***Return to Metlife Thread***

18 minutes ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

My biggest concern is do the Jets somehow use covid as an excuse to stop tailgating for this season. 

They might try and if  they do they  can't stop anyone from sitting eating a sub sandwich and drinking in their cars. 

Come on the parking lot security people are borderline circus employees. 

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

They might try and if  they do they  can't stop anyone from sitting eating a sub sandwich and drinking in their cars. 

True, almoSt impossible to enforce 

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

I went to the Rangers game at the Devils last week, pretty representative of what NJ sports looks like right now.

They let half the building in at 1pm, the other half at 1:30, no exceptions.  Temperature checks at the gates.  Mask inspections.  None of the concessions allowed walk-up service, you had to download an app, place your order, pick up your food when notified, and then eat only in your seats.  Ushers and health monitors walking up and down the aisles making sure masks were on when not eating and monitoring the flow of people on the stairs, you needed their okay to walk up after another party walked down.

I don't see a case where MetLife is going to be 100% capacity come September.  I think it's going to be something where they stick their toe in, get their staff trained, learn the flow of the fans, find the choke points, etc. and then gradually add additional capacity once its established things go smoothly at 33%.   Spacing will still have to happen, the seats are just too close together even if it is outdoors, and its still unsure if the Under 16 crowd will be offered vaccines and how the Fall will play out with a 100 million people needing booster shots.  

SAR I

The NFL commish expects full capacity.

No way they're going to limit it to 33% in another five plus months. There are restrictions being lifted in New Jersey next week.

I'm not saying it's not going to be different, they're going to require masks I'm sure. But it's not going to be 33%. You might be thinking of what the attendance was going to be if Gase was still the head coach lol.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

I paid my invoice.  I’m not sure what to expect capacity wise come September.  A couple months ago I was told more info in July and they would give fans an opt out option.  

My biggest concern is do the Jets somehow use covid as an excuse to stop tailgating for this season. 

I sure hope not.

I'll just have to cook inside the RV and we can hand hamburgers out the back window on the sly lol.

6 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

I never knew you guys were related. Can you get me a good parking spot next year?

20 hours ago, SAR I said:

I went to the Rangers game at the Devils last week, pretty representative of what NJ sports looks like right now.

They let half the building in at 1pm, the other half at 1:30, no exceptions.  Temperature checks at the gates.  Mask inspections.  None of the concessions allowed walk-up service, you had to download an app, place your order, pick up your food when notified, and then eat only in your seats.  Ushers and health monitors walking up and down the aisles making sure masks were on when not eating and monitoring the flow of people on the stairs, you needed their okay to walk up after another party walked down.

I don't see a case where MetLife is going to be 100% capacity come September.  I think it's going to be something where they stick their toe in, get their staff trained, learn the flow of the fans, find the choke points, etc. and then gradually add additional capacity once its established things go smoothly at 33%.   Spacing will still have to happen, the seats are just too close together even if it is outdoors, and its still unsure if the Under 16 crowd will be offered vaccines and how the Fall will play out with a 100 million people needing booster shots.  

SAR I

UFC just had a full event last night. It's trending towards full capacity. Teams are already doing it. Everyone who wants the vax can have it now so by September is rock and roll time.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

UFC just had a full event last night. It's trending towards full capacity. Teams are already doing it. Everyone who wants the vax can have it now so by September is rock and roll time.

Concerts are openning back up as well, but there does seem to be this background noise about variants, reinfections, etc that continues to linger. I don't think they are going to have choice but to open back up though as inflation is starting to get very ugly and we're only seeing the begginning of the wave.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, CTM said:

Concerts are openning back up as well, but there does seem to be this background noise about variants, reinfections, etc that continues to linger. I don't think they are going to have choice but to open back up though as inflation is starting to get very ugly and we're only seeing the begginning of the wave.

Variants shareremiants. Vax works. 

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

At that Windstorm Vikings game couple years beck we saw hot dogs could fly. Might be able to use that. 

That was crazy windy even by meadowlands standards.

When that entire tray of hot dogs lifted off the table and flew away, I knew I was going to have to spend the rest of the day consoling you.

:)

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

That was crazy windy even by meadowlands standards.

When that entire tray of hot dogs lifted off the table and flew away, I knew I was going to have to spend the rest of the day consoling you.

:)

I just wished a paid attention more all those years I played fetch with my dog. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

That's fine with me. Just open the club dining to everyone then - 300 level included.  If you don't want to tailgate, then don't.  What skin is it off your apple if others do it?  

Tailgating is fine if its done respectfully.  But Jets fans?  Forget it. 

Wearing their 40 year old Zubas, listening to Rush blasting on broken speakers, taking up two parking spots, pissing on cars, cursing like sailors, leaving bottles under the wheels of cars, leaving their trash all over the place, getting into the stadium late, getting up/down/up/down all game to piss and buy more beer, bupring and farting all game, birds sh-tting their garbage on my windshield after a tough Jets loss.

As a member of the Jets Fan Advisory Board I asked the Jets to create a no-tailgating lot.  They gave me a no-tailgating zone, just not enough.  Those who enjoy tailgating and do it respectfully, no beef there, enjoy.  But 90% of the tailgaters are disrespectful, rude, and put a big damper on the experience.  My kids shouldn't have to feel threatened when we ask them to move out of a parking spot, they should have to step over their trash, and they shouldn't have to hear their potty-mouths.

SAR I

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Tailgating is fine if its done respectfully.  But Jets fans?  Forget it. 

Wearing their 40 year old Zubas, listening to Rush blasting on broken speakers, taking up two parking spots, pissing on cars, cursing like sailors, leaving bottles under the wheels of cars, leaving their trash all over the place, getting into the stadium late, getting up/down/up/down all game to piss and buy more beer, bupring and farting all game, birds sh-tting their garbage on my windshield after a tough Jets loss.

As a member of the Jets Fan Advisory Board I asked the Jets to create a no-tailgating lot.  They gave me a no-tailgating zone, just not enough.  Those who enjoy tailgating and do it respectfully, no beef there, enjoy.  But 90% of the tailgaters are disrespectful, rude, and put a big damper on the experience.  My kids shouldn't have to feel threatened when we ask them to move out of a parking spot, they should have to step over their trash, and they shouldn't have to hear their potty-mouths.

SAR I

When I was there couple years back for the Maxman-Palooza I saw a couple of these interesting tailgates. Few dudes showed up to cook really nice looking food and  provide top shelf beverage and all these successful looking thirty somethings paid to eat and enjoy joy cocktails pre-game with friends. Kinda lazy on the patrons part but was very interesting to see. 

11 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

When I was there couple years back for the Maxman-Palooza I saw a couple of these interesting tailgates. Few dudes showed up to cook really nice looking food and  provide top shelf beverage and all these successful looking thirty somethings paid to eat and enjoy joy cocktails pre-game with friends. Kinda lazy on the patrons part but was very interesting to see. 

Wealthy, sophisticate Manhattanites trying to impress the ladies can pull a grade A tailgate and are super respectful.  Families too, I see a few of those.

But its rare to see a perfect tailgate.  There's always something wrong.  Taking up 2 spots is common even for those who think they're being respectful.  And don't get me started on throwing footballs and beanbag tossing, its like they don't know these things are verboten.

SAR I

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

Wealthy, sophisticate Manhattanites trying to impress the ladies can pull a grade A tailgate and are super respectful.  Families too, I see a few of those.

But its rare to see a perfect tailgate.  There's always something wrong.  Taking up 2 spots is common even for those who think they're being respectful.  And don't get me started on throwing footballs and beanbag tossing, its like they don't know these things are verboten.

SAR I

No problem with tossing the football...

it’s the guys in the aisles who pretend cars aren’t going by that get to me 

17 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

No problem with tossing the football...

it’s the guys in the aisles who pretend cars aren’t going by that get to me 

In this day and age the number of people using a parking lot as an excuse to act like a drunken mob is waning and the stadium should reflect that.  These people don't need to get wasted, and those aren't the types that should be allowed to take up all the good parking spots. 

I don't tailgate, I have always had premium parking, and I still have to get to games 3 hours early so as to not be blocked out of a lot and that's not right.  Getting to a 1pm game at 12pm should be allowed and should be easy to do.  I've got better things to do than sit in my car for 2 hours 10x a year because a bunch of needy drunks are allowed to get all the good spots.  Put 'em in remote lots.  Open the close lots an hour before kickoff.

SAR I

A parking lot football catch with a father and son is acceptable in my books. 

Drunk men thinking they are warming up to play in the game is not acceptable, especially the guys who throw errant bombs or think its cool to punt the football and have it bounce off cars, people or knock a grill over. 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2021 at 3:54 PM, RSJ said:

One question. I saw in another thread there are only two parking colors this season? I asked my ticket guy to upgrade me to what used to be green and he did. I am kind of sad because I really loved where I used to tailgate. There was a band there every week and it was pretty fun.

Is this S A R !

On 4/25/2021 at 4:08 PM, SAR I said:

In this day and age the number of people using a parking lot as an excuse to act like a drunken mob is waning and the stadium should reflect that.  These people don't need to get wasted, and those aren't the types that should be allowed to take up all the good parking spots. 

I don't tailgate, I have always had premium parking, and I still have to get to games 3 hours early so as to not be blocked out of a lot and that's not right.  Getting to a 1pm game at 12pm should be allowed and should be easy to do.  I've got better things to do than sit in my car for 2 hours 10x a year because a bunch of needy drunks are allowed to get all the good spots.  Put 'em in remote lots.  Open the close lots an hour before kickoff.

SAR I

If you have been drunk at least one time in your life, you have been drunk more than I have.

And I am there at 8am. So cry me a river because not all fans are there for alcohol.

My tailgate is the 4th largest in the stadium and before each game we do goat yoga and pray. We aren't there for alcohol.

On 4/25/2021 at 4:33 PM, joewilly12 said:

A parking lot football catch with a father and son is acceptable in my books. 

Drunk men thinking they are warming up to play in the game is not acceptable, especially the guys who throw errant bombs or think its cool to punt the football and have it bounce off cars, people or knock a grill over. 

This is completely random but my son was a long snapper in high school and college for a bit. I used to make him long snap to me in the parking lot and I would go through the punting motions. People would look like, wow even the fans know this team is going to be 3 and out.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Maxman said:

If you have been drunk at least one time in your life, you have been drunk more than I have.

And I am there at 8am. So cry me a river because not all fans are there for alcohol.

My tailgate is the 4th largest in the stadium and before each game we do goat yoga and pray. We aren't there for alcohol.

That's great and I encourage others to behave accordingly.  Good job.

Drunk or not, the typical tailgater is a problem for the majority of Jets fans.  They get there too early, they take up all the good spots, they spread out and selfishly take up multiple spots.  Take behavior and consumption out of it.  Tailgaters are a problem because they force fans that would like to get to the stadium a reasonable 60 minutes before kickoff to get there 2-3 hours early.

This is why I would like to see a tailgate-only lot where all tailgaters can congregate by themselves thus leaving the rest of the lots tailgate-free.  So instead of having to get to the lot at 10AM I can get there at 12PM.  70,000 fans shouldn't have to twiddle their thumbs inside a car for 2 hours so 10,000 can have a picnic.  

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

That's great and I encourage others to behave accordingly.  Good job.

Drunk or not, the typical tailgater is a problem for the majority of Jets fans.  They get there too early, they take up all the good spots, they spread out and selfishly take up multiple spots.  Take behavior and consumption out of it.  Tailgaters are a problem because they force fans that would like to get to the stadium a reasonable 60 minutes before kickoff to get there 2-3 hours early.

This is why I would like to see a tailgate-only lot where all tailgaters can congregate by themselves thus leaving the rest of the lots tailgate-free.  So instead of having to get to the lot at 10AM I can get there at 12PM.  70,000 fans shouldn't have to twiddle their thumbs inside a car for 2 hours so 10,000 can have a picnic.  

SAR I

We live in a first come, first serve world. You are basically complaining about a long walk.

I get there at 8 and I park in the back of the lot to be left alone.  The walk isn't bad.  The bigger problem with getting there at noon is the traffic.

My Dad and I went for years, started in 1988. We didn't have much of a tailgate. We would usually get there about 10:30am. We would stop on the way, grab some sandwiches. Neither of us were drinking and we would just chat, catch up on life and people watch.  And that is seriously some of the best memories I have.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1