Sam Darnold elects not to thank Jets fans like most athletes do.

14 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I can live with this.  I would argue that I'm just a Jet fan who was fed up with Darnold's inept play. Plus,  I'd be mollified knowing that most of us on JN were correct in our appraisal of Darnold as not being a competent NFL QB.

What does your opinion of his skills have to do with wanting him to fail. I don't get the animus here. He was traded to an out of conference team. His success or failure won't affect the Jet's in any way

i am a little surprised only because Sam is suppose to be the greatest guy in the world.

but those farewells only happened with good players. like Adams

he was good, and he wanted to leave. and we gave him his wish. so he was thankful.

Sam sucked, Sam knows he sucks, and Sam didn't want to leave. 

think of it like a relationship. when you break up with your girl and she doesn't give you a hard time your happy. you wish her the best. that's what happened to Adams.

but when your girl breaks up with you does it matter if she says your a great guy ( like JDs bs ) ? no. you hate her. you hope she gets hit by a bus .LOL... that's Sam with us.

when your girls breaks up with you, you don't wish her next BF is good to her. you wish shes miserable without you. Sam hopes we go 0-16 without him. that's why i don't understand people who wish Sam does good. 

you like JD right? well than why root against a move he made. this was the most important move of his career. and im counting this with drafting a QB because i think there linked. and your rooting against the Jets

1 minute ago, genot said:

What does your opinion of his skills have to do with wanting him to fail. I don't get the animus here. He was traded to an out of conference team. His success or failure won't affect the Jet's in any way

it does. another reason to make fun of us. we never do anything right if sam does good.

16 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Sam being terrible is good for our draft position.

As a New York Jets fan, we should all want Sam Darnold to be terrible.  So terrible, in fact, that we get the 33rd overall pick in next years draft.

Oh please. The difference in talent between a high 2nd rounder and a mid 2nd rounder is pretty minor. Not worth hoping him to fail over 

3 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

https://www.instagram.com/samdarnold/

Anyone else find it weird with all the praise of what a great person Sam is that he has decided to not say a word? Usually when this happens the athlete makes some sort of statement thanking the fans of the team he is leaving and that he gave it his all and is looking forward to the new opportunity etc. Absolutely radio silence except a surprise party of him cheering the move which Mike Greenberg took advantage of to trash the organization with. Oh look how happy he is to get away from your sh*tty team says a smiling Greenberg. 

Edit as reference from a great post by jetfreak89 This is Jamal Adams, who most fans hate, goodbye after he was traded.

What should Sam say?  Thank you for sending me to a place that will treat me better? lol

"I'd like to thank the Jets, the coaches and mentors who supported me like Todd Bowles, Adam Gase, Jeremy Bates and Dowell Loggains, for a great three years.  Even though three of you are no longer in the NFL, I'll cherish those times we had together.  To my warriors in the trenches, the turnstiles up front, I'll never forget you guys flopping backwards as you got run over and I ran for my life.  Good times!  And to my weaponz, the future Hall of Famers who I had the pleasure of working with.... Braxton Berrios, Frank Gore, Josh Malone, Chris Hogan, and many others who seemed to only spend one or two years with the Jets before also being shipped off, we will always share the memories of the times we spent together.  And finally, to Jets fans.... thanks for your support.  I'm sorry I couldn't turn lemons into lemonade there.  I'll say hi to Robby for you."

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, doitny said:

it does. another reason to make fun of us. we never do anything right if sam does good.

If Wilson does well here, and Sam does well. The Gase misery will be forgotten and everybody will be happy. If Wilson fails. Oh boy.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

13 wins 25 losses as the NY Jets starting QB. 

giphy.gif

I mean, Mekhi Becton is 2-14 so what does that say?  And don't give me the ole, "His supporting talent sucked.  He had to cover up for a bad OG next to him, a bad QB, no receivers, a mediocre defense, etc."  Those are the excuses that Darnold lovers use. ?

Sam Darnold was a class act on and off the field for the most part. 
He played the game with no emotion and looked clueless most times on the field. 
He was a terrible QB for many reasons and seemed to not be able to handle the NY/NJ hype. 
Im so glad the NY Jets decided to move on. 
Fans as of late  have been force fed the likes of Todd Bowles,Adam Gase,Luke Falk and Sam Darnold. 
We deserve so much better. 

Worst day in 21st century Jets history is the day the Johnsons canned Rex.
We may have sucked but we were never boring. Woody has turned us into a football version of a chick flick.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I mean, Mekhi Becton is 2-14 so what does that say?  And don't give me the ole, "His supporting talent sucked.  He had to cover up for a back OG next to him, a bad QB, no receivers, a mediocre defense, etc."  Those are the excuses that Darnold lovers use. ?

Becton doesn't control the Offense or throw the ball to opposing teams. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

Anyone else find it weird with all the praise of what a great person Sam is that he has decided to not say a word? Usually when this happens the athlete makes some sort of statement thanking the fans of the team he is leaving and that he gave it his all and is looking forward to the new opportunity etc. Absolutely radio silence except a surprise party of him cheering the move which Mike Greenberg took advantage of to trash the organization with. Oh look how happy he is to get away from your sh*tty team says a smiling Greenberg. 

Edit as reference from a great post by jetfreak89 This is Jamal Adams, who most fans hate, goodbye after he was traded.

Download video

3 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

Couldn't think of any other ridiculous topic to start a thread over?  

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, genot said:

I stand corrected. I get a little pissed with the vitriol in some posts. Sam's gone. Wish him luck, and let's move on

my feeling from reading thru this post is that a lot of people have trouble separating the player from the person. a lousy QB does not mean a lousy person.

4 minutes ago, jetfan39 said:

my feeling from reading thru this post is that a lot of people have trouble separating the player from the person. a lousy QB does not mean a lousy person.

The universal opinion of Sam as a person is that he's a really good guy, who doesn't like to ruffle any feathers. As to him as a QB. The opinion is mixed. We all know the arguments. He has a chance in Carolina to prove the doubters wrong. Personally, i wish him luck. 

54 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Sam being terrible is good for our draft position.

As a New York Jets fan, we should all want Sam Darnold to be terrible.  So terrible, in fact, that we get the 33rd overall pick in next years draft.

Finally, a clear thinking Jet fan.   Now worries about him being terrible and us getting the 33rd pick.  It's a lock.

4 hours ago, Icer said:

He went to post his farewell but it got intercepted

This post exemplifies why he didn't write a farewell tweet (he's not on it) or post or statement... :)

Fans want to insult you and then have you turn around and say you want some more....... :)  

19 minutes ago, jetfan39 said:

Completely agree.  None of us know Darnold's ethic as a "person", just what we see on the field and in the media.  That's why I always laugh when folks proclaim him as a great kid.   What, because he tows the team line?  Doesn't deal in any controversy?   This tells you nothing about him as a person. 

So, I could care less if Darnold is an altar boy helping seniors buy groceries, schedule colonoscopy appointments, or write drafts of their living wills.  What I do care care about is that this guy was given the keys to the franchise and choked.  Big time.   So, now, I relish the idea that I can watch him fumble (literally and figuratively) another chance in TN.   After a few weeks of Darnold, those fans will be wishing for Brian Hoyer.

9 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

This post exemplifies why he didn't write a farewell tweet (he's not on it) or post or statement... :)

Fans want to insult you and then have you turn around and say you want some more....... :)  

456047484_giphy(41).gif.0486ffc7eeacc1dcc9b5a6d4f8518092.gif

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

“Prez” was bullsh*tting you like that kinda stuff? You just told your GF to gtfooh and expect her to say “babe, I enjoyed every second I spent with you, just not in bed. You always came up short and would’ve knocked me up several times cuz you didn’t know what protection is. Thanks morning after pills! I even got mono for you. But I still love you cuz you were cheering me on while I was trying to clean your sh*tty toilets”

5 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

20210408_205625.thumb.jpg.487205df27d20cfeb593c84eb53fccca.jpg

Hes hiding in his safe space under a table....gotta give him time.

9 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Completely agree.  None of us know Darnold's ethic as a "person", just what we see on the field and in the media.  That's why I always laugh when folks proclaim him as a great kid.   What, because he tows the team line?  Doesn't deal in any controversy?   This tells you nothing about him as a person. 

So, I could care less if Darnold is an altar boy helping seniors buy groceries, schedule colonoscopy appointments, or write drafts of their living wills.  What I do care care about is that this guy was given the keys to the franchise and choked.  Big time.   So, now, I relish the idea that I can watch him fumble (literally and figuratively) another chance in TN.   After a few weeks of Darnold, those fans will be wishing for Brian Hoyer.

a few weeks? go check out Carolina huddle .com there fighting now. it funny to see the guys who like Sam try to defend him.

but its mostly Gase and the Jets. the Jets never do anything right. were a joke. now he is with a real team..lol

sorry cant root for us to keep getting it wrong.

@genot i get what your saying. its all on Wilson, if hes bad were in trouble.

but i feel if they both play well, were still going to hear crap. we should have kept him and picked a good player, we could be in the playoffs this year. or trade the pick and be really set up for 2022. same old jets. they dont have a clue.

unless Wilson plays much much better it will look like a lateral move. 

now if they both play bad Wilson is a rookie so we got to give him more time. so  we really cant judge him for 2-3 years. but at least we know now and  look good to know Sam was bad by Nov. and that we suckered another team to trade a 2nd for him. 

you know what is funny that i seen mentioned on the Carolina board. if they fake everyone out and draft a QB? sam might spend one year in Carolina 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

I guess you missed the video of Adams dancing by himself before he posted that. At lease Sam I'd getting g his option picked up. 

5 hours ago, JetFreak89 said:

Obviously the immediate reaction is "who cares about social media??" but posting a goodbye to fans and former teammates has essentially become an "industry standard" for professional sports. 

You can call it fake, insincere or whatever but it does show a certain amount of respect to the fans that supported you and maturity to do it. 

Why does Sam get a pass because he was treated unfairly by a lack of talent around him? 

If Jamal Adams can post this after everything that went down at the end of his tenure here than Sam has no excuse:

This is hilarious.  Sam doesn't  post something on Social Media about getting traded after 3 years of Hell and the fan base is upset. Seriously,  why do you give a crap? If Sam had been reading this forum,  he would have a damn good reason not to say goodbye  to the fans. And I can not believe you are using Adams as an example of a class act saying goodbye. The guy has literally  been trashing the Jets ever since he left. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

This is hilarious.  Sam doesn't  post something on Social Media about getting traded after 3 years of Hell and the fan base is upset. Seriously,  why do you give a crap? If Sam had been reading this forum,  he would have a damn good reason not to say goodbye  to the fans. And I can not believe you are using Adams as an example of a class act saying goodbye. The guy has literally  been trashing the Jets ever since he left. 

Sam Darnold 

Jamal Adams 

Has beens that never were.