I have not yet seen a "Thank you Sam Darnold" thread, so here it is!!

Alka

26 minutes ago, Alka said:

As a devoted Jets fan for 52 years and running, I want to thank Sam Darnold for his 3 years of service to our NY Jets.  He was always professional on and off the field, never threw his teammates or his coaches under the bus, although I truly wish he had.

As he was getting pummeled on the battlefield on the gridiron, surrounded by players that couldn't protect him (32nd rated offensive line in protecting the QB), wide receivers who couldn't get open most of the time, a 38 year old running back who never fumbled but never really helped, and a coaching staff who should never have been allowed to coach Sam or this team.

Sam took his lumps game after game, and only blamed himself when things didn't go well.  He never blamed anyone else.

And what did Sam publicly say he wanted?  He said that he wanted to be a Jet for his entire career!  

I was a fan of Sam Darnold, and I will always root for Sam to succeed.  He never got a chance here with the Jets, and he deserved so much more than this team or the fans in general were able to give him in terms of support.

What did Sam say to the fans of NY when he got traded?  Absolutely nothing!  

Thank you again Sam for saying nothing, because there really isn't anything good to say, is there?  

Sam could have scorched the team for the years of non-support, but he stayed silent.  Because a guy as classy as Sam Darnold will not lie and say something that wasn't true, and Sam understands that when you don't have anything good to say, it is better to not say anything.

What is remarkable to me is that he was 20 years old when he arrived at the Jets, and is now only 23 years old, but he has exhibited wisdom beyond his years, and I applaud him for that.

I thank you Sam Darnold, and truly wish you success in the future!!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

Agreed.  Sadly our organization did nothing to help him unlike The Bills, Browns, Chiefs, etc who all  built around their young QBs and gave them actual nfl coaches.  I wish him luck and think he is in a good situation now.  Hopefully we don’t make the same mistake with our next rookie QB Luckily Douglas seems to know what he is doing 

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Agreed.  Sadly our organization did nothing to help him unlike The Bills, Browns, Chiefs, etc who all  built around their young QBs and gave them actual nfl coaches.  I wish him luck and think he is in a good situation now.  Hopefully we don’t make the same mistake with our next rookie QB Luckily Douglas seems to know what he is doing 

I agree that the organization gave Sam no support, but even though I was a JD fan now I'm not so sure. Last year was his first full year in charge, and between FA and the draft he left Sam with the worst OL in the league, not a single (well, maybe Crowder) decent WR, no TE and a 38 year old running back. And now he dumps Sam because of last year's performance? For a college QB who had one good year in college against total scrub competition.

I hope when we play Carolina this year Sam kicks our butts and really sticks it to JD.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I thought you were the one.  

I wish they gave you some support.  

You appear to be a good man and I wish you health and happiness.

Selfishly though, I hope you lose every game next year to improve our pick.  

Obviously I would want a better pick but I think Carolina is on the upswing so that pick will probably be in the mid to late 40’s which isn’t bad 

45 minutes ago, Alka said:

As a devoted Jets fan for 52 years and running, I want to thank Sam Darnold for his 3 years of service to our NY Jets.  He was always professional on and off the field, never threw his teammates or his coaches under the bus, although I truly wish he had.

As he was getting pummeled on the battlefield on the gridiron, surrounded by players that couldn't protect him (32nd rated offensive line in protecting the QB), wide receivers who couldn't get open most of the time, a 38 year old running back who never fumbled but never really helped, and a coaching staff who should never have been allowed to coach Sam or this team.

Sam took his lumps game after game, and only blamed himself when things didn't go well.  He never blamed anyone else.

And what did Sam publicly say he wanted?  He said that he wanted to be a Jet for his entire career!  

I was a fan of Sam Darnold, and I will always root for Sam to succeed.  He never got a chance here with the Jets, and he deserved so much more than this team or the fans in general were able to give him in terms of support.

Thank you again Sam for saying nothing, because there really isn't anything good to say, is there?  

Sam could have scorched the team for the years of non-support, but he stayed silent.  Because a guy as classy as Sam Darnold will not lie and say something that wasn't true, and Sam understands that when you don't have anything good to say, it is better to not say anything.

What is remarkable to me is that he was 20 years old when he arrived at the Jets, and is now only 23 years old, but he has exhibited wisdom beyond his years, and I applaud him for that.

PS good riddance you filthy animal ? 

• Thumb Down 2

Thanks for what? 

"Thanks Sam, for missing those games with Mono. Thanks for making it clear early, against Mayfield, that you were NOT going to be competitive. Thanks for getting a spoiled teenage loser's disease "mono" to miss games. Thanks for treating the Jets, and their fans, like you really didn't give a sh*t about winning or playing or competing against elite competition."

Is that what we're supposed to thank him for?

I'm sorry, this thread makes me want to vomit.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

7 minutes ago, phill1c said:

Thanks for what? 

"Thanks Sam, for missing those games with Mono. Thanks for making it clear early, against Mayfield, that you were NOT going to be competitive. Thanks for getting a spoiled teenage loser's disease "mono" to miss games. Thanks for treating the Jets, and their fans, like you really didn't give a sh*t about winning or playing or competing against elite competition."

giphy.gif.1d68b5468f93cf600d87efc04e85c2d7.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, phill1c said:

Thanks for what? 

Thanks to Sam Darnold we got the only QB worse than him in the NFL at the time to play QB for the NY Jets. 

image.png.939c36e317ab58932f9e7915dea246ad.png

• WTF? 1

goodbye GIFSad Mixedish GIF by ABC Network

Multimillionaire. Check

19 million option picked up. Check

Still just 23. Check

Yeah, let's give thanks for a guy who threw a pick six his first pass and then caught mono. Aside from not getting into trouble those are his noteworthy accomplishments. Did the Jets help him much? No, JD started to (LT and WR are JD's first draft picks), but too little too late after the first two years... Did Sam inspire much faith despite his situation? No, he consistently made the same mistakes year three he was making previously. I owe more thanks to the local cashier for scanning their coupon card when I forget mine than I do Sam. I know what will make me feel better let's draft a CB at #23.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Alka said:

giphy.gif

I thank Wayne.  Cotch.  Marvin.  Victor Green.  Klecko.  Mo Lewis (no snarky remarks please, yeah we all know.)  Toon.  Aaron Glenn.  Bryan Thomas.  D'Brick.  Mangold.  Byrd.

Darnold is a cotton ball.  His ceiling is Matt Hasselbeck.  Buh-bye...