Josh McCown thinks Zach Wilson has a higher ceiling and a better upside than Trevor Lawrence

1 hour ago, adobolo2 said:

Ourlads scouting don't like Zack Wilson to the Jets.

This may be the worst take yet. 

Wilson gets judged negatively for his competition but Mac Jones gets judged positively when he’s been surrounded by elite NFL prospects in every position? 

What a f*cking joke. Guy is a former scout for a reason I guess.

3 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I like Wilson but this is getting out of hand. Lawrence is a national champion and has beat the sh*t out of some very good teams. If we had the first pick everyone would be all over Lawrence like they are Wilson.

Maybe, I was on the TL train until I saw him play against Ohio (the only game I've seen him play). I thought JF looked great and TL looked like sh*t. So while I'd man up, jump on the wagon, and throw on the kelly green glasses if he was the pick I'd have strong reservations. TL looked like a fish out of water that game when I paid attention. This is based on one game though and I've never seen Wilson unless it was on youtube. I watched some TL throws at his pro day and his throwing motion seemed inefficient and awkward. He went deep once and had this double hitch with the ball down low that stood out as a fumble waiting to happen. Wilson had a smooth effortless motion that gets out really quick.     

3 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Maybe, I was on the TL train until I saw him play against Ohio (the only game I've seen him play). I thought JF looked great and TL looked like sh*t. So while I'd man up, jump on the wagon, and throw on the kelly green glasses if he was the pick I'd have strong reservations. TL looked like a fish out of water that game when I paid attention. This is based on one game though and I've never seen Wilson unless it was on youtube. I watched some TL throws at his pro day and his throwing motion seemed inefficient and awkward. He went deep once and had this double hitch with the ball down low that stood out as a fumble waiting to happen. Wilson had a smooth effortless motion that gets out really quick.     

Lawrence vs Ohio St was basically the same as Mahomes vs Tampa with the way his line played. I actually thought it was one of his more impressive games. He had to run for his life.

Z

Your eyes do not deceive you ... wilson is the purest passer in the draft by a mile.

TL is still the best package.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Two giants of the game concurring like this is all the evidence I need

Tbf it’s usually those fringe NFL guys that have a better eye imo. The greats are all too great to give a sh*t to notice anybody else or they’re just placating to the masses so they don’t lose their popularity. Or drunk like Namath

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Yes, drafting a 3 star recruit is a waste of time.  Who wants a 3 star QB like Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen, Baker Mayfield, Matt Ryan, Aaron Rodgers, Justin Herbert, Dak Prescott, or Russell Wilson?

We should only draft 5 stars like Christian Hackenberg.

Well, yeah, but Wilson should be three asterisks because he sucks. Take that, M***gglez

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

The username stealing troll doesn’t like Zach Wilson because he is concerned with him POTENTIALLY getting injured at the next level and the level of competition he played against in college. He then goes on to say that he loves and would like to trade for Jimmy G; a QB who has a severe injury history IN the NFL, who played lesser competition than Wilson in college.

You actually can’t make this sh*t up.

Philc1 must be a Russian bot whose sole job is to act like the biggest Jet troll in the world.

• Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I'll wait until Ty Detmer weighs in before making any decisions.

Yes and either one of the Hasselbecks!!!  Throw in Mike Tannenbaum ...Why!? Charley Casserly with his Doctor Octopus haircut!

Also Bucky Brooks who looks like he just got off a Greyhound and drank a pint of Mad Dog 20/20, and Daniel Jeremiah just cuz he talks out of one side of his mouth!

But my absolute favorites are Ian Rapoport, and Mike Garoppolo who are vying for the title of angriest little dude going bald at an alarming rate!

Side nod to Kim Jones from NFL Network who always has to say that she is.. Kim Jones from the NFL Network! Although the TV screen says Kim Jones, and she was previously announced as Kim Jones,  from the NFL Network. Let's make it very clear that she's older and less pretty than all of the other girls on NFL Network, but she wants you to know that she is Kim Jones...The One and Only from the NFL Network. Lol...

4 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

How about fans suggesting Saleh LaFleur, JD and Calabrese are not putting in hours studying tape, talking to everyone that knows him, fully vetting him but rather just buying into the “hype” machine put out by Zach’s “PR team”. 

JD: “So guys, what do you think? He really seems to be climbing up the boards, screw it, let’s just take him.”

LaFleur: “I heard about these “heel clicks” or whatever they are but how about that one throw during his pro day! Even Trevor gave it a “yeesh! tweet”.”

Saleh: “You guys are the offensive experts but he does look good on his YouTube highlights”.

Calabrese: “YouTube highlight are all I need to see, we gotta take him. Especially with all these reports of other teams smarter than us trying to trade up for him.”

One nitwit who seems to think hes a QB expert keeps whining about heel clicks, imaginary issues with his legs when passing and actually, with a strait face while typing, complains about his screwed up mechanics that lead to his accuracy issues.  

When youre a no nothing just rooting for your guy, its apparent to anyone with even half a brain

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

He is not a nat champ this year, or last.

In point of fact against the very good teams he has showed he is not 'generational'

Will he be the 1st pick in the draft no matter who is picking in the NFL?  Yeah most likely but the gap between him and the two or three other top end QBs in this draft is not nearly as large as people talked about the last few years.

Point of fact is you watched those two losses in National Championship games, his only two losses of his career and the way he played in getting to those losses and didnt go exclusively by scores of stats you saw all the throws and the poise that make people call him generational.  

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Point of fact is you watched those two losses in National Championship games, his only two losses of his career and the way he played in getting to those losses and didnt go exclusively by scores of stats you saw all the throws and the poise that make people call him generational.  

All the major QBs play on teams who are WAY better than the competition for the vast majority of their games.

Thus to see them play teams of equal talent is very telling.

Lawrence and Fields and mac jones beat the heck out of lesser lights.

Lawrence was not very impressive when they beat ohio state two years ago and then looked flat out bad when LSU bslapped them.

This past year ohio state stomped his team.

He was not 'generational' even before this year. 

Excellent QB prospect, probably deserving of the #1 pick, vastly heads above a few others in this draft?  No.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

One nitwit who seems to think hes a QB expert keeps whining about heel clicks, imaginary issues with his legs when passing and actually, with a strait face while typing, complains about his screwed up mechanics that lead to his accuracy issues.  

When youre a no nothing just rooting for your guy, its apparent to anyone with even half a brain

I was talking about @bitonti but I think you’re on about @JiF

Different dudes, similar narrative. 

Wait, did I @ them? 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

All the major QBs play on teams who are WAY better than the competition for the vast majority of their games.

Lawrence was not very impressive when they beat ohio state two years ago and then looked flat out bad when LSU bslapped them.

Excellent QB prospect, probably deserving of the #1 pick, vastly heads above a few others in this draft?  No.

Been watching Lawrence since he was a freshman. I’m down on him more than most. 

Happy with Zach. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Yes, drafting a 3 star recruit is a waste of time.  Who wants a 3 star QB like Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen, Baker Mayfield, Matt Ryan, Aaron Rodgers, Justin Herbert, Dak Prescott, or Russell Wilson?

We should only draft 5 stars like Christian Hackenberg.

kobe bryant dunk GIF

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

I'm not talking numbers. Im talking how he looked in the face of knowing he was in a game or the underdog.  How he retained his poise and how he continued to throw the right passes in the right situation.  He kept his game together and still went through his reads, called audibles etc, doing things other college QBs cant do.  Youre scouting his performance the final score isnt the end all to the evaluation 

The line has been, all along that Lawrence is the best QB since Luck.  I agree that the statement doesnt make him generational, agree that its overused like supermodels.  But the main point that hes the best college QB since Luck is right.  

Take his middle school on status as a prospect and then hes generational. 

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

I was talking about @bitonti but I think you’re on about @JiF

Different dudes, similar narrative. 

Wait, did I @ them? 

Thanks you'll get a well thought out even if you disagree reply.

I'll get a diatribe repeating the same nonsense about mechanics etc from someone I didnt name.  Right or wrong

Thanks for hanging me out to dry after I named no one though.  I didnt name anyone.  ?

• Thumb Down 1

45 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Thanks you'll get a well thought out even if you disagree reply.

I'll get a diatribe repeating the same nonsense about mechanics etc from someone I didnt name.  Right or wrong

Thanks for hanging me out to dry after I named no one though.  I didnt name anyone.  ?

Apologies. These dudes know who they are. 

And we’re adults. No one should be put out. 

Agree to disagree as it were. 

• Thumb Down 1

9 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The upside part isnt debateable.  We have enough games on Trevor Lawrence that we know what he is.  His ceiling is a Phillip Rivers/Matt Ryan type.  He can be a B plus qb.

Zach Wilson ceiling is patrick mahomes and Aaron Rodgers.  He can be an A plus qb.

And you can tell this how?  I've been watching football long enough to know now that I have no idea which drafted players will succeed and which will bust.  NFL scouts get it wrong, so with all due respect, I don't put much stock in what some guy on a team forum thinks.