Draft Prospects & RAS scores; who's hot

17 hours ago, Cbucco19 said:

Would love to trade done a few spots , get an extra 2nd or 3rd and pick Toney and Creed Humphrey. Any interest in Brady Christensen or Dax miline to reunite with Zach ? @football guy

I didn't hear their names mentioned, but it wouldn't shock me if the Jets selected one of them. One thing that was told to me a long time ago is that when teams are scouting QBs, especially from small schools, it often results in teams "falling in love" with some of their teammates when they pop off the tape, and given how much excessive homework that's done on the QB, they tend to get a lot of info on his teammates too. So absolutely wouldn't shock me if we came away with 2 BYU guys. Also important to note that Douglas has strong ties to BYU dating back to his Baltimore days. 

I was out with my big Jets plug for HH so once she got a little tipsy I was like give me the info lol. All the names I mentioned in the other thread were the crux of who was mentioned. They met with Ronnie Perkins all 5 allowable times (virtually) which tells me they have to be really interested in him. I'd also add that if you can find an oddsmaker whose willing to take money on player-to-team match bet, put money on Tommy Tremble ending up with the Jets

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, football guy said:

I didn't hear their names mentioned, but it wouldn't shock me if the Jets selected one of them. One thing that was told to me a long time ago is that when teams are scouting QBs, especially from small schools, it often results in teams "falling in love" with some of their teammates when they pop off the tape, and given how much excessive homework that's done on the QB, they tend to get a lot of info on his teammates too. So absolutely wouldn't shock me if we came away with 2 BYU guys. Also important to note that Douglas has strong ties to BYU dating back to his Baltimore days. 

I was out with my big Jets plug for HH so once she got a little tipsy I was like give me the info lol. All the names I mentioned in the other thread were the crux of who was mentioned. They met with Ronnie Perkins all 5 allowable times (virtually) which tells me they have to be really interested in him. I'd also add that if you can find an oddsmaker whose willing to take money on player-to-team match bet, put money on Tommy Tremble ending up with the Jets

Who are the other guys you mentioned ? Can’t find the other thread

10 minutes ago, football guy said:

A little bit of a bummer about the BYU thing. I feel like that supporting cast stuff means he makes them look good or they’re making him look good and I think you’re going to bat .500 one way or another.

The Tommy Tremble thing? Not a bummer. I think he’s a perfect fit.

The trend last year was RAS with the first four picks and the last five were captains. I think Brugler’s guide decent source for the captains - will see if it helps give a feel for late round targets.

There are some early RAS/captain double dip options too. Paye, Cosmi, Humphrey, and Basham jump out though I am sure there are more.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, football guy said:

@football guyI been talking about Tremble for months . The guy blocks like he loves it ! He also wasn’t used at Notre Dame as a receiving threat and some team is going to get a steal. He will be a better pro then college player !! He has athletic ability . This made me happy :)

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, derp said:

A little bit of a bummer about the BYU thing. I feel like that supporting cast stuff means he makes them look good or they’re making him look good and I think you’re going to bat .500 one way or another.

The Tommy Tremble thing? Not a bummer. I think he’s a perfect fit.

The trend last year was RAS with the first four picks and the last five were captains. I think Brugler’s guide decent source for the captains - will see if it helps give a feel for late round targets.

There are some early RAS/captain double dip options too. Paye, Cosmi, Humphrey, and Basham jump out though I am sure there are more.

Tremble and Perkins are 2 of the guys who the Jets met with several times. Tremble would seem like a natural fit as an HB/TE hybrid.

Tremble isn’t for everyone, but teams look at him as a guy who is raw but has the kind of athletic upside to be a versatile TE who can block and has the athletic profile to be a receiving TE. I think the Jets are among the teams who value him a lot more because they know he’ll projects as an elite HB right now, and if he develops into a receiving threat as a TE then it’s gravy. 

The Jets made an “undisclosed” massive offer to Juszczyk prior to free agency (??), and that offer was something similar to what SF gave him per year. Tremble would fit in that role perfectly. If they don’t land him I think they’ll sign a random guy to compete with Wesco, but I have a feeling the Jets land him somehow.  

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, football guy said:

Tremble and Perkins are 2 of the guys who the Jets met with several times. Tremble would seem like a natural fit as an HB/TE hybrid.

Tremble isn’t for everyone, but teams look at him as a guy who is raw but has the kind of athletic upside to be a versatile TE who can block and has the athletic profile to be a receiving TE. I think the Jets are among the teams who value him a lot more because they know he’ll projects as an elite HB right now, and if he develops into a receiving threat as a TE then it’s gravy. 

The Jets made an “undisclosed” massive offer to Juszczyk prior to free agency (??), and that offer was something similar to what SF gave him per year. Tremble would fit in that role perfectly. If they don’t land him I think they’ll sign a random guy to compete with Wesco, but I have a feeling the Jets land him somehow.  

Would love this pick, especially with one of our 3rds.

We can’t count on Herndon, and our TE depth is garbage. Tremble would be a nice mismatch piece.

23 hours ago, Paradis said:

I'm afraid to be hopeful, but the Jets sent people down to see him at the proday and they were one of 4-5 teams who were "clearly" interested in Zach. Cross you fingers. 

In my simulated mocks I've drafted Davidson in the 5th round and hope Jets do the same.  He was almost never available in later rounds.  He's definitely getting noticed.    

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, GreenReaper said:

In my simulated mocks I've drafted Davidson in the 5th round and hope Jets do the same.  He was almost never available in later rounds.  He's definitely getting noticed.    

Interesting. He wasn’t even on the map 2-3 months ago - at least to the average draftnik. 

safe to say he’s going to be a name on a few team’s board. Here’s hoping. 

3 hours ago, football guy said:

Tremble isn’t for everyone, but teams look at him as a guy who is raw but has the kind of athletic upside to be a versatile TE who can block and has the athletic profile to be a receiving TE. 

He should be. 

not sure why I didn’t spend any time on him until recently (I think I just got turned off the whole TE class after Pitts/Freier)... but yes he’s tailor made for this offense. Trey Burton is FA who would do similar things.

Functionally, Tremble is a lot like Hernandez; Basically lining up everywhere off the line. Joker/H-Back in addition to operating as the F-type TE. Hern was just naturally gifted at the sport and I see Tremble relying more on his athleticism but not so much so that I wouldn’t take a chance late day 2, early day 3... 

not sure if many of you remember James Casey from Rice, played for HOU for a few years - he was the last closest thing before Juzcszik to an true H-Back, playing mostly as a hybrid FB/TE. Tremble reminds of Casey, but a better athlete. 

Summary scores from last years draft class.  We certainly seemed to value athleticism with the day 1 and day 2 picks.  Davis liekly would have tested well, but he was injured, as was Hall.

Link Player Pos School Rd Pick Team RAS
Link Mekhi Becton OT Louisville 1 11 Jets 9.85
Link Denzel Mims WR Baylor 2 59 Jets 9.77
Link Jabari Zuniga DE Florida 3 79 Jets 9.74
Link Braden Mann PK Texas A&M 6 191 Jets 7.19
Link La'Mical Perine RB Florida 4 120 Jets 5.31
Link Cameron Clark OT Charlotte 4 129 Jets 4.31
Link James Morgan QB Florida International 4 125 Jets 3.88
Link Ashtyn Davis SS California 3 68 Jets  
Link Bryce Hall CB Virginia 5 158 Jets  
  • Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, Lith said:

Summary scores from last years draft class.  We certainly seemed to value athleticism with the day 1 and day 2 picks.  Davis liekly would have tested well, but he was injured, as was Hall.

Link Player Pos School Rd Pick Team RAS
Link Mekhi Becton OT Louisville 1 11 Jets 9.85
Link Denzel Mims WR Baylor 2 59 Jets 9.77
Link Jabari Zuniga DE Florida 3 79 Jets 9.74
Link Braden Mann PK Texas A&M 6 191 Jets 7.19
Link La'Mical Perine RB Florida 4 120 Jets 5.31
Link Cameron Clark OT Charlotte 4 129 Jets 4.31
Link James Morgan QB Florida International 4 125 Jets 3.88
Link Ashtyn Davis SS California 3 68 Jets  
Link Bryce Hall CB Virginia 5 158 Jets  

Oh Gee, ,look who stunk from that draft.   ......   ?

• Haha 2

Great work on all this draft stuff @Paradis

Really hope the Jets focus on high ras players/captains. Obviously no one wants athletes that can't play. But guys early round players need to be very good athletes. You need potential pro bowlers in the first few rounds. 

I know its only a wet dream but man I would be so pumped to land Jenkins at 23 and Humphrey at 34. Would set our line for years and both are captains/good athletes. 

• Upvote 2

On 4/9/2021 at 2:54 PM, Paradis said:

I think you're right. I don't recall exactly where i read/heard this - but i believe there's perceived value in RAS from JD and his team. 

I posted the RAS during the draft and it was flat out amazing match to what JD was doing until he took Morgan, that is.  

• Upvote 1

On 4/9/2021 at 3:55 PM, Paradis said:

Jabari-Zuniga-RAS-19387.png?w=806&ssl=1

The problem with Zuniga is the mental speed with which he plays the game.  Seems to diagnose things slowly which really mutes the benefits a high RAS would give him.  It's like a cornerback who has great speed but takes bad angles.  I'm still hopeful he can develop but his recognition and instincts really need to improve and that dial, while it can moved a bit, usually can't be moved a ton even with great coaching.  Some guys have a nose for the football and can't smell a run play before the ball is snapped.  Zuniga seems to recognize plays as well as Helen Keller could right now.... but he's athletic! :)

• Upvote 3

On 4/10/2021 at 12:49 PM, football guy said:

Hello?  Wow.  I didn't know that.

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

Hello?  Wow.  I didn't know that.

Juszczyk pretty much confirmed it at his press conference as well. When asked if he received offers from teams like the Jets prior to free agency, he said something along the lines of "no I didn't receive offers because I didn't become a free agent" followed by an elaborate wink. Jets people pretty much confirmed they were prepared to offer him $6m/yr. 

On 4/9/2021 at 4:02 PM, Paradis said:

lol Spencer Brown... the best out of any OT since 1987

He's #1 out of 1109... haha insane! The Panthers have 2 very intriguing prospects this year. 

Marshall and him would be gold for me, also the jets have to gtfo with those slow ass DE's they have been doing this sh*t for at least a decade right now and it didn't work **** Ronnie perkins and everything he represents

• Upvote 1

On 4/9/2021 at 3:05 PM, slats said:

Once the season is over, this should be the draft forum. Especially now, this close to the draft. It’s what we’re talking about. You nerds can go back in your closet after it’s done. 

image.gif.9761e282b6b51af0648bfbf17f151191.gif

• Upvote 1