Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

I think Davis will start at MLB and Moseley will get traded during or post draft for a 7th round conditional pick. He really doesn't fit the system as an off the ball linebacker and he's been away 2 years. I think the Jets will cut their losses and move on at this point since JD didn't sign him. It would free up an additional $1.5 million this year and $13 million in 2022.

No one's taking on that contract for a guy who hasn't played in 2 years. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jethead said:

Disagree. Moseley fits just fine. He's an all-pro linebacker, arguably our most accomplished defensive player. No reason to assume he is anything but eager to come back, under 30, never missed a snap until his flukey injury. Jets would be crazy to dump him in a fit of mean spiritedness. If he sucks and can't play anymore that's different, but we won't know that from training camp. Could be like adding another first rounder to our defense.

It has nothing to do with "mean spiritedness". He's coming off a serious injury to his groin and has been away 2 years. He's never played in this style of defense and was never the quickest guy at his position to begin with. Plus, the Jets have been trying to shed older, he'll be 29, expensive veterans since JD got here. There is a difference of $8 million in savings if they trade him now or wait to cut him after the season. It's a huge financial risk that I don't think JD is going to take on a guy who has been away 2 years and coming off a serious injury. It's not personal. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, choon328 said:

It has nothing to do with "mean spiritedness". He's coming off a serious injury to his groin and has been away 2 years. He's never played in this style of defense and was never the quickest guy at his position to begin with. Plus, the Jets have been trying to shed older, he'll be 29, expensive veterans since JD got here. There is a difference of $8 million in savings if they trade him now or wait to cut him after the season. It's a huge financial risk that I don't think JD is going to take on a guy who has been away 2 years and coming off a serious injury. It's not personal. 

If JD wont take the financial risk then who will?

He's staying because he's untradeable. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

No one's taking on that contract for a guy who hasn't played in 2 years. 

He's got 2 years left with any guaranteed money. $6 million cap hit if traded in 2021 and only $8 million guaranteed next year. He can be cut after that with no dead money. The Rams, Packers,  Giants and Broncos all still need an ILB. As long as his medical check out I can see him being traded. There's not a ton of financial risk for the team trading for him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

If JD wont take the financial risk then who will?

He's staying because he's untradeable. 

Teams that are ready to win and can take a financial risk on a veteran player. The Jets are not near ready to win and the risk for them financially makes zero sense. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2021 at 10:53 AM, KRL said:

Good schematic article.  I'm sure Saleh/Ulbrich will have wrinkles, but based
on the player responsibilities the CB's won't be as "stressed" as in a man to
man defense.  Therefore we may not be looking for a CB that early:

http://insidethepylon.com/football-101/glossary-football-101/2015/12/09/itp-glossary-cover-3/#:~:text=Cover 3 is a zone,or dime- backs) underneath.

This is why I've had my eye on guys like Trill Williams, Paulson Adebo, Benjamin St. Juste rather then the top tier guys. This is great news for us as we should be able to draft o-line with our higher picks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2021 at 10:53 AM, KRL said:

Good schematic article.  I'm sure Saleh/Ulbrich will have wrinkles, but based
on the player responsibilities the CB's won't be as "stressed" as in a man to
man defense.  Therefore we may not be looking for a CB that early:

http://insidethepylon.com/football-101/glossary-football-101/2015/12/09/itp-glossary-cover-3/#:~:text=Cover 3 is a zone,or dime- backs) underneath.

 

I agree. Also it seems most use the SS to come down for extra run support if needed. I dont see anyone on the roster who could really do that the way Chancelor and Neal did. Also OLB seems to be a weakness. I could see a tweener SS/OLB or two picked this draft.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...