Sam Darnold elects not to thank Jets fans like most athletes do.

45 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I did not mind trading down from 2.  However, even if I traded down from 2, I would have traded Darnold.

One scenario not discussed ever, really.  The two are not mutually exclusive.  The jets could have still traded darnold and traded back to say, the 4-6 range.  

• Sympathy 1

This team ruined is career. Don’t blame him a bit. He might have been a bust here no matter what we did but he had zero chance here. Mayfield, allen and Jackson have been been given all the tools needed to be successful.... Sam got Robby Anderson, lev bell, gase and a trash o line. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

5 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Oh I fully agree, I remember my parents railing about The Beatles.

But it just seems to devolving more and more and getting worse and worse.  

I mean, who would have thought that Mr. Potato Head would get cancelled? 

No, but my great grandparents didn't think segregation would 'get cancelled' either. 

• Thumb Down 1

I don't think it was warranted.  Really.  Think about it.  There wasn't any good moments to hang onto.  It wasn't like he led us to a AFC Championship game or even the playoffs.  Not like he showed up at local bars led to a lot of fan sing alongs (cept for maybe a one time hook up with a "fan that led to a bad dose.)  He never bad mouthed the organization and we never burned him in effigy.  Both parties were ready to move on and wanted an out as quickly as possible... without drama.

(yeah, that last sentence never applies to real life, does it?)

19 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

8 likes. Jets fans are masochist. They literally hate themselves.

Disrespect and contempt are dished out in a great many comments.  Why would you be surprised it comes back the other way?

1 hour ago, genot said:

You have avoided all of the valid arguments made by posters, analysts, NFL players, that Darnold in the proper surroundings has to ability to be a quality QB. You're quick dismissal of those arguments is a way to avoid the potential reality, that you're wrong. Or could be wrong. That's why some of you want him to fail in Carolina. It would be vindication for you. An other way to avoid the potential reality of him turning it around in Carolina. It's always been that way. I never started these post Darnold threads. Obviously people still need to talk about him. 

the analysts and players dont know anything.

they didnt watch every single play sam was in...we did. 

1 hour ago, genot said:

Joe Brady disagrees with you. Kyle Shanahan disagrees with you. Are they related to Darnold. Matt Lafluer thought Sam would do well in his offense. Are all these people just stupid. Or perhaps, tbey could be more privy to information than you or i. 

i dont remember seeing any coach badmouth any player. that goes for the analysts too.

i wonder what they all said about Josh Rosen

14 hours ago, Jack Necroto said:

It makes sense. He was stabbed in the back. What do want him to say. He loved being a Jet. 

Thanking the fans is to much to ask? You know the ones who bought his jersey and rooted for him like crazy for three years.

• Post of the Week 1

14 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

Uh cheering Darnold for not thanking the Jets fans. Like you literally hate yourself?

The first thing that came to my mind after reading your "point" was that scene in Bad Santa, when that lady with her kid interrupt Billy Bob Thornton when he's eating lunch and she say "I'm going to report you to the manager" and he replies "Lady do you think you can make my life suck any worse? Go ahead, give it a shot."

13 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Not enough to go trolling on twitter for athletes who didn't say goodbye to me

No. Enough to be happy an athlete you dedicated three years of your life cheering for and buying his jerseys couldn't spend 2 minutes doing the classy thing of thanking you for it. Yay screw me I don't deserve it says Jets fan excitedly in this thread. So weird.

3 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

No. Enough to be happy an athlete you dedicated three years of your life cheering for and buying his jerseys couldn't spend 2 minutes doing the classy thing of thanking you for it. Yay screw me I don't deserve it says Jets fan excitedly in this thread. So weird.

You bought a Darnold Jersey? And he didn't say goodbye to you? LOL 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

I guess when you validated this thread by pointing out the number of responses it would generate these weren't the type you were hoping for.

No one cares if Sam writes a goodbye note to us or not.  

23 hours ago, genot said:

Im sure if Sam has communicated with the Jet's future QB, he's communicated privately with a bunch if his ex teammate's. The organization and a large number of the fan base, doesn't deserve that kind of courtesy. He was handled as poorly as any potential FQB can be handled. The Jet's did nothing to make his transition to the NFL a smooth one Nothing.

Except for the millions of dollars.