***Return to Metlife Thread***

On 5/15/2021 at 11:56 PM, Lot K Tailgaters said:

Just wondering if anyone else dropped their season tickets this year.  I still have mine but it seems like a lot of my tailgate crew and people around me are dropping out this season.  

I get it, a lot of people are going to evaluate and make different decisions. A year off will do that to you.

For me though, going to Jets games is at the top of the list of things that I missed. As long as I am physically and financially able, I will be there every week.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

On 5/15/2021 at 8:22 AM, JETSY14 said:

If you tailgate in lot B do you have to talk thru the tunnel or do you have direct access to the Bud light gate? 

My tickets are by the bud light entrance this year.  Was thinking  lot M or lot B are the best option. Anyone know if you have easy access to rt 3 from these lots as I'm heading to 80 west.

plat.jpg

Lot B is great for jumping on Rt 3 after the game.  You make a right and an immediate right and you're on Rt. 120 for 1/8 of a mile and then onto Rt. 3.   You'll beat all the traffic out in Lot B.

Lot B requires you to walk towards Lot D and climb the stairs to the bridge (its not a tunnel even though it looks like one) to go over the Peripheral Road.  It used to be open to cross but it was a nightmare for traffic.  Much safer for you this way.  You can then enter through the Verizon gate, make a right, and walk to the Bud Light gate.

The problem with Lot B is that it's tiny, so unless you are there within the first 15-20 minutes as they open the lots you aren't going to get in there.  Especially with the changes for this season that allow anyone with a single-game ticket to park there.  And if Lot B is full, they're going to direct you all the way to Siberia, Lot P, and that's a massive hike from behind the racetrack.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

I get it, a lot of people are going to evaluate and make different decisions. A year off will do that to you.

For me though, going to Jets games is at the top of the list of things that I missed. As long as I am physically and financially able, I will be there every week.

I plan to do this as long as I can as well.  Just have a feeling it’s going to be a year of adjustments for many reasons.  I still plan to wake up at 5:15 AM to tailgate.  

I’ve only missed 3 home games since 1998.  2 while recovering from surgery in 2012 and the Raiders game in 2019 when it was raining and I was running a fever.  Looking back as it with the way things are now I probably should never attend a game when I am sick lol 

I am missing one or two games this year.  I am trying to figure out how to convince a 4 year old and 1 year old to trick or treat at Metlife Stadium on Halloween and also convince my wife to come along.  

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

I plan to do this as long as I can as well.  Just have a feeling it’s going to be a year of adjustments for many reasons.  I still plan to wake up at 5:15 AM to tailgate.  

I’ve only missed 3 home games since 1998.  2 while recovering from surgery in 2012 and the Raiders game in 2019 when it was raining and I was running a fever.  Looking back as it with the way things are now I probably should never attend a game when I am sick lol 

I am missing one or two games this year.  I am trying to figure out how to convince a 4 year old and 1 year old to trick or treat at Metlife Stadium on Halloween and also convince my wife to come along.  

That is a great streak.  Keeping the kids out of sports and events that take place on Sunday = that is how winning is done.  :)

6 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

Yea the Halloween game Is problematic to us with young kiddos 

On 5/10/2021 at 12:42 AM, SAR I said:

We live in a world of convenience and we live in a world where fewer and fewer people want to attend live NFL games because it's inconvenient.  That's a reality.  I don't need rewards points that get me bobblehead dolls and I don't need three types of bacon-on-a-stick in a spacious food court.  What I need is the ability to arrive at the lot 60 minutes before kickoff without having to stress out in a line stretching to Route 3.

If we can pick up a phone and get an Uber to bring us dinner, if we can vaccinate half the state in a few months, we can figure out a way to reimagine the parking lots at MetLife Stadium.  It's not convenient to get to the stadium 3 hours before a game.  That's a problem that needs solving.  I think its because tailgating is allowed to occur anywhere it wants.  And I think this year with the new parking tiers its going to show just how big this problem really is.

SAR I

I've been going to games since the 1960s and have had season tickets since 1981 (giving them up this season after 40 years - long story). You have it completely backwards.  It's the traffic that causes tailgating, not the other way around.  The traffic getting into the stadium gets worse as game time approaches.  People tailgate because that ensures you get a spot and you don't sit in traffic on the way in. I tailgate before every game and arrive 3 hours or so before game time and rarely have an issue parking and never hit traffic on the way in and never ever ever missed a kick off in 40 years.  

I couldn't get to the game early for the first game at MetLife in 2010 (vs Baltimore on Monday night).  I left home two hours before game time for a 35 minute trip.  Traffic was a nightmare. I was within 2-3 miles of the stadium an hour before kick off. I barely made it to my seat by kickoff.

There is no way only 1/3 of fans will fit into a tailgate only lot. It's more like 2/3 for tailgating and 1/3 not.  

The other issue with the new stadium is that the traffic patterns and lay out of the parking lot are horrible.  There are too many intersections and too much checking of parking tickets.  It is easier to drive cross town in Manhattan than it is to get to a Green lot in Metlife.  

If I could know that I could find a place to park and eat good food sitting down in a restaurant style setting inside the stadium without paying $10,000 a seat in PSLs for that privilege, I would have stopped tailgating years ago.  Instead, there are no other options.  It's either arrive early  and eat my own good food that I cook, or arrive early, go inside and eat some crap sausage sandwich and sit in my seat twiddling my thumbs for 2 hours waiting for kick off.

20 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

I've been going to games since the 1960s and have had season tickets since 1981 (giving them up this season after 40 years - long story). You have it completely backwards.  It's the traffic that causes tailgating, not the other way around.  The traffic getting into the stadium gets worse as game time approaches.  People tailgate because that ensures you get a spot and you don't sit in traffic on the way in. I tailgate before every game and arrive 3 hours or so before game time and rarely have an issue parking and never hit traffic on the way in and never ever ever missed a kick off in 40 years.  

I couldn't get to the game early for the first game at MetLife in 2010 (vs Baltimore on Monday night).  I left home two hours before game time for a 35 minute trip.  Traffic was a nightmare. I was within 2-3 miles of the stadium an hour before kick off. I barely made it to my seat by kickoff.

There is no way only 1/3 of fans will fit into a tailgate only lot. It's more like 2/3 for tailgating and 1/3 not.  

The other issue with the new stadium is that the traffic patterns and lay out of the parking lot are horrible.  There are too many intersections and too much checking of parking tickets.  It is easier to drive cross town in Manhattan than it is to get to a Green lot in Metlife.  

If I could know that I could find a place to park and eat good food sitting down in a restaurant style setting inside the stadium without paying $10,000 a seat in PSLs for that privilege, I would have stopped tailgating years ago.  Instead, there are no other options.  It's either arrive early  and eat my own good food that I cook, or arrive early, go inside and eat some crap sausage sandwich and sit in my seat twiddling my thumbs for 2 hours waiting for kick off.

Exactly. There is a  comfort arriving early knowing you don’t have to battle to get in last minute. Might as well have some food and a cold one while you wait 

2 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

You have it completely backwards.  It's the traffic that causes tailgating, not the other way around.  The traffic getting into the stadium gets worse as game time approaches.  People tailgate because that ensures you get a spot and you don't sit in traffic on the way in. I tailgate before every game and arrive 3 hours or so before game time

tz.jpg

From a non-tailgaters perspective, the thing that is preventing me from gliding into my spot in the Platinum lot at Noon are tailgaters.

The biggest issue is that they a) are in every lot and b) spread out taking up multiple spots.  This causes traffic to pile up back beyond the parking booths into the roadway as confused drivers have to drive past open spots because the drunk tailgaters won't move.

That forces non-tailgaters to get there at the same time as tailgaters otherwise we run the risk of being sent to the remote lots.  That's the key problem.  Tailgaters and non-tailgaters alike have to race each other needlessly.

The solution would be dedicated lots with their own private entrance and staggered openings and closings.  Let's give tailgaters Lots P, M, L, J, and K.  Those open at 7am and close at 10am.  The tailgaters crowding all the lots, that's over.  The tailgaters reserving spots and spreading out, that's contained in their own lots.

Then give non-tailgaters the rest of the Lots, the ones closest to the stadium.  Those open at 11am. 

So tailgaters must arrive before 10am and non-tailgaters can't arrive until after 11am.

All the RV's, all the school buses, all the cars, all the chairs, all the cornholes, they have their own paradise where they can drink, smoke, burp, and fart without judgement.  And, because they are parked and out of the way in their own designated lots, the non-tailgaters don't have to get there early and compete with them.  We show up on roads that are manageable because 60% or more of the traffic is already there and out of the way by 10am.  Because that's when the tailgate lots shut down.

SAR I

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

tz.jpg

From a non-tailgaters perspective, the thing that is preventing me from gliding into my spot in the Platinum lot at Noon are tailgaters.

The biggest issue is that they a) are in every lot and b) spread out taking up multiple spots.  This causes traffic to pile up back beyond the parking booths into the roadway as confused drivers have to drive past open spots because the drunk tailgaters won't move.

That forces non-tailgaters to get there at the same time as tailgaters otherwise we run the risk of being sent to the remote lots.  That's the key problem.  Tailgaters and non-tailgaters alike have to race each other needlessly.

The solution would be dedicated lots with their own private entrance and staggered openings and closings.  Let's give tailgaters Lots P, M, L, J, and K.  Those open at 7am and close at 10am.  The tailgaters crowding all the lots, that's over.  The tailgaters reserving spots and spreading out, that's contained in their own lots.

Then give non-tailgaters the rest of the Lots, the ones closest to the stadium.  Those open at 11am. 

So tailgaters must arrive before 10am and non-tailgaters can't arrive until after 11am.

All the RV's, all the school buses, all the cars, all the chairs, all the cornholes, they have their own paradise where they can drink, smoke, burp, and fart without judgement.  And, because they are parked and out of the way in their own designated lots, the non-tailgaters don't have to get there early and compete with them.  We show up on roads that are manageable because 60% or more of the traffic is already there and out of the way by 10am.  Because that's when the tailgate lots shut down.

SAR I

So if I pack my car full of food and head for the stadium, but hit unexpected traffic and arrive at 10:01, I can't tailgate/eat?  Good luck with that! 

12 hours ago, Maxman said:

That is a great streak.  Keeping the kids out of sports and events that take place on Sunday = that is how winning is done.  :)

That’s what I’m aiming for.  Halloween messes up that plan.  Also a family vacation in December.  Usually trips are booked around the schedule but this waiting until May really made things difficult due to people using up their trip credits from last year.  

My 4 year old son wants me to buy a short bus and paint it green with Jets all over lol.  Smart kid.  

1 minute ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

That’s what I’m aiming for.  Halloween messes up that plan.  Also a family vacation in December.  Usually trips are booked around the schedule but this waiting until May really made things difficult due to people using up their trip credits from last year.  

My 4 year old son wants me to buy a short bus and paint it green with Jets all over lol.  Smart kid.  

DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have to do it.  Reward him for a brilliant idea.  :)

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

tz.jpg

SAR I

You should apply for the job to jump into the stadium and land on the field during the national anthem. Smooth sailing, no line. You leave at 12:56 and you are in your seat for kickoff.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

So if I pack my car full of food and head for the stadium, but hit unexpected traffic and arrive at 10:01, I can't tailgate/eat?  Good luck with that! 

You pay a $50 late fee.  And you get a boot that they only remove when all the other cars have left the lot.  We need all the tailgaters in place by 10AM so that they aren't anywhere near normal fans when we arrive at 11.

SAR I

20 hours ago, Maxman said:

You a big dog  boss. Just do you. 

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

You pay a $50 late fee.  And you get a boot that they only remove when all the other cars have left the lot.  We need all the tailgaters in place by 10AM so that they aren't anywhere near normal fans when we arrive at 11.

SAR I

They can use that $50 to buy more boots. Genius. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Maxman said:

You should apply for the job to jump into the stadium and land on the field during the national anthem. Smooth sailing, no line. You leave at 12:56 and you are in your seat for kickoff.

I think my concept is a good one and one that all NFL teams can follow.  Create as many tailgate only lots as are necessary, rope them off, give them their own entrances, and make sure they are parked and off the adjacent roadways by 2 hours before kickoff.

Then let the non-tailgaters get into their own segregated lots at their leisure between 2 hours and 10 minutes before kickoff.  Everyone's happy this way.  And 50% of the traffic is alleviated for each group.  

SAR I

20 hours ago, SAR I said:

plat.jpg

Lot B is great for jumping on Rt 3 after the game.  You make a right and an immediate right and you're on Rt. 120 for 1/8 of a mile and then onto Rt. 3.   You'll beat all the traffic out in Lot B.

Lot B requires you to walk towards Lot D and climb the stairs to the bridge (its not a tunnel even though it looks like one) to go over the Peripheral Road.  It used to be open to cross but it was a nightmare for traffic.  Much safer for you this way.  You can then enter through the Verizon gate, make a right, and walk to the Bud Light gate.

The problem with Lot B is that it's tiny, so unless you are there within the first 15-20 minutes as they open the lots you aren't going to get in there.  Especially with the changes for this season that allow anyone with a single-game ticket to park there.  And if Lot B is full, they're going to direct you all the way to Siberia, Lot P, and that's a massive hike from behind the racetrack.

SAR I

Once lot b is full your only option is lot p? Will they let you swing around and pick a different lot or are you stuck in lot p?

On 5/11/2021 at 11:49 PM, Maxman said:

I think Woody believes the same exact thing. He wanted NY in the worst way.  NY didn't want the Jets.  

So the home is the home and that isn't going to change. There are people thinking the Jets are going to opt out. That ship has definitely sailed.

Curious if anyone knows when the next potential window would open to make a jump to the city? It's not inconceivable that if a window opens up 5 years from now, there wouldn't be a major push to try to get an NFL stadium in one of America's biggest and most influential cities - especially if the city is crying out for more revenue. 

Just now, JETSY14 said:

Once lot b is full your only option is lot p? Will they let you swing around and pick a different lot or are you stuck in lot p?

If you look at the map, if you try for Lot B and its full the next lot that's accessible from the road you're on is Lot P.  It only flows in one direction.  I believe Lot A is where players, staff, and network vehicles park.

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

I think my concept is a good one and one that all NFL teams can follow.  Create as many tailgate only lots as are necessary, rope them off, give them their own entrances, and make sure they are parked and off the adjacent roadways by 2 hours before kickoff.

Then let the non-tailgaters get into their own segregated lots at their leisure between 2 hours and 10 minutes before kickoff.  Everyone's happy this way.  And 50% of the traffic is alleviated for each group.  

SAR I

You are solving a problem that .0000232 of season ticket holders care about. It is for that reason that the Jets are out.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

30 minutes ago, Maxman said:

You are solving a problem that .0000232 of season ticket holders care about. It is for that reason that the Jets are out.

You think that non-tailgaters like having to a) get to the stadium 3 hours early with nothing to do or b) sitting in traffic for 30-45 minutes if they want to arrive at a reasonable time?

I think its a bigger problem than you give it credit for.  We'll find out.  I bought a billboard and a plane.

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

You think that non-tailgaters like having to a) get to the stadium 3 hours early with nothing to do or b) sitting in traffic for 30-45 minutes if they want to arrive at a reasonable time?

I think its a bigger problem than you give it credit for.  We'll find out.  I bought a billboard and a plane.

SAR I

Whenever I go to a game I tailgate however the only time I couldn't tailgate it was a complete disaster.  After sitting in traffic for almost an hour I vowed  never go to a game if I'm not tailgating. 

tz.jpg
The biggest issue is that they a) are in every lot and B) spread out taking up multiple spots.  This causes traffic to pile up back beyond the parking booths into the roadway as confused drivers have to drive past open spots because the drunk tailgaters won't move.
SAR I

Do you drink tea with your pinky in the air?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

On 5/10/2021 at 8:35 AM, Jetworks said:

Hopefully Metlife will be in the rear-view mirror in a few years.  I know it's an old article, but it makes a lot of sense, way more than Metlife did.

2026 New Jets Stadium
Ira Hernowitz

Jan 12, 2020·

There is no franchise in sports like the New York Jets. Uniquely, they have NEVER had their own stadium, which is unprecedented in major US sports history (now that the Raiders are moving to Las Vegas). From sharing Shea to renting at Giants Stadium to their current 50/50 split of MetLife Stadium, this is the start of an identity crisis this franchise has faced outside of Joe Namath and their Super Bowl III upset win (when almost every football team shared a baseball stadium).

MetLife is by far the best situation the organization has been in, but it is in no way the BEST possible solution for the team. In fact, only eleven years after opening, the time is right now for the Jets to begin the process of moving forward to build their own stadium, in New York City, to begin play in 2026.

The problems with MetLife are not surprising since you had to accommodate the requirements of two teams with competing visions for what a great stadium should be. The simple requirements of compromise created a generic stadium, built more for functionality than ambiance. However, the environment is only part of the problem.

First and foremost, it is too big. With over 82,000 seats, it will be the largest NFL stadium once the LA Coliseum is retired when the Rams move in 2020. While capacity was important in 1976, the fact is that times have changed dramatically. Quality of seating is important, as is scarcity, given that the real value of a ticket is now measured in the secondary market. MetLife has about 55,000 quality seats, and an upper bowl with thousands of low value seats. They have poor sight lines, are far from the field, and it is really the only stadium built in the last 20 years for football that built these upper level end zone seats.

This situation was part of the Giants compromise. The Giants wanted to replicate the bowl configuration of Giants Stadium, and they also wanted more seats to satisfy the long waiting list they had. The Jets on the other hand designed the West Side Stadium with fewer seats and no upper end zone seats.

In reality, even the West Side Stadium at 75,000 proposed seats was too large. 60,000 to 65,000 seats would in reality produce more revenue than the 82,000 seats they have now. Considering the aftermarket (which teams get a cut of) and the increased scarcity by reducing capacity, on top of making all the available seats better would have a positive effect on revenue.

A second issue is the coaches club section. While the idea and revenue associated with super premium seats makes sense, MetLife and Yankee Stadium have the same problem…the most visible seats on television are often empty. If the fans are eating at the buffet, staying out of the cold, or the seats are unsold, it is a visible eyesore that has to be an embarrassment to Jets management every week.

Beyond these issues, the stadium offers little in the way of “cool”. While this is subjective, it is simply a pretty generic stadium. There is no signature element of the stadium to identify with, which again is part of the compromise.

Finally, to build a stadium without a retractable roof in the Northeast is beyond comprehension. Forget fan comfort, the revenue opportunities of a retractable roof stadium in the New York market are almost reason alone to build it. Super Bowls, bowl games, 365 days of concerts and events…this is a no brainer. The West Side proposal was a retractable roof, which at the time was estimated to cost $200-$300 million, and was being picked up by the city. Of course, this was part of why Jim Dolan was so opposed to the stadium, he knew how much business it could take from MSG.

The facts are clear…a generic stadium, with lots of low value seats, with no roof and little ambiance should be a no brainer to replace. It appears the Jets knew this as the lease has some interesting out clauses starting in 2025, a mere 16 years after opening.

So the lease has an out, and the stadium issues are well documented. The big question is can it be done?

The first issue in building a new stadium is financial. There is no question a new retractable roof dome stadium in NY starts at $2bn and probably gets closer to $3bn.

Considering the Jets had to finance their share of MetLife (about $540 million per Forbes), and they have taken a bath on PSL’s, that’s a lot of debt to take on. A deeper look however suggests it is very doable.

First, let’s start with overall value of the business. Forbes currently estimates the value of the Jets at $3.2bn. So in the 20 years of owning the team, the Johnson’s parlayed a $635m investment and have realized a 5x return. That valuation is based on owning 50% of MetLife, so it would not be unreasonable to estimate their valuation with 100% ownership of a retractable roof stadium in NYC would increase by at least $1bn, so conservatively the team would be worth $4.2bn.

On the debit side of the equation is the debt on MetLife. If the Jets offered the Giants the opportunity to own 100% of MetLife in exchange for the remaining debt the Jets have, I imagine they would jump at it. If they didn’t, the Jets could sell their share of the stadium LLC, which I am sure would motivate the Giants to snap it up.

In this scenario, you have a business worth $4.2bn with only the debt remaining on the financing of the original purchase (which really shouldn’t be more than $100m unless the Jets have tapped into the equity). Not to play CFO, but finding financing in this scenario should be pretty simple. If you consider that the debt on MetLife was upgraded because of the consistency of the revenue, a new Jets stadium would have banks lining up to lend the money.

So now that there is a path to finance a stadium, where do you build it? While the West Side project had some upside, the location was never ideal. Public transportation was poor (solved since by the 7 train extension), and parking was impossible, making tailgating obsolete.

The easiest answer is in Queens, adjacent to Citi Field. I know most people like to talk about the Jets being a Queens/LI fan base, but I don’t buy that. The team has been in NJ longer than they were in Queens, and no sport is as regional as the NFL. Winning makes for fans, just look at how teams like the Steelers, Cowboys, and Patriots pack fans into opposing stadiums. It’s not that the fans “travel well” exclusively, but there are thousands of fans of most teams in every major city.

The reasons for Queens are simple. There is ample space, public transit is in place, parking is no problem. One only has to drive 90 minutes down the NJ Turnpike to see a complex that works in Philadelphia. Side by side baseball and football stadiums maximize the space and just makes sense.

In addition to all of this, the area surrounding Citi Field is under significant change. In fact, it is really one of last opportunities for significant development in the five boroughs.

Imagine a hybrid of Patriots Place in Foxboro or the stadium district in San Francisco, retail and housing development spurred by stadium development.

Given the investment in the Atlantic Health training center as the home of the Jets, would a stadium move to Queens require the Jets relocate yet again. Simply put, no. NFL teams stay in hotels before every game, home and away. Finding a creative way to get the team from NJ to Queens (Probably less than 30 miles as the crow flies) quickly, be it bus, ferry, or train should be doable.

The only real question is Jets ownership. Do they want to take this leap? While it has some inherent risk and a lot of moving parts, I think it is ultimately a risk where the upside far outweighs the downside.

On the business side, it adds enterprise value to the business. It creates new revenue opportunities for the Jets. It potentially wipes the stink of the PSL disaster away from the fan base.

On the fan side, it creates the opportunity for a better, more compelling game environment. The stadium could have some signature elements, and create a true home field advantage.

Finally, it solves the identity void that this organization has been looking to fill since Namath wagged his finger in Miami. Woody and Christopher, this is the opportunity.

https://medium.com/@Ihernowitz/there-is-no-franchise-in-sports-like-the-new-york-jets-6bbf999529c0

Let’s be honest the Giants are gonna be the team to bail and build their own amazing most talked about stadium, it’s just what happens and the Jets will be at MetLife till we all die.  

• Haha 1

On 5/10/2021 at 9:13 AM, SAR I said:

The article makes no sense.

If the Jets moved to Queens, myself and 80% ofthe fans from New Jersey would give up our season tickets immediately.  And Long Island is so much more crowded now than it was in 1983 that very few fans from that region would buy them either.

A dome would do nothing except remove our biggest homefield advantage-  the playoff cold and wind.  The Jets have won exactly 4 home playoff games in our history.  3 of them were against teams used to comfy warm conditions.

Jets fans are cheap and they don't show up even when tickets are less than $25 on a beautiful sunny day against an interesting opponent.  Without the Giants to cover half the expenses/losses and with fewer seats and a pricey dome, ticket prices will go up significantly.  The Jets haven't raised ticket prices in 14 years.  Jets fans talk a lot about what they want but they are unwilling to pay for it.

Lastly, the Jets are #2 in the entire NFL in attendance.  Proof-positive that how 'pretty' a stadium is doesn't mean anything to anyone.  Just look at the Mets with their gorgeous recreation of Ebbets Field.  They've been in Queens forever, many Mets fans are Jets fans, and they don't show up and they don't pay either.  The Jets aren't moving because there is no problem here, at least not a problem that Jets fans would pay more for.

SAR I

Man a lot of conjecture and contradicting stuff well done ? 

17 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Is there anything that anyone does slightly differently than you that you don't ridicule?

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, jgb said:

Is there anything that anyone does slightly differently than you that you don't ridicule?

I'm not asking the Jets to ban tailgating; I am asking them to be fair to non-tailgaters for the first time in team history.  Those of us who simply want to watch the game with our families and have no interest in alcohol for breakfast shouldn't be forced to arrive three hours early.  Simple logistics can solve this issue.  There should be tailgate-only lots and no-tailgate lots.  The Jets have this now, and its because I asked them to.  They just didn't allocate enough space.

While you're pissing out your first two beers and opening your third, 50,000 people are stuck in traffic, or in a car, or in an empty stadium trying to kill three hours and that's not right.  See it from our perspective.  

SAR I

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I'm not asking the Jets to ban tailgating; I am asking them to be fair to non-tailgaters for the first time in team history.  Those of us who simply want to watch the game with our families and have no interest in alcohol for breakfast shouldn't be forced to arrive three hours early.  Simple logistics can solve this issue.  There should be tailgate-only lots and no-tailgate lots.  The Jets have this now, and its because I asked them to.  They just didn't allocate enough space.

While you're pissing out your first two beers and opening your third, 50,000 people are stuck in traffic, or in a car, or in an empty stadium trying to kill three hours and that's not right.  See it from our perspective.  

SAR I

Park and ride always an option if fast in/fast out is your goal. Just think, rather than rolling up to the stadium in a $40,000 Bimmer, you can roll up in a $5M NJ Transit train.

12 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Not every tailgater drinks, as you continually suggest.  I like to tailgate in good weather at least a few games each season....  with neighbors and friends, and our kids and soon-to-be old enough grand kids.  Yet I rarely drink alcohol.  Imagine that!   It's about being social and comradery.  And you don't have to get there 3 hours early to park if you don't tailgate.  I NEVER get sent to Lot P.  Ever.  Even on the majority of games when we don't tailgate, we arrive at about 12:30.  Never had a problem getting in via Rte 3 East.  No long waits and always get a spot in G, H, J or L.  No problemo.  Ever. If the tiny lot you prefer fills up early....   oh well.  Pick a diff't lot.  Boo hoo.  No sympathy whatsoever on this issue.