JD Bashers

11 minutes ago, JETSY14 said:

Where are all the JD bashers now?? Everyone was bashing him in free agency and wanted his head on a stick. Kind of quite now. 

Did something happen? Or did you just feel like farting this gem out for no reason?

• Upvote 1

He needs to shows that he is building a sustainable winner. No one says the niners stink because they had an off year, they just had one too many injuries to field a competitive team. The next year no one has any doubt they will be rolling again. I hope the Jets can have that level of consistent winning. 

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, JETSY14 said:

Where are all the JD bashers now?? Everyone was bashing him in free agency and wanted his head on a stick. Kind of quite now. 

Last thing we want is Dollar Store Douglas’ head on a stick but if he drafts Mac Jones at number 2 that’s where his head will be. 
image.thumb.jpeg.5d114ac8b882ccff82ac7c5224893969.jpeg

56 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He has been stellar in the trade value front.

He has been good in hiring a better coaching staff.

He has been stellar in not giving away info and keeping it quiet.

He has been excellent in the none bs angle taking to the press.

His first draft was promising but his picks after round 2 have to do more this year for it to be a good draft.

He has done well in adding some talent in FA.

He has done very poorly in filling some holes in the two biggest areas of need for this team, oline and CB.

In the end his success will be just like all GMs, his drafting, he has to hit it out of the park this year and next.

Bingo. He gets a B- at best because the early returns on his first draft are “meh” and he needs to be great at drafting. He has so much ammo these next 2 drafts. We will be able to completely judge him after the 2022 draft and after a year of the new coaches installing new systems. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JETSY14 said:

We're in the Official Fire Joe Douglas Thread.

We are not "quiet" because he did a good job in FA.  We are quiet because there is no point in caring passionately for the next 5 years while gullible Jets fans give this guy a free pass for turning us into an expansion team.

SAR I

I’m still not a fan of his free agency.  The one thing he seems to be able to do is trade.  Adams trade he got an absolute haul and while I’d prefer to have gotten a better pick this year for Darnold, a 2 and a 4 next year is a ton for how terrible Sam has been.

let’s be honest - all his picks so far have potential.  Potential one of the most dangerous words in the English language.  And forgive me, I don’t really feel like being optimistic about a Jets drafted player being successful here.

• Upvote 1

I think he is smart and by far the most competent guy we’ve had at GM in many decades

But he has made some mistakes, RA being the biggest. I think he deserves a lot of the blame for failing to surround Sam with talent, the fact is that the best team Sam had around him was in 2018

I am also not a fan of the Morgan, Perrine, Zuniga, and Davis picks. Would you trade that lump of players for a 2nd rounder? I would