Breer: Douglas speaks on why Jets traded Darnold

35 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

Im in Florida   Youre in Cancun?

im thinking about Grand Cayman

Did u become an expat?

I’m in a smaller town about a half hour south of Cancun. I’m a permanent resident here. Cost of living here is nothing compared to NY or Grand Cayman. That was a big factor for me in retirement. I’m actually still adding to my savings rather than withdrawing. That should be the case for years to come. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

On 4/8/2021 at 5:20 PM, Patriot Killa said:

You gotta love this. “I don’t give a sh*t what I look like in the media, I know what I’m doing & I did what I did.”

I'm enjoying the fact that he said it but man, if there was ever a more empty statement than this. Easy to puff your chest out and say this now. If 2 years from now Sam is an above average starter who solved Car QB problems and Wilson can't read an NFL defense or stay on the field... Oh, believe me, you're gonna give a sh*t, Joey. 

7 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

I'm enjoying the fact that he said it but man, if there was ever a more empty statement than this. Easy to puff your chest out and say this now. If 2 years from now Sam is an above average starter who solved Car QB problems and Wilson can't read an NFL defense or stay on the field... Oh, believe me, you're gonna give a sh*t, Joey. 

Only 1 of those things could happen.  Darnold isn’t solving anything in Carolina.

16 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Only 1 of those things could happen.  Darnold isn’t solving anything in Carolina.

Likely, no way. But possible. If I was betting money, I agree I don't think he ever turns into what he was expected to be. I do think he will be better than he was here, though. 

18 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

Likely, no way. But possible. If I was betting money, I agree I don't think he ever turns into what he was expected to be. I do think he will be better than he was here, though. 

Right, better than here.  But still not a solution.  Something like going from QB36 here to QB29 or QB28 there, is my guess.

57 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Right, better than here.  But still not a solution.  Something like going from QB36 here to QB29 or QB28 there, is my guess.

Eh, I guess I'm just not as down on Sam as a lot of people on here. 

Anyway... I don't mean to start another Sam debate. I'm in agreement with you on this. I just also think that Gase had more of an impact than he gets credit for, sometimes.