable of making one single move throughout the draft, before going 0 for 12.  The only thing of note to come out of that 2014 class is he took the guy who cold-cocked Geno Smith.  In the end, both were just historically awful as GMs, and with classes that would've been no worse if randomly picking names out of a hat.

12 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Macc may have been worse than Idzik by a small measure, thanks mostly to inexplicably more opportunities given, but let's not pretend like the latter was anything but laughably horrific at his job as well.  After all, the picks of Pryor and Amaro make the likes of Adams and Herndon slightly less incompetent by comparison.  Even the WR duo of Saunders and Evans were somehow more useless than Stewart and Hansen, which is an extremely difficult task to accomplish.

Idzik was also ridiculed because, with those 12 picks, he had the theoretical concept of flexibility at his disposal, but was incapable of making one single move throughout the draft, before going 0 for 12.  The only thing of note to come out of that 2014 class is he took the guy who cold-cocked Geno Smith.  In the end, both were just historically awful as GMs, and with classes that would've been no worse if randomly picking names out of a hat.

No doubt Idzik was bad, but I don't see them as comparable.  Idzik was a bad GM.  Macc was a league worst (verifiable by most players out of the league) GM.  Macc also had multiple top 10 picks.  It's not hard to find players when you take the top guy on Kiper's big board in round one, when you're picking that high AND he still managed to **** that up.

Idzik also handed out no bad free agent contracts, vs Macc, who handed out many.  There's no Trumaine's, Leveon's, or CJ's on Idzik's resume.

Ultimately, Idzik had a plan.  One that he could not execute because he failed in the draft, but there was a clear and obviously plan.  Macc had no plan whatsoever - none - and he got to do it for much longer, causing far more harm.

Sure, it's splitting hairs between which terrible was worse, but I really don't see it as close.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Obrien2Toon said:

3 straight drafts and only Maye left

and he’s my least favorite pick of them all because he’s not Dalvin Cook 

And Maye will be gone next year.  It's clear we're not giving him a big extension (I'm not sure we should), but he's going to play out the tag and be let go, in my view.

1 hour ago, Bleedin Green said:

Idzik sucked.  Macc was worse, and had 2 draft classes that were worse than the Idzik 12, was my point.  

• Upvote 1

No doubt Idzik was bad, but I don't see them as comparable.  Idzik was a bad GM.  Macc was a league worst (verifiable by most players out of the league) GM.  Macc also had multiple top 10 picks.  It's not hard to find players when you take the top guy on Kiper's big board in round one, when you're picking that high AND he still managed to **** that up.

Idzik also handed out no bad free agent contracts, vs Macc, who handed out many.  There's no Trumaine's, Leveon's, or CJ's on Idzik's resume.

Ultimately, Idzik had a plan.  One that he could not execute because he failed in the draft, but there was a clear and obviously plan.  Macc had no plan whatsoever - none - and he got to do it for much longer, causing far more harm.

Sure, it's splitting hairs between which terrible was worse, but I really don't see it as close.

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Idzik sucked.  Macc was worse, and had 2 draft classes that were worse than the Idzik 12, was my point.  

I get what you are both saying, but the best thing Idzik has going for him is that his stretch as "worst GM in team history" was short-lived, although it still did in fact exist.  It's simply a matter of in what type of glorious fashion they each miserably failed.  The arguments wouldn't be as strong if Macc was similarly fired after 2 years.  Idzik's list of failures isn't longer than it already is simply because he wasn't given the opportunity for it to be.  Opting not to try in FA when you're laughably awful in the draft hardly qualifies as a plan.  Instead he gave limited contracts to players who then wouldn't even bother showing up.  Building through the draft is also slightly more problematic when incapable of actually making any trades up or down the draft board, a special incompetence not even Macc has the privilege of being able to claim as his own.

The main difference is as idiotic as both Johnsons are, Woody knew enough to pull the trigger on firing Idzik quickly, while Chris's indisputably dumber ass doubled down on Macc, letting us enjoy his ineptitude for far longer, and therefore more time for the hate to grow.