Man ... I cannot stand this guy Peter King

I love how each thread devolves down into this all being JD's fault, and there always seems to about 3-5 people that direct it there.

I guess when you look at things this way, you are always right, and only have to save face once a GM actually gets us to the Super Bowl. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's a Patriots fan. Not sure what you expect.

We do have the same general manager that surrounded Sam Darnold with other team's backups on the OL, let our only talented WR walk away for nothing and fielded the worst group of offensive players I'v

Yeah but Pete!!!!  This time, it's different!!!

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Layering in the pre-excuses for Zach Wilson like prepping a fine lasagna

If he doesn't further upgrade the offense in FA and drafts defense at 23, 34 or 66 then this excuse will be entirely justified.

It would be like sending out lambs to slaughter!

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Layering in the best jokes first so when there’s nothing left to impress with, she’s already slept with you & left the hotel key with the desk clerk.

you know, like a fine lasagna.

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

I don't  get it. What do you expect? We have been horrible at the QB positions for a lot more years than we were good. Now that we just jettisoned  the latest one, what do you expect these guys to write about.  And as the Mark Schreleth <sp> said, anyone who expects the guy we take with the second pick to fix this mess really is fooling themselves. You don't  nearly go winless just because your QB sucks. 

We suck because we have drafted shltty  for more than 11 years in a ROW.  It's almost unbelievable.

YET JUNK posters on this board defend the owner.  Woody is amongst the worst owners in sports.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

If he doesn't further upgrade the offense in FA and drafts defense at 23, 34 or 66 then this excuse will be entirely justified.

It would be like sending out lambs to slaughter!

The difference is the decisions he makes in the midst of that pressure & lack of weapons. Does he shoot himself in the foot like Darnold or does he not throw it up for grabs & finds an alternative way to make a play.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

How is it right that what Wilson eventually becomes has anything to do with Sanchez, Darnold etc did before him?

It's not about "being right".  It's about seeing the pattern that has existed for decades and hoping the trend does not continue.  No one can say definitively why this pattern exists/has existed. (Always hiring inept GMs, blindness to QB flaws, bad luck, displeasure of the various gods, etc.).  But the pattern is there.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

The difference is the decisions he makes in the midst of that pressure & lack of weapons. Does he shoot himself in the foot like Darnold or does he not throw it up for grabs & finds an alternative way to make a play.

I agree.  Certainly ZW can be better and almost certainly will be better than Sam.  But putting a QB in the position Sam was put in last year just would have meant simply doing less.  Sam seemed to press and made a lot of mistakes when he got frustrated.

Hopefully Wilson will have more patience - or even better, maybe JD will build him an OL that will give him some time and weapons that can get open.

• Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

I love how each thread devolves down into this all being JD's fault, and there always seems to about 3-5 people that direct it there.

I guess when you look at things this way, you are always right, and only have to save face once a GM actually gets us to the Super Bowl. 

Can we start with more then 2 wins?

Maybe 8-8? 

Asking for a friend

No one is saying SuperBowl just not the worst jets roster in its history

• Upvote 1

Never forget this a&#036;&#036;hole stole a foul baseball from some kid and tried to defend his actions by saying the kid wasn't allowed in the area the ball was hit.

March 2003 when King attended an exhibition baseball game, retrieved a foul ball hit by Miguel Tejada, and infamously assured a young kid that the "True Ball" was the one that the kid had.

From his MMQB:

"I introduced myself to a guard and asked if I could get a foul ball. I walked to get the foul ball. A 7-year-old boy passed through the same gate, without permission, as the guard called after him to come back. I picked up the ball I thought was hit by Miguel Tejada. The kid picked up the ball he thought was hit by Tejada. I'm supposed to convince this kid who snuck through the gate that he doesn't have the right ball and give him mine? I had permission to get the ball I got. The 7-year-old boy stole his. And I "cheated" him out of the ball? I can see how you'd be offended that I tried to make the kid feel good by telling him he had the real ball, because I told what I believed to be a lie, even though it was not a malicious one. Maybe that's wrong. But is it right to be somewhere you shouldn't be and, technically, to possess stolen property?" So, yeah.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

It is easy for Jets fans to forget that a really good QB can go a long way toward lifting a mediocre roster.  It hasn't happened for us lately but it does happen.  If we can get one strong OL and a playmaker RB or WR it can start to happen this year.

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, Beaver said:

Never forget this a&#036;&#036;hole stole a foul baseball from some kid and tried to defend his actions by saying the kid wasn't allowed in the area the ball was hit.

March 2003 when King attended an exhibition baseball game, retrieved a foul ball hit by Miguel Tejada, and infamously assured a young kid that the "True Ball" was the one that the kid had.

From his MMQB:

"I introduced myself to a guard and asked if I could get a foul ball. I walked to get the foul ball. A 7-year-old boy passed through the same gate, without permission, as the guard called after him to come back. I picked up the ball I thought was hit by Miguel Tejada. The kid picked up the ball he thought was hit by Tejada. I'm supposed to convince this kid who snuck through the gate that he doesn't have the right ball and give him mine? I had permission to get the ball I got. The 7-year-old boy stole his. And I "cheated" him out of the ball? I can see how you'd be offended that I tried to make the kid feel good by telling him he had the real ball, because I told what I believed to be a lie, even though it was not a malicious one. Maybe that's wrong. But is it right to be somewhere you shouldn't be and, technically, to possess stolen property?" So, yeah.

This guy really is a piece of work.

• Upvote 3
1 minute ago, Bruce Harper said:

It is easy for Jets fans to forget that a really good QB can go a long way toward lifting a mediocre roster.  It hasn't happened for us lately but it does happen.  If we can get one strong OL and a playmaker RB or WR it can start to happen this year.

This is 100% correct.  Which is why, in these formative years, we need to do EVERYTHING we can to help him develop into a really good QB.

Get him to that level and you're mostly guaranteed to be competitive just about every year for 15 years.  

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, Butterfield said:

Whats worse, the guy who writes an article that isn’t really wrong, or the guy who tries to belittle the article by saying the writer isn’t good looking.  

It's not wrong to point out past failures.  But the Jets now have a new and apparently competent GM and coach.  To suggest that they necessarily will be as bad as their predecessors seems to me to be lazy.  But dumping on the Jets by lazy journalists will remain the norm until we show something.

I recently read his column where he portrayed the Pats free agent spending free as necessary and parroted the company line given by Robert Kraft.  Can you imagine how he would have portrayed it if the Jets did it?  I suppose you have to earn the benefit of the doubt and maybe that's the way it should be.

45 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I agree.  Certainly ZW can be better and almost certainly will be better than Sam.  But putting a QB in the position Sam was put in last year just would have meant simply doing less.  Sam seemed to press and made a lot of mistakes when he got frustrated.

Hopefully Wilson will have more patience - or even better, maybe JD will build him an OL that will give him some time and weapons that can get open.

Zach should be a better QB than Darnold, but he may do worse behind a lousy OL because of his size and slim build and the pounding that could result from poor protection.  They really need to make protecting this guy a priority.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, football guy said:

For Wilson, he just needs to play within the offense and stay healthy. Big if's for sure. But in terms of his talent and the coaching he's going to receive, I'd argue he's landing in a better situation than any QB with exception to the 49ers. 

That's a contrarian take!

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

He's referencing the past --- Currently we have a GM that put the worst offense in the NFL on the field.  The least talented skill players and worst OL.

I honestly believe JD was in on the tank before the season even started.  All he did was sell assets and acquire draft picks and cap room, knowing what he was starting with was hot garbage and knowing he has a 6-year contract.  

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I remember a time just a month ago when Wilson was the greatest prospect ever - not because of what he's done on the field as I was told that's all meaningless; but rather, because of "skill set". I guess that "skill set" only matters in the time period leading up to the NFL draft, not during real pro games?

• Like 1

I almost sent him an email after reading this morning’s article and listening him on the radio last week saying the same crap.  He keeps harping on how the Jets haven’t been able to draft a QB ... well, what about the Dolphins (who seem to be the media’s darling lately) or a number of other teams (Eagles, Jags, Bears, etc)?  And it’s a new coaching staff and GM, so how about cutting them some slack and not fault them for prior regimes’ failures?

• Like 1

Does NJ.com ever do their own reporting? All their reporters do is cut and paste stories from other newspapers and websites and slap new headlines on them. What a joke. Why do people keep posting their links here? They're worthless.

19 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

I honestly believe JD was in on the tank before the season even started.  All he did was sell assets and acquire draft picks and cap room, knowing what he was starting with was hot garbage and knowing he has a 6-year contract.  

I tend to agree with this actually.

Two thoughts though:

1) I really hope we're right because if we're not he was downright awful and we should be very concerned.

2) In order to believe this you have to also believe he pretty much gave up on Sam last year.  If he had any faith in him he would have tried to build a team around rather than tank.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Butterfield said:

Whats worse, the guy who writes an article that isn’t really wrong, or the guy who tries to belittle the article by saying the writer isn’t good looking.  

I'd contend it's the idiot who'd take time out of their day to lecture someone on a football message board for an off-hand joke about a mostly disliked media figure.

They're the worst. 

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Can we start with more then 2 wins?

Maybe 8-8? 

Asking for a friend

No one is saying SuperBowl just not the worst jets roster in its history

Oh look who joined the party!  

I'm sure we will Kevin...You and your clan should be very happy.....or not.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I tend to agree with this actually.

Two thoughts though:

1) I really hope we're right because if we're not he was downright awful and we should be very concerned.

2) In order to believe this you have to also believe he pretty much gave up on Sam last year.  If he had any faith in him he would have tried to build a team around rather than tank.

THere is SO many other possibilities other than those two.