Sam Darnold elects not to thank Jets fans like most athletes do.

8 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

----- THANK YOU -----

To the 25% of Jets fans willing to throw all of my teammates and coaches under the bus to preserve the image of me as a franchise QB, and assure that I bear no responsibility for my performance, nor the teams:

I thank you.  I appreciate you.  I will miss you.

We'll always have Green Bay.

And the Rose Bowl, don't forget the Rose Bowl.

- Sam Darnold #14

I think you and others are practicing, what in psychology is avoidance. Convincing yourselfs that Darnolds surroundings had nothing to do with his performance. It helps you avoid the feelings of guilt, if it was his surroundings.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

https://www.instagram.com/samdarnold/

Anyone else find it weird with all the praise of what a great person Sam is that he has decided to not say a word? Usually when this happens the athlete makes some sort of statement thanking the fans of the team he is leaving and that he gave it his all and is looking forward to the new opportunity etc. Absolutely radio silence except a surprise party of him cheering the move which Mike Greenberg took advantage of to trash the organization with. Oh look how happy he is to get away from your sh*tty team says a smiling Greenberg. 

Edit as reference from a great post by jetfreak89 This is Jamal Adams, who most fans hate, goodbye after he was traded.

you have to be 17 right? i dont think ive ever seen a more love me daddy messageboard post in my life?

19 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

----- THANK YOU -----

To the 25% of Jets fans willing to throw all of my teammates and coaches under the bus to preserve the image of me as a franchise QB, and assure that I bear no responsibility for my performance, nor the teams:

I thank you.  I appreciate you.  I will miss you.

We'll always have Green Bay.

And the Rose Bowl, don't forget the Rose Bowl.

- Sam Darnold #14

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I just literally spit my Sprite out all over the kitchen ???????????

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Completely agree.  None of us know Darnold's ethic as a "person", just what we see on the field and in the media.  That's why I always laugh when folks proclaim him as a great kid.   What, because he tows the team line?  Doesn't deal in any controversy?   This tells you nothing about him as a person. 
So, I could care less if Darnold is an altar boy helping seniors buy groceries, schedule colonoscopy appointments, or write drafts of their living wills.  What I do care care about is that this guy was given the keys to the franchise and choked.  Big time.   So, now, I relish the idea that I can watch him fumble (literally and figuratively) another chance in TN.   After a few weeks of Darnold, those fans will be wishing for Brian Hoyer.

He was Santa Claus at a mall in NJ. My young kids sat on his lap and even caught a few passes from him. Seemed like a genuinely good guy.. I was hoping that he was finally the one. Obviously he wasn’t. Hopefully he resurrects his career for him personally. But he is not our QB any more.he might as well be named Tom Brady for all I care.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, genot said:

I think you and others are practicing, what in psychology is avoidance. Convincing yourselfs that Darnolds surroundings had nothing to do with his performance. It helps you avoid the feelings of guilt, if it was his surroundings.

5 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

you have to be 17 right? i dont think ive ever seen a more love me daddy messageboard post in my life?

You Darnold bobo’s produce the most laughs. Just watching people twist and turn so much ?????

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jets0712 said:

He was Santa Claus at a mall in NJ. My young kids sat on his lap and even caught a few passes from him. Seemed like a genuinely good guy.. I was hoping that he was finally the one. Obviously he wasn’t. Hopefully he resurrects his career for him personally. But he is not our QB any more.he might as well be named Tom Brady for all I care.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Again, I respect all the off the field stuff.   My animosity for the guy is completely related to the b/s play we had to endure the last three years.  So the thought that I'm supposed to root for Darnold to become successful for another team is preposterous.  Selfishly, I want him to bomb as bad with TN as he did with us to prove that we were correct in our appraisal of his less than stellar talent. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, genot said:

I don't think I've heard anyone say the state of the team had "nothing" to do with his performance. On the other hand, you seem to take the position that it had everything to do with his failures.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Again, I respect all the off the field stuff.   My animosity for the guy is completely related to the b/s play we had to endure the last three years.  So the thought that I'm supposed to root for Darnold to become successful for another team is preposterous.  Selfishly, I want him to bomb as bad with TN as he did with us to prove that we were correct in our appraisal of his less than stellar talent. 

You need vindication, because you're not sure if your correct. Isn't that obvious. It's simple psychology dude.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BroadwayRay said:

I don't think I've heard anyone say the state of the team had "nothing" to do with his performance. On the other hand, you seem to take the position that it had everything to do with his failures.

Forget it.  With the vast amount of blind devotion to Darnold and his legacy, genot is either his cousin or has money invested in the guy.  

1 minute ago, genot said:

You need vindication, because you're not sure if your correct. Isn't that obvious. It's simple psychology dude.

Oh, I'm damn sure Darnold is a putz.  I just want to revel in it.  I hope we get a bunch of TN games in the NY/NJ market.  Just to sit and gloat.  Laugh my ass off at the TN franchise for taking our garbage.

2 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

It had a lot to do with his failures. And the dysfunction the last two years under Gase, made it very difficult for him to progress. Getting the plays into the huddle was a chore for Gase. You should have seen Bell's comments. A lot of times Sam had to correct the play, because Gase got something wrong about the play. It was a complete shi.show

3 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Forget it.  With the vast amount of blind devotion to Darnold and his legacy, genot is either his cousin or has money invested in the guy.  

It's not blind devotion. It's not devotion at all. Nothing that would help a young QB succeed was available to Sam the last two years. Nothing. That to me isn't blind devotion. It's a fact.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

cc: @Jetsfan80

Will Ferrell Lol GIF

Tell me more about psychology, pls.

What you're actually accusing me of, in a somewhat ineloquent way, is engaging in one of Alfred Beck's Cognitive Distortions, All-or-Nothing Thinking, and misdefining that as avoidance, which is an act (not thought pattern) one engages in to avoid unpleasantness.  You also, somehow have misused the extremely common concept of guilt, which would only be a relevant emotion if I was somehow to blame for Sam Darnold's surroundings.  What you've actually written doesn't make even a modicum of sense.

My friend, do you want to tap out here, or should we discuss the actual psychology of thinking Sam Darnold is anything other than a bad QB?

You have avoided all of the valid arguments made by posters, analysts, NFL players, that Darnold in the proper surroundings has to ability to be a quality QB. You're quick dismissal of those arguments is a way to avoid the potential reality, that you're wrong. Or could be wrong. That's why some of you want him to fail in Carolina. It would be vindication for you. An other way to avoid the potential reality of him turning it around in Carolina. It's always been that way. I never started these post Darnold threads. Obviously people still need to talk about him. 

24 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Oh, I'm damn sure Darnold is a putz.  I just want to revel in it.  I hope we get a bunch of TN games in the NY/NJ market.  Just to sit and gloat.  Laugh my ass off at the TN franchise for taking our garbage.

Joe Brady disagrees with you. Kyle Shanahan disagrees with you. Are they related to Darnold. Matt Lafluer thought Sam would do well in his offense. Are all these people just stupid. Or perhaps, tbey could be more privy to information than you or i. 

14 minutes ago, genot said:

You have avoided all of the valid arguments made by posters, analysts, NFL players, that Darnold in the proper surroundings has to ability to be a quality QB. You're quick dismissal of those arguments is a way to avoid the potential reality, that you're wrong. Or could be wrong. That's why some of you want him to fail in Carolina. It would be vindication for you. An other way to avoid the potential reality of him turning it around in Carolina. It's always been that way. I never started these post Darnold threads. Obviously people still need to talk about him. 

This is my 30,378th post on this website.

Trust me, I wish I could avoid an argument every now and again.

I've countered the arguments many times.  You simply don't like my arguments because they don't sit with your worldview that "It's everyone else's fault."

And, as for the talking heads, their job is to generate conversation.  Do you think Tony Kornheiser and Michael Wilbon disagreed on every topic ever presented?  Is that an actual belief you have?  It's television, or radio, or whatever you're following.  They're taking sides that generate conversation.

When you strip away all the nonsense, the platitudes, and everything else, you're left with a handful of facts:

Fact: Sam Darnold has been statistically the worst QB in the NFL for 3 years.

Fact: Sam Darnold is the 2nd worst QB in the NFL over the past 3 years from a clean pocket.

Fact: Sam Darnold's team decided they'd seen enough, and did not think it was worth keeping him for another year at a modest salary.

Fact: The best offer the New York Jets received was highlighted by a 2nd round pick NEXT year.

Fact: Jetsbb is apparently upset he didn't get a thank you note.

Everything else is decoration.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, genot said:

Joe Brady disagrees with you. Kyle Shanahan disagrees with you. Are they related to Darnold. Matt Lafluer thought Sam would do well in his offense. Are all these people just stupid. Or perhaps, tbey could be more privy to information than you or i. 

I disagree with you.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I mean, to start a tread about "classy goodbyes" and then immediately go to Jamal Adams as an example... 

The Crows Lol GIF

I posted the farewell from Jamal not as an example of a "classy goodbye" but as a rebuttal to those saying "Well of course he wouldn't do that because of how badly he was treated here!!1!"

Now, I was totally onboard with Jamal being traded and his antics brought a lot of the fans anger on himself HOWEVER if you were to compare the two situations, I think it would be hard to argue that Sam didn't leave us on better terms than Jamal did. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

This is my 30,378th post on this website.

Trust me, I wish I could avoid an argument every now and again.

I've countered the arguments many times.  You simply don't like my arguments because they don't sit with your worldview that "It's everyone else's fault."

And, as for the talking heads, their job is to generate conversation.  Do you think Tony Kornheiser and Michael Wilbon disagreed on every topic ever presented?  Is that an actual belief you have?  It's television, or radio, or whatever you're following.  They're taking sides that generate conversation.

When you strip away all the nonsense, the platitudes, and everything else, you're left with a handful of facts:

Fact: Sam Darnold has been statistically the worst QB in the NFL for 3 years.

Fact: Sam Darnold is the 2nd worst QB in the NFL over the past 3 years from a clean pocket.

Fact: Sam Darnold's team decided they'd seen enough, and did not think it was worth keeping him for another year at a modest salary.

Fact: The best offer the New York Jets received was highlighted by a 2nd round pick NEXT year.

Fact: Jetsbb is apparently upset he didn't get a thank you note.

Everything else is decoration.

Im not arguing with you. I'm surprised you would think that. It's just a different point of view. The same thing we've debated about. Has been debated plenty outside this forum. I have the utmost respect for your views and the views of most every body here. I get frustrated by the name calling and the disregard some people here have for the football people who don't share thier view.

Just now, genot said:

Im not arguing with you. I'm surprised you would think that. It's just a different point of view. The same thing we've debated about. Has been debated plenty outside this forum. I have the utmost respect for your views and the views of most every body here. I get frustrated by the name calling and the disregard some people here have for the football people who don't share thier view.

I didn't mean "argument" in a negative way.  I meant it in the differing perspectives way.

Doctors Hug GIF by NBC

3 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Kyle Shanahan is so high on Sam Darnold that rather than trading a 2nd round pick this year for him, he traded 3 1st round picks to take the 3rd QB available in this draft.

Matt Lafluer's team just traded away Sam Darnold.

Those are the things we know.  The stuff you're talking about is things you think you know.

Teams called the Jet's wanting to know about his availability. At the time, Sam wasn't available, and they moved on.I believe JD said this himself. Not about what teams called, but about when they decided to hear offers.

2 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Kyle Shanahan is so high on Sam Darnold that rather than trading a 2nd round pick this year for him, he traded 3 1st round picks to take the 3rd QB available in this draft.

Those are the things we know.  The stuff you're talking about is things you think you know.

You could argue that Shanahan and the 49ers liked Darnold but with the way JD was operating, they didn't have the time to wait around and some other team would have beat them to the 3rd pick. 

I'm sort of bitter though, because I wish Douglas took the trade down and loaded up on draft capital.

3 minutes ago, genot said:

SlimyNeatDeer-size_restricted.gif

7 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I think the reason this whole thing took so long was that nobody was offering anything for darnold.  And if carolina had somehow traded for desean, there may really have been no takers at all.