***Return to Metlife Thread***

3 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Who misses the smells of Fireball, the grill, cheap beer, and urine in the parking lot!?

I miss tailgating and the atmosphere, now that i'm vaccinated and so is my family I may return this season for a few games. 

Cheap beer where at MetLife? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I miss tailgating and the atmosphere, now that i'm vaccinated and so is my family I may return this season for a few games. 

Cheap beer where at MetLife? 

They used to have $5 Bud Light cans at the the 'Beer Garden' by the rail station.

I am very excited to get back. I hope things are totally back to normal. I miss going to games. It doesnt seem to me that people are rushing back though? Ticket prices seem to be holding pretty steady overall. I expected them to be higher with the limited supply tbh.

• Upvote 1

One question. I saw in another thread there are only two parking colors this season? I asked my ticket guy to upgrade me to what used to be green and he did. I am kind of sad because I really loved where I used to tailgate. There was a band there every week and it was pretty fun.

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Yes, definitely time for this thread.  A mere 4 months away from preseason game #1.  With it so close, no way this will possibly get derailed like all of the other Covid related threads.  

I've heard that circumstances could potentially change from now until August/September.  Don't shoot the messenger though, just what I heard.

I mean circumstances are only going to improve with the vaccine. Anyone who wants it now can get it. 

15 hours ago, RSJ said:

One question. I saw in another thread there are only two parking colors this season? I asked my ticket guy to upgrade me to what used to be green and he did. I am kind of sad because I really loved where I used to tailgate. There was a band there every week and it was pretty fun.

old.jpg

plat.jpg

Yes, you're either Platinum or you're General Parking.  Top map is Old, bottom map is New.

The downside is to the group that used to be between the two, you used to have a tier that let you in the decent lots and forced those with single-game tickets or Stubhubbers to the very far away lots like Lot E and Lot P.  Now they're allowed into lots like J, B, and D which are much closer.  Furthermore, Xanadu took out the parking deck, Lots 23, A, and E, they added Lot 26 but still a lot less space on the other side of Rt. 120 now.

Translation:  Get there 30 minutes earlier than you used to to get a good spot and not wind up with a huge hike by the vaccine crowd at Pegasus.

SAR I

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

old.jpg

plat.jpg

Yes, you're either Platinum or you're General Parking.  Top map is Old, bottom map is New.

The downside is to the group that used to be between the two, you used to have a tier that let you in the decent lots and forced those with single-game tickets or Stubhubbers to the very far away lots like Lot E and Lot P.  Now they're allowed into lots like J, B, and D which are much closer.  Furthermore, Xanadu took out the parking deck, Lots 23, A, and E, they added Lot 26 but still a lot less space on the other side of Rt. 120 now.

Translation:  Get there 30 minutes early to get a good spot and not wind up with a huge hike by the vaccine crowd at Pegasus.

SAR I

Interesting 

4 hours ago, Maxman said:

It will be 100% attendance with tailgating by September.

The Jets have 9 home games. I am smelling 7 and 2 at home. Or maybe that is the urine. I am not sure.

You going to be going anything with your bus one game? I guess we lost TailgateJoe. It's been awhile. I think I can bring a keg on the train, they never complained about booze before(SayNotoDMC asking, can't keep track when one device dies)

11 minutes ago, Aaron Hernandez said:

You going to be going anything with your bus one game? I guess we lost TailgateJoe. It's been awhile. I think I can bring a keg on the train, they never complained about booze before(SayNotoDMC asking, can't keep track when one device dies)

image.png.c2d185663ec0ee1293c5030dc353a846.png

• Haha 2

old.jpg
plat.jpg
Translation:  Get there 30 minutes early to get a good spot and not wind up with a huge hike by the vaccine crowd at Pegasus.
SAR I

Thank you for the info. I used to park in J 12 every week. It was fine as long as I showed up before 10. I usually show up around 9 anyway. They just switched me to platinum today. It was an extra $100 for the season. Honestly a half hour wont solve your problems in the other parking areas if the Jets start winning and packing the house again. But its whatever, I am covered now and happy.
  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Aaron Hernandez said:

I have a deposit in for a group outing. I think it will be June before we know what they let us do for that. If we are allowed to buy, I will post the game and do a pre-sale here. Would love to do a JetNation group outing again this year. But last time I think I shelled out the money for 75 or 100 tickets. This time I think we will base it on who pays upfront, just to be safe.  :)

Oh and Tailgate Joe will be back as far as I know. I haven't spoken to him recently but as far as I know he is planning on being back and doing his thing.

• Sympathy 3
  • Post of the Week 1

• 2 weeks later...

Rutgers being more conservative then NJ state allows due to university rules...Allowing 5k to the Spring game on May 20. They could of allowed 16k. I expect the Johnson to not take such a conservative approach. Either way its confirmation fans are coming back!

Rutgers will allow fans at football spring game: Here are the details - nj.com

Season ticket holders and students will be permitted to attend the Scarlet-White Game on Thursday, May 20 at SHI Stadium in Piscataway. But Rutgers will cap the crowd at 5,000 people, the athletics department announced Friday, a number significantly below the capacity allowed by Gov. Phil Murphy’s most-recent executive order on sporting event attendance amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Current state guidance says Rutgers could have close to 16,000 in attendance at the spring game -- Murphy is allowing large outdoor venues to go up to 30% capacity and SHI Stadium seats 52,454 -- but “campus guidance” calls for the much-lower cap, according to a release. The spring game will kick off at 7 p.m. ET and be televised on BTN.

26 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Rutgers being more conservative then NJ state allows due to university rules...Allowing 5k to the Spring game on May 20. They could of allowed 16k. I expect the Johnson to not take such a conservative approach. Either way its confirmation fans are coming back!

Rutgers will allow fans at football spring game: Here are the details - nj.com

Season ticket holders and students will be permitted to attend the Scarlet-White Game on Thursday, May 20 at SHI Stadium in Piscataway. But Rutgers will cap the crowd at 5,000 people, the athletics department announced Friday, a number significantly below the capacity allowed by Gov. Phil Murphy’s most-recent executive order on sporting event attendance amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Current state guidance says Rutgers could have close to 16,000 in attendance at the spring game -- Murphy is allowing large outdoor venues to go up to 30% capacity and SHI Stadium seats 52,454 -- but “campus guidance” calls for the much-lower cap, according to a release. The spring game will kick off at 7 p.m. ET and be televised on BTN.

The Red Bulls are taking a conservative approach also.  For whatever reason they are letting alot less fans in the  building than allowed by NJ orders. 

33 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Rutgers, like many colleges, is being very cautious because they don't want the student population put at risk, especially because dorms are such close quarters.  My son's school, same thing. 

By the time September rolls around I'd expect MetLife to ease into it, they need to see how crowd control works, how fans behave, temperature check lines flow, etc.  I'd think 33% on opening day, building to 50% by Halloween, 66% by Thanksgiving, that kind of thing.

SAR I

Yesterday I bought tix to a sporting event for the first time in over a year.  Brewers-Braves in Milwaukee,  25% capacity.  Really looking forward to getting back to a sporting event after all this time.

I definitely hope to make it in to Met Life at least once this season, and hit a game or two on the road as well.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Rutgers, like many colleges, is being very cautious because they don't want the student population put at risk, especially because dorms are such close quarters.  My son's school, same thing. 

By the time September rolls around I'd expect MetLife to ease into it, they need to see how crowd control works, how fans behave, temperature check lines flow, etc.  I'd think 33% on opening day, building to 50% by Halloween, 66% by Thanksgiving, that kind of thing.

SAR I

Hard to see only 33 in sept when it’s 30 now 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Lith said:

Yesterday I bought tix to a sporting event for the first time in over a year.  Brewers-Braves in Milwaukee,  25% capacity.  Really looking forward to getting back to a sporting event after all this time.

I definitely hope to make it in to Met Life at least once this season, and hit a game or two on the road as well.  

Awesome, enjoy!

The Jets called me this week about the group outing. So that is good news, they are definitely looking forward to filling the stadium.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Awesome, enjoy!

The Jets called me this week about the group outing. So that is good news, they are definitely looking forward to filling the stadium.

As long as it is the right weekend, I would love to fly in again for the outing.  Had a great time in 2019.  At least until the 3rd quarter of the game.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Hard to see only 33 in sept when it’s 30 now 

I went to the Rangers game at the Devils last week, pretty representative of what NJ sports looks like right now.

They let half the building in at 1pm, the other half at 1:30, no exceptions.  Temperature checks at the gates.  Mask inspections.  None of the concessions allowed walk-up service, you had to download an app, place your order, pick up your food when notified, and then eat only in your seats.  Ushers and health monitors walking up and down the aisles making sure masks were on when not eating and monitoring the flow of people on the stairs, you needed their okay to walk up after another party walked down.

I don't see a case where MetLife is going to be 100% capacity come September.  I think it's going to be something where they stick their toe in, get their staff trained, learn the flow of the fans, find the choke points, etc. and then gradually add additional capacity once its established things go smoothly at 33%.   Spacing will still have to happen, the seats are just too close together even if it is outdoors, and its still unsure if the Under 16 crowd will be offered vaccines and how the Fall will play out with a 100 million people needing booster shots.  

SAR I