Sam Darnold elects not to thank Jets fans like most athletes do.

Who cares?

Why would he care? He's the reason why he's leaving but I'm sure it stings to have endured poor coaching, a bad roster and an unsympathetic fan base calling for him to get out of town before his rookie contract was already up. 

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He went to post his farewell but it got intercepted

He was given zero talent and awful coaching and then traded away. I respect the fact that he chose not to post a fake "OMG i loved you guys" instagram post. 

Don't. Really. Care. He is gone. I wish him luck.

Posted Images

Just now, rex-n-effect said:

Who cares?

Why would he care? He's the reason why he's leaving but I'm sure it stings to have endured poor coaching, a bad roster and an unsympathetic fan base calling for him to get out of town before his rookie contract was already up. 

Where is all this unsympathetic fan base crap coming from? Last I checked the fans supported him pretty well his first 2 years and there were no fans in the stadium last year. Look at this thread alone, he still has plenty of cheerleaders who explain away every fault he has. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
21 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Obviously the immediate reaction is "who cares about social media??" but posting a goodbye to fans and former teammates has essentially become an "industry standard" for professional sports. 

You can call it fake, insincere or whatever but it does show a certain amount of respect to the fans that supported you and maturity to do it. 

Why does Sam get a pass because he was treated unfairly by a lack of talent around him? 

If Jamal Adams can post this after everything that went down at the end of his tenure here than Sam has no excuse:

What Industry standard?  Why do you think Sam is getting a "pass" for something that is strictly a personal decision?   Who is in charge of determining whether someone gets a "pass" or not?  What a bunch of nonsense.  

• Upvote 2

He may still do so, but the guy owes us nothing. Most of the time, those posts are just copy-and-paste bs that players do because they are narcissistic. Some aspects of social media are really great and help bring people together. Leave to humanity to take something good and turn it to sh*t. I hate this world. 

• Sad 1
  • Like 1
34 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

I did notice this.

And

I am surprised by it.  

Maybe he hated it here.

I believe Sam never wanted to be here and its was a bad fit.  He will be given another opportunity and we will know then if it was the Jets or him that was the problem.

• Upvote 1
19 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Good riddance.  I do not want the jets to be associated with this scrub every again.  I hope he never mentions us ever!

Why do you have to get so personal. He didn't force the Jet's to draft him or play him. Do you feel he intentionally played poorly just to piss you off?

• Upvote 1
52 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

I did notice this.

And

I am surprised by it.  

Maybe he hated it here.

Playing with the league’s worst roster and coaching staff 3 years in a row?  Matt Rhule is not a good coach but he’s Bill Walsh compared to our last two clowns

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Ian Fleming said:

Is social media use now a measurement of sincerity or a summary judgment of person’s life or personality?

To people below the age of 40 it is

• Sad 2
28 minutes ago, the Claw said:

He may still do so, but the guy owes us nothing. Most of the time, those posts are just copy-and-paste bs that players do because they are narcissistic. Some aspects of social media are really great and help bring people together. Leave to humanity to take something good and turn it to sh*t. I hate this world. 

Kristaps Porzinigis insincere thank you to Knicks fans on social media after demanding a trade to out of NY was the biggest backhanded FU ever

Sam doing nothing > that

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Green DNA said:

What Industry standard?  Why do you think Sam is getting a "pass" for something that is strictly a personal decision?   Who is in charge of determining whether someone gets a "pass" or not?  What a bunch of nonsense.  

Well let's see, every other QB who was traded this offseason did it so yeah, it's an industry standard.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CK1uBLYlMCY/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2021/03/17/matthew-stafford-detroit-lions-farewell-video/4744038001/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLfmFnlBvw5/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Ian Fleming said:

Is social media use now a measurement of sincerity or a summary judgment of person’s life or personality?

5 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

To people below the age of 40 it is

Unfortunately you are correct and it's a sad commentary.  I weepz for the children.  

Just now, Peace Frog said:

Unfortunately you are correct and it's a sad commentary.  I weepz for the children.  

I don’t 

• Haha 1
37 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

It actually wasn't, genius.

Actually, I was kidding.

Although all NFL trades are "pending physical" until the player arrives at his new team and passes their physical, as the Jets acknowledged when they announced the trade:

https://www.newyorkjets.com/news/jets-acquire-three-draft-picks-in-sam-darnold-trade-with-panthers

Jets Acquire Three Draft Picks from the Carolina Panthers in Exchange for QB Sam Darnold

Package Includes Second-Round and Fourth-Round Picks in 2022 NFL Draft

Apr 05, 2021 at 04:04 PM

Sam-Darnold_Trade

The Jets have parted ways with quarterback Sam Darnold, trading him to the Carolina Panthers for a sixth-round pick in the 2021 NFL Draft in addition to second-round and fourth-round picks in the 2022 NFL Draft, pending a physical.

• Upvote 1

If I thought that somehow Sam posting a "good-bye" video would help the team in 2021, I would care.  But seeing as it would not make the team better, really does not matter to me.

5 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

While I don't personally like Social Media and think athletes would do themselves some big favors by staying off it..

Every single generation 'weepz for the children' and you'll find most studies show that each subsequent generation usually does the things the previous generations say is important to them better than those generations do..

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Jetsbb said:

https://www.instagram.com/samdarnold/

Anyone else find it weird with all the praise of what a great person Sam is that he has decided to not say a word? Usually when this happens the athlete makes some sort of statement thanking the fans of the team he is leaving and that he gave it his all and is looking forward to the new opportunity etc. Absolutely radio silence except a surprise party of him cheering the move which Mike Greenberg took advantage of to trash the organization with. Oh look how happy he is to get away from your sh*tty team says a smiling Greenberg. 

Edit as reference from a great post by jetfreak89 This is Jamal Adams, who most fans hate, goodbye after he was traded.

He was classy when he was here even if he probably didn’t want to be here.  That’s all that matters.  Let him be a cautionary tale about bringing in West Coast dudes whose hearts are really in San Francisco.

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

If I thought that somehow Sam posting a "good-bye" video would help the team in 2021, I would care.  But seeing as it would not make the team better, really does not matter to me.

Sam should post a video of Adam Gase looking at CGI flies in his opening press conference 

11 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

That was their choice, Sam chose not to.  If anything, he should send out a tweet telling Jets fans to blow him after some of the stuff I've seen posted here.  

10 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

He barely posts on Instagram.  Maybe once a month, if that.  

Jamal posts on Instagram everytime a thought pops into his head.  

Yea. Sam isn't a social media guy. He isn't a "i love the nightlife guy". He's home most of the time hanging out with friends 

• Upvote 1