Zach Wilson BYU interview 4/8 Comments on Sam Darnold trade.

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

Good interview.  Sounds like he's definitely ready and willing to become a Jet.  The massage chair comment was funny.  At least we know he won't get into any kind of Watson trouble just yet.  The other interesting comment he made was the possibility of him not going to the draft!  He said he just wants to spend it with friends and family and everyone that helped him get here.  Goodell can't be happy if the top 2 picks of this years draft are no shows.

I started following his mother on instagram (she is crazy) and she is preparing the basement for the draft and having espn cameras in the room so he is definitely doing it at home. https://www.instagram.com/lifeaccording2lisa/

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I’m on record really hating the disservice this organization did to Sam.  He got a raw deal and we shipped him out because we couldn’t support him with adequate coaching or surrounding talent.  But that ship has sailed, we’re moving forward.  I’m 100% in on Wilson if that’s the pick.  I pray we finally get the right guy in here and that we actually do right by him.  It’ll be an easy answer as to whether the Jets have learned their lesson when see what’s done at #23 and 34.

Safety, safety?

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, johnnysd said:

He couldn't hide a smirk here and there. Interesting him and Sam have been talking sounds as if Sam was not as complimentary of Gase privately as he is in public. I think he is great. Really grounded. Says all the right things and doesn't seem coached. Seems to love football and has a desire not to fail. Which is good. Confirmed he has been talking with Young. He's our QB

I feel like so many people either don't accoutfor a dismiss the fact that sam played ball for the jets while other pointed out the obvious failure that Gase was, Sam always was positive about the team and never trashed staff. That my friends is why he is employed but the panthers. Douglas did right by him and the new team wanted him because in part his attitude and how he conducted himself as a professional. Say all you want about sam but the truth is he is going to be starter and get paid basically because teams like him and the jets went to bat for him in the Front office and simply said they couldn't keep him.

Good on sam and Joe. They certianly just ****ed him over by cutting him later and not traded him.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I’m on record really hating the disservice this organization did to Sam.  He got a raw deal and we shipped him out because we couldn’t support him with adequate coaching or surrounding talent.  But that ship has sailed, we’re moving forward.  I’m 100% in on Wilson if that’s the pick.  I pray we finally get the right guy in here and that we actually do right by him.  It’ll be an easy answer as to whether the Jets have learned their lesson when see what’s done at #23 and 34.

This means you expect line and WR help?

20 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I feel like so many people either don't accoutfor a dismiss the fact that sam played ball for the jets while other pointed out the obvious failure that Gase was, Sam always was positive about the team and never trashed staff. That my friends is why he is employed but the panthers. Douglas did right by him and the new team wanted him because in part his attitude and how he conducted himself as a professional. Say all you want about sam but the truth is he is going to be starter and get paid basically because teams like him and the jets went to bat for him in the Front office and simply said they couldn't keep him.

Good on sam and Joe. They certianly just ****ed him over by cutting him later and not traded him.

I still really root for Sam and will this season. Trading him was right move, but he was a good teammate for us and deserved better. But he is gone and now we need to embrace Zach

6 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

I started following his mother on instagram (she is crazy) and she is preparing the basement for the draft and having espn cameras in the room so he is definitely doing it at home. https://www.instagram.com/lifeaccording2lisa/

Yeah, I totally would. Six kids and crazy - this broad is probably a total pig in the bedroom. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

This just sums up the entire QB and organization situation perfectly. 

Let's hope the Jets can move forward and make the right moves

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2021 at 11:29 PM, Jetsbb said:

She just stated today that she will be going to Cleveland next week!  I was hoping he would attend.  Would be awesome to have him up at the podium with the cap and uni.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1