Sam speaks about trade for first time

4 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Only good NFL QBs are capable QBCs. OK, since when has this been reality?

Andy Reid worked relentlessly with Mahomes. Surely we all remember that year when Reid threw 45 TDs. Or am I thinking of an afternoon when he hate 45 hamburgers?

why hate on the hamburger ?

11 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Imagine both Sam Darnold (Panthers) and Leonard Williams (Giants) earning a trip to the Pro Bowl next season.

Indeed.  Can see him beating out one of Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, and Russell Wilson in the NFC.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

These lunatics should just go cry into their life-sized Darnold pillows already.  The tears shed over the 36th ranked QB with a net worth of about $30M are absolutely pathetic.

exactly. lets root for sam so Peter King, Mark Schlerth and the rest of the media talking heads got something else to make fun of us.

i wonder how many tears were cried for Mark Sanchez who ACTUALLY did something.

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Hopes that defenders drop 20 passes he throws right at them, on top of the pick a game they didn’t?

Good luck!

Honestly he may suck, but we did him no favors. He never blaimed us when Herndon or the rest of our third rates WRs where dropping sh*t. We knew he had a turnover problem to start and surrounded him with the Jets. Just be glad we got what we got(on picks) and hope we don't destroy the next prospect.

Hard to talk sh*t about a guy who kept his head down under Gase and Bowles without complaining it was somebody else's fault

2 hours ago, Aaron Hernandez said:

Hard to talk sh*t about a guy who kept his head down under Gase and Bowles without complaining it was somebody else's fault

We have this salesman at my job who is pretty bad. Low sales numbers, doesn't understand our product, etc. Hey, he doesn't say much or ever complain about anyone else who doesn't do their job though. 

Same thing you want from your franchise QB. Just be quiet over in the corner and ignore all the guys not doing their job on offense. Heaven forbid someone offend Perriman. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, TeddEY said:

I'm old enough to remember when you said that keeping Darnold was the cheapest option (only 5M) next year, so that's what the Jets would do.  That a rookie QB plus Darnold's dead money and trading for Watson were the expensive options, so what the Jets would not do.

It's almost like you have a conclusion, and then backfill the narrative to get there.

Oh, and here's a post where you advocate for the Jets passing on Sam Darnold's option, after correctly predicting a trade via a 2nd round pick:

And here's how strongly you felt about Sam Darnold at the end of this season:

In sum, give it a rest.  It's disingenuous at best.

In sum the team is like 25 million under the cap for no reason 

As usual 

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

In sum the team is like 25 million under the cap for no reason 

As usual 

And yet, they were sixth highest in FA spending.

Seems like something you forgot to mention.  Is that because it doesn’t fit your conclusion-first point of view?

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Aaron Hernandez said:

Honestly he may suck, but we did him no favors. He never blaimed us when Herndon or the rest of our third rates WRs where dropping sh*t. We knew he had a turnover problem to start and surrounded him with the Jets. Just be glad we got what we got(on picks) and hope we don't destroy the next prospect.

We?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, TeddEY said:

And yet, they were sixth highest in FA spending.

Seems like something you forgot to mention.  Is that because it doesn’t fit your conclusion-first point of view?

They were number 2 in cap space and number 6 in spending. They had 30 players under contract. Logic follows they could have spent more 

But don't worry, I'm sure Dan feeney will be awesome 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Wit said:

He’s always been honest and straightforward. He planned on being in NY forever and be hurt to know they didn’t want him. He probably also knows he didn’t produce to the level he would want to. Wish him well, but not if Zach Wilson sucks, then I need him to at least suck too. Oh and fields to suck. 

THIS!!!!   It's important for me to see guys we jettison fail.  It makes all the difference in my world lol 

10 hours ago, NamathToCaster said:

Sam is going to pull the same crap he did in NY.  Always an excuse and always next time will be better. Let the Carolina coaching staff deal with him now.   

The difference Carolina actually HAS a coaching staff. Something that might be a life changer for a young QB. 

Gase... AmIrite? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

They were number 2 in cap space and number 6 in spending. They had 30 players under contract. Logic follows they could have spent more 

But don't worry, I'm sure Dan feeney will be awesome 

You're absolutely correct, they could have spent more.  Do we need to explore the difference between could and should?

4 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

You're absolutely correct, they could have spent more.  Do we need to explore the difference between could and should?

There's always a rainy day the Jets are saving for that never shows up 

There's always a trade they can make to use the cap without writing a check 

I don't even like Marcus maye but they should pay someone inside the locker room for a change. It's gross the way they run the team, and every agent knows this. That's why being traded to the jets is a punishment for Percy Harvin and kelechi osemele. They don't treat their players as well as other franchises 

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

There's always a rainy day the Jets are saving for that never shows up 

I don't even like Marcus maye but they should pay someone inside the locker room for a change 

So, you don't like the player, but you should reward him with 10M+ a year.

That seems very smart.

Here's a better plan.  Lets draft well, and then reward the good players.  Rather than draft poorly and reward the bad players that you're advocating for.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

So, you don't like the player, but you should reward him with 10M+ a year.

That seems very smart.

Here's a better plan.  Lets draft well, and then reward the good players.  Rather than draft poorly and reward the bad players that you're advocating for.

He's already getting that 10 million but yes the Johnsons should pay someone homegrown to change the narrative 

Currently the road to the playoffs is to get traded off the Jets. 

And side note, other teams extend their good players to save capital near term, counting on future cap increases. The jets keep all this cap space aside and use it to cut bad contracts and trade assets. Jd hasn't actually built a team yet. There's no long term money committed to anyone 

40 minutes ago, bitonti said:

He's already getting that 10 million but yes the Johnsons should pay someone homegrown to change the narrative 

Currently the road to the playoffs is to get traded off the Jets. 

And side note, other teams extend their good players to save capital near term, counting on future cap increases. The jets keep all this cap space aside and use it to cut bad contracts and trade assets. Jd hasn't actually built a team yet. There's no long term money committed to anyone 

Maybe if the Jets find some good players, we can extend them.  Until then, we're stuck in the position we're in.

I know, it was a huge travesty losing Robby Anderson and his Braxton Berrios tying 3 TDs, but maybe we could just wait and see if the Jets 'get cheap' on a player who you yourself, don't actually advocate for getting rid of, or not paying, or just don't think is very good, before we condemn them for it.  You're literally advocating for two wrongs making a right.  You see that, no?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

The rookies cost 11 and that gets them over the floor 

The Johnsons pocket the rest 

The Johnsons own the team so they pocket everything. JD is doing a good job by putting us in a great position to draft this team back to where they should be I have more faith in him than the last 4 GM's by a large margin.  We are in a good position with a ton of early picks the next few years that will rebuild this team fairly quick. Its obvious Douglas has a plan the first part of which was to build draft capital get a new QB and fill the need at WR and Edge via free agency I'm sure he will be looking at OL in the draft but I don't think he's going to force any picks if his guy is not there. 

If we do pick Zack Wilson then it's simple this team will progress as Zack Progresses. It would be wonderful if he comes out as a rookie and tears it up but I don't expect this team to really start to make a move until the middle of this season since they have 2 new systems and a bunch of new players .... there will be a learning curve. Lets try to be a bit positive about this process

13 hours ago, NamathToCaster said:

Sam is going to pull the same crap he did in NY.  Always an excuse and always next time will be better. Let the Carolina coaching staff deal with him now.   

To be fair, Darnold doesn't really make excuses.  He doesn't blame anybody else, and he seems to know he likely doesn't have what it takes to be a franchise QB.  Which is the kind of self-awareness that will probably make him a useful backup down the road.  

It's his legion of apologists that can't help themselves.  Every excuse in the book and extensive mental gymnastics are used to defend what amounts to be a bad QB.  Simple as that.  

Panthers fans know going in that Darnold is flawed, regardless of their thoughts of Gase or the Jets.  So they likely won't make the same bed of excuses for him.  Out-produce Bridgewater or GTFO will be their mentality.  

3 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

The difference Carolina actually HAS a coaching staff. Something that might be a life changer for a young QB. 

Gase... AmIrite? 

Yes, I'm sure Rhule will finally be the one to tell Darnold not to throw off his back foot into triple coverage.  How did Bowles, Bates, Gase, and Darnold's USC coaches miss that?

I'd ask Darnold's HS coach to speak to that except Darnold didn't play QB in High School.  Oops.   Guess Maccagnan should have thought about that before drafting him # 3.

3 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Gase... AmIrite? 

Agreed.  Look Sam has his issues he needs to work out otherwise he won’t have a future as a starter BUT like you said for the past 3 years he has had one of the worst olines, supporting cast, and easily the worst coaching.  I don’t care how good of a young  QB you are you still need help to have success.  The Chiefs are loaded with talent and a great coaching staff, same with the Bills

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Agreed.  Look Sam has his issues he needs to work out otherwise he won’t have a future as a starter BUT like you said for the past 3 years he has had one of the worst olines, supporting cast, and easily the worst coaching.  I don’t care how good of a young  QB you are you still need help to have success.  The Chiefs are loaded with talent and a great coaching staff, same with the Bills

"Success" is a relative term.  No matter how bad his circumstances, Darnold should have been a lot better than QB # 36 last season.

Justin Herbert had the # 32 ranked OL and a HC that ended up getting fired.  He put up Offensive ROY numbers anyways.  Better weapons?  You bet.  But there was such a massive gap between Herbert and Darnold that it was like they were playing a different sport.  Darnold would not have come close to Herbert numbers even if he and Herbert switched places.

Did I expect Darnold to produce like Herbert to be called "successful" his final year here?  No.  Top 20 QB numbers?  Absolutely.  He failed.  Miserably.  And in the exact same circumstances, a statue like Joe Flacco still found success in this offense, behind a bad OL.  That tells me Darnold has no grasp of making pre-snap reads, even in year 3 as a pro.  Flacco's success throwing to Mims and Perriman compared to Darnold with those 2 receivers also demonstrated just how bad Darnold is on deep ball accuracy.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1