Why are we signing these OL?

43 minutes ago, ElBarrioJets said:

You clearly have no idea how roster construction works.

I do know we had one of the worst lines in football last year.  We had a center come out of retirement for a high salary and last 7 games [that was a Shocker].  Instead of drafting another stud  o line @ 2 and build the right way, we are going to draft another qb instead. Teach me because I clearly don't understand. 

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, JETSY14 said:

Let's see if we can talk a couple players out of retirement and get them to fill some spots  on the line

Let’s see what this nonsense has to do with signing camp fodder.  Of it makes you feel better to make fun of imaginary signings good for you

3 hours ago, JETSY14 said:

I do know we had one of the worst lines in football last year.  We had a center come out of retirement for a high salary and last 7 games [that was a Shocker].  Instead of drafting another stud  o line @ 2 and build the right way, we are going to draft another qb instead. Teach me because I clearly don't understand. 

It’s the new NFL dude.  You care about offensive lines?  Lemme guess your favorite actor is Boris Karloff

the Jets are signing bums like Dan Feeney and Corey Levin because they are going to June 1st cut Alex Lewis and the team lacks starting caliber guards at both spots

they are also signing these players because they have no intention of drafting a guard high. Cam Clark is the guard help. JD loves George Fant and Connor McGovern. These are great moves in JD's mind. Cam Clark is awesome if you ask JD. The line is set, you guys 

there's no problem, the line is great, move along nothing to see here Explosion Reaction GIF

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, slats said:

Because offensive linemen sometimes take a while to develop. Players the Jets have taken and let go have gone on to be starters elsewhere. A guy like this -whose name I don’t know- could be the next guy who jumps from practice squad fodder to player. 

It costs next to nothing, with zero commitment. It’s buying a scratch-off that’s almost certainly a loser but could win you a million bucks. If you lose your dollar, you really don’t care. But if you hit... 

When have the Jets gotten that lucky? These OL signings stink. I hope someone else is seeing the big picture but Douglas needs to have a Jimmie  "How Bout Them Cowboys" Johnson type draft

5 hours ago, JETSY14 said:

Yeah I'm with do not get it at all. The QB part is a no brainer because we don't have one. If Darnold was still on the team they should have build around him. The first pick should have been Sewell. Then WR, TE, RB. Now we have to draft a QB and hope these scrubs along the line not named Becton can keep the new QB upright

5 hours ago, Philc1 said:

It’s the new NFL dude.  You care about offensive lines?  Lemme guess your favorite actor is Boris Karloff

3 teams out of the top 5 ranked offensive lines went to the playoffs, one of which won the superbowl. Buccaneers Packers and Browns

16 hours ago, JETSY14 said:

3 teams out of the top 5 ranked offensive lines went to the playoffs, one of which won the superbowl. Buccaneers Packers and Browns

Look at our own history.  4x first round picks on the back to back AFCG Jets team’s offensive line.  But we can’t draft Sewell he only ran a 5.08 40 same time Brick ran at 40lbs lighter!