Draft Offensive Lineman

TMAC

The Jets are making the Joe burrow mistake all over again 

They are going to draft a regular looking one year wonder dude start him week 1 and hang him out to dry with no weapons or line... then we will be shocked (shocked) when his body is explodes by week 10

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 10
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Yeah bums like cam Clark in Rd 4

Jd needs the McGovern and Fant signings to look good 

Wait, just yesterday weren't you essentially saying other than sewel and slater they all sucked?  I must have misunderstood your posts.

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, bitonti said:

They are going to draft a regular looking one year wonder dude start him week 1 and hang him out to dry with no weapons or line... then we will be shocked (shocked) when his body is explodes by week 10

they have legit wrs, maybe no star but there's size, speed and production.  maybe you should wait to complain about the OL after the draft.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Wait, just yesterday weren't you essentially saying other than sewel and slater they all sucked?  I must have misunderstood your posts.

I did not say sucked, I said they are not going to be instant week 1 starters 

Jets Fans want their cake and eat it too

They have a premium pick qb and are going to surround him with Becton and 4 bums 

JD thinks feeney and Fant are just fine 

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

each team fields 5 starting OL, and there's lots of injuries.  many rookies start, and guys like clark who don't have experience.  there's guys who suck on one team that make on others like ducasse.  you're not going to have can't miss prospects at every position.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

each team fields 5 starting OL, and there's lots of injuries.  many rookies start, and guys like clark who don't have experience.  there's guys who suck on one team that make on others like ducasse.  you're not going to have can't miss prospects at every position.

I am aware of every teams starting 5. The jets are among the worst. They have Becton and that's basically it. 

They can find a qb they can rebuild the line, but they probably won't be able to do both in the same draft 

Unless the decide to trade up because a Waddle or Smith can be had for a reasonable price, I want the Jets to use the 23rd pick on either a top Guard/RT prospect or one of the primo Center guys. If they trade up then use the 34th pick for the OL.

Also, would not be upset if the go OL at 23 and take Etienne at 34.

Make Saleh use his Defensive acumen to coach up the D, spend the premium capital on the O!!!

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

23 hours ago, bitonti said:

Yeah but if our OL isn’t crap how else are we going to make excuses for Wilson?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

23 hours ago, Jetty said:

Our 2nd pick in the first will 1000% be a OL. 

I hope so but JD may have to violate one of his most closely held draft rules to make that happen.  There’s a pretty good chance that the four or five best guys available at #23 are not offensive linemen. JD will have to reach, which will make him sick to his stomach.

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

Watching the Jets self destruct every fall is like pooping in the shower

?Deeerrr uh what kind of fan are you? Predicting they won't be good? How dare you? This is the alter of the jets we worship a 2 win team and treat them like they won 12 for no real reason. Stockholm syndrome maybe 

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

?Deeerrr uh what kind of fan are you? Predicting they won't be good? How dare you? This is the alter of the jets we worship a 2 win team and treat them like they won 12 for no real reason. Stockholm syndrome maybe 

I’m telling you by next October it will be Suck for Sam Howell

• Haha 1

Jets Fans want their cake and eat it too

They have a premium pick qb and are going to surround him with Becton and 4 bums 

JD thinks feeney and Fant are just fine 

I thought you said Sewel was a cant miss, generational, will start from day one and be a fixture on the OL for 10 years?  You never came close to saying Sewel wouldnt start.  

I guess you've been influenced by his drop in peoples rankings

When did JD tell you that Feeney and Fant are just fine?  The same Fant that would keep a Sewe from starting at RT?  LOL

Just now, Jet Nut said:

I thought you said Sewel was a cant miss, generational, will start from day one and be a fixture on the OL for 10 years?

I guess you've been influenced by his drop in peoples rankings

That crow tastes so good.  Sewell had the same 40 time as Brick despite weighing 35 lbs heavier.  

• Upvote 1

You think burrows acl wouldnt have torn If he was bigger? 

You should stay in the bathroom and not post again until the draft is over. That way your posts won't look so idiotic after Joe addresses the offensive line in the draft.

• Upvote 1

FA and the Draft work together. 

We just went through a FA where there were few good OL available and a team 2 years out from the SB paid the top G record money.   That team is also picking 31st, before the Jets at 34, and will likely pick up another OL (my guess the best T) before the Jets pick at 34.

Right now there are multiple CBs still available in FA, and JD thought it worth it to sign a guy like Dan Feeney for over $1mm.

So, if I am a team drafting 10-22, I am prioritizing an OL, because it is a priority position in today's NFL.   That means that my guess is that it would be unlikely that an OL would be the BPA at 23, which would short circuit a draft guru like JD.

The good news is that FA also saw WR as a premium position, with many WRs drafted below the 1st round getting franchised or signed for big money.  So if I am a GM, I am looking to draft WR as well.

In the third round and below, which is where Thuney and other good Gs were picked, there should be opportunity, but they often take longer to get adjusted. 

So, like in so many years, I am not expecting to walk away from the draft thinking that the Jets have filled their holes.   We actually thought Mac finally filled holes with Polite and Edoga, and look at how that ended up.  

Just now, bitonti said:

I think the Bengals should have drafted a line before drafting the franchise qb 

They did it backwards 

You don’t get to put items in your shopping cart in the order you want to.  The bengals were picking first, we know how hard it is to tank to get that 1st pick.  Bottom line, if your team sucks at drafting over time you’re going to need every position from qb to OL to wr to pass rusher.  If you were the gm of the jets and didn’t take a qb at 2 you would ultimately be fired b/c the team would not get better quickly enough and you’d be considered a wimpy gm for not swinging with all these qbs here.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I think the Bengals should have drafted a line before drafting the franchise qb 

They did it backwards 

Took a minute to look it up---

Cincinnati drafted back to back tackles in round 1 and 2, in 2015

a center in round 1 2018

a guard in round 1 in 2019

• Upvote 3