Don't you wish you had more legitimate complaints about Joe Douglas?

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No more, "why couldn't he convince Joe Thuney to sign with the 2-14 Jets over the back-to-back AFC champs?"  Or, "remember that time he took a backup QB with the second of three fourth rounders?

Being miserable and treating the GM like dirt is every Jets fan’s god given right.

I’ve been in a seething rage since we drafted James Morgan (over that great nickel corner whose name I can’t spell on the Rams!!) my wife left me over it  

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Sorry dude, this thinking just makes no sense....

So, you mean to tell me that it is better to take a guard at #23, even though this draft is deep with OL, if Kwity Paye fell somehow to 23?  
Mind-boggling.....truly.

I didn't say he needs to take a guard.  I said he needs to not take defense.

Any player on the offensive side of the ball will be fine.  Taking defense will tell me that Joe Douglas fundamentally does not understand the NFL and is highly unlikely to ever be a good GM.

That's based on what the team looks like now.  Maybe he trades for two starting caliber linemen, a RB, a TE and WR before the draft...no problem if he goes defense, but barring that - offense needs to be the pick at 23 and 34.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 5
  • Confused 2
14 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Sorry dude, this thinking just makes no sense....

So, you mean to tell me that it is better to take a guard at #23, even though this draft is deep with OL, if Kwity Paye fell somehow to 23?  
Mind-boggling.....truly.

Personally I am hoping for Greg Newsome Cornerback at 23 so..... 

JD has said from Day 1 what he's about, and that is building the team from the trenches out via the draft.  If he hits on his picks, he'll be a living legend.  If he doesn't within a year or two, @Creepy Lurker will start another epic 200 page thread to have him fired...

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, Irish Jet said:

Maybe let him win more than 2 games in a season before we collectively suck his dick. 

Jets Fans have been so warped by the last few years we interpret losses as wins and firings as super bowl victory 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

I didn't say he needs to take a guard.  I said he needs to not take defense.
Any player on the offensive side of the ball will be fine.  Taking defense will tell me that Joe Douglas fundamentally does not understand the NFL and is highly unlikely to ever be a good GM.
That's based on what the team looks like now.  Maybe he trades for two starting caliber linemen, a RB, a TE and WR before the draft...no problem if he goes defense, but barring that - offense needs to be the pick at 23 and 34.

Hahahahaha cmon man, don't be ridiculous.

If he picks a defensive player with any of the first 3 picks he doesn't understand football and will never be a good GM.

Wow....that's a bit of an all or nothing take on it.

Sent from the NY Jets Draft Suicide Watch desk.

• Upvote 4
Maybe let him win more than 2 games in a season before we collectively suck his dick. 

Gase got us the "only 2 win" season...so if this kid turns out to be a good qb, we win a superbowl because we didn't pick that bust TL then Gase is at the front of the line to get a polished knob.

Sent from the NY Jets Draft Suicide Watch desk.

• Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It's about developing the QB.  Right now it can't be about winning and losing.

JD tore this thing down the past two years and chose to start the rebuild with a QB at #2 overall.  Developing that QB needs to the first, second and third priority of this organization.

I'm all for a balanced team and once you develop the QB he should be able to carry the offense with less talent - but right now Zach Wilson's development should be the ONLY thing that matters.

Sure - having a good defense can help a QB but not as much as having a good OL, RB, TE or WR's...

Two other things to consider..

Defense was supported better in FA to date

Defense already and still has more talent than the offense.  You can probably go offense at 23 and 34 and the defense will still have the better roster.

The real way to develop a player like Zach wilson is to build a program before he arrives... Maybe let him sit a year 

What the Jets are going to do is throw him to the wolves and at some point we will be here on Max's board wondering what happened to Zach Wilson 

• Upvote 2