Josh McCown thinks Zach Wilson has a higher ceiling and a better upside than Trevor Lawrence

Not for nothing but until the pick is actually made there’s no way of knowing what it will be. Granted Wilson at this point is the odds on favorite but say the niners also want Wilson and trade the three pick plus garapollo?  I’m sure there are other trade scenarios with teams picking in the top 10.  The thing is, these aren’t drafting top ten because of stellar QBs play.

2 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Not for nothing but until the pick is actually made there’s no way of knowing what it will be. Granted Wilson at this point is the odds on favorite but say the niners also want Wilson and trade the three pick plus garapollo?  I’m sure there are other trade scenarios with teams picking in the top 10.  The thing is, these aren’t drafting top ten because of stellar QBs play.

If the niners offer us that trade JD would be an idiot for not accepting it within 2 seconds

1 hour ago, flgreen said:

Well, that's at least 3 of us that agree.  :) 

Don't think Lawrence is bad or anything, just don't think he's the "generaltional QB" he was advertised as.

Have to say I'm really all in on Wilson.  Except for his "narrow frame" really can't find much in his game I don't like.   Wanted to really like Fields because of his body type, but IMO Wilson moved way ahead of him.  

We have to stop worrying about Wilson's frame. If any other QB is an inch taller and even 15 pounds more depending on how they get hit or stumble out of bounds like Garrapalo they are going to get hurt maybe badly too. Sure Fields is stocky, but he can get hurt as well as many smaller QBs especially if he relies on running downfield too much in the NFL.

3 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

We have to stop worrying about Wilson's frame. If any other QB is an inch taller and even 15 pounds more depending on how they get hit or stumble out of bounds like Garrapalo they are going to get hurt maybe badly too. Sure Fields is stocky, but he can get hurt as well as many smaller QBs especially if he relies on running downfield too much in the NFL.

The frame is an issue because it could affect Wilson’s durability going forward 

Wilson’s frame reminds me of Brodie Croyle (remember that clown?)

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, jetsrule1969 said:

I'll take Chris Simms opinion on the topic more seriously but it's interesting that Josh McCown agrees that Wilson is a better

prospect than Lawrence!!! I trust the new coaching staff and it's encouraging that they have focused on Wilson as well.

7. No Joshing: A week ago in this space, former Jets quarterback Josh McCown said his hope was Darnold would get a chance to redeem himself under the new coaching staff. We know that's not going to happen. At the same time, McCown proclaimed himself a Wilson fan.

"I don't think it's a bad pick," McCown said. "I think he has a higher ceiling and a better upside than Trevor Lawrence, personally. I like him a little better."

Oh sh!t boyz...we’re getting a dawg

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

I know, fans looking at YouTube videos in their kitchens ranking QBs based on faces, headbands, etc are my go to's

How about fans suggesting Saleh LaFleur, JD and Calabrese are not putting in hours studying tape, talking to everyone that knows him, fully vetting him but rather just buying into the “hype” machine put out by Zach’s “PR team”. 

JD: “So guys, what do you think? He really seems to be climbing up the boards, screw it, let’s just take him.”

LaFleur: “I heard about these “heel clicks” or whatever they are but how about that one throw during his pro day! Even Trevor gave it a “yeesh! tweet”.”

Saleh: “You guys are the offensive experts but he does look good on his YouTube highlights”.

Calabrese: “YouTube highlight are all I need to see, we gotta take him. Especially with all these reports of other teams smarter than us trying to trade up for him.”

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

If the niners offer us that trade JD would be an idiot for not accepting it within 2 seconds

I would have taken a trade swap with SF only if JD had decided to roll with Sam. We could have traded down again or had our choice of non-QB picks. I don't want any part of Garapollo.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

I would have taken a trade swap with SF only if JD had decided to roll with Sam. We could have traded down again or had our choice of non-QB picks. I don't want any part of Garapollo.

Garropolo is better than any of the the non-Trevor Lawrence qbs in this draft

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Garropolo is better than any of the the non-Trevor Lawrence qbs in this draft

That's why I wanted a trade down haul of draft picks and to roll it again with Sam for at least one year.

But, the reality is that Wilson will be the pick and as much as I doubt he's going to be a good NFL QB I'm now 100% supporting him and hoping that I am wrong.

• Upvote 2

The Jets should be calling McCown asap and get him in here to mentor Wilson. Darnold's best year was with McCown on the sidelines. He was the best QB coach we had the whole time Sam was here. 

If Josh is done playing, give him an asst coach position. Just do what it takes to get him in the building this year.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UnknownJetFan said:

If any other QB already began to have an injury history plus surgery on his throwing shoulder BEFORE getting to the NFL, we'd be concerned about their slight frame too. 

4 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Hahahaaaaa listening to someone say they have Mac Jones the 2nd ranked QB is moronic. 

Is it? If what we hear is true the 49ers have given up their next three 1st for jones and Ourlads are one of the most respected scouting publications. I would take their opinion on a player over Josh Mcgown.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, adobolo2 said:

Is it? If what we hear is true the 49ers have given up their next three 1st for jones and Ourlads are one of the most respected scouting publications. I would take their opinion on a player over Josh Mcgown.

His entire spiel revolved Zach playing in a small town in Utah getting patted on the head and Jones playing at the highest level of competition. 

Failed to mention Alabama QBs perennially play with an NFL squad overmatching nearly all of their opponents. 

He’s AJ McCarron without the hot wife. McElroy with a beer gut. He’s not even Tua or Hurts. 

• Sympathy 1