Edelman released.. failed physical.

Yeah yeah I know it's Pats news but the guy was a pretty damned decent adversary for a decade. No way you can't respect his little bearded tough ass.

Morso and on a side note I worked in the same industry for 22 years till I got rear-ended when I was sitting still. Obviously injured I was released from the company six months later to the day. That's not easy s*** for any man to choke down.

2 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Hearing people say he should be in the HOF for his postseason performances are just ******* laughable. 

Nah his knees are dust.

The media ballwashing of Edelman and really any Boston player (Ortiz, Manny etc). All these guys are documented roiders yet ESPN the chowd circlejerkfest can’t stop celebrating them

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

The media ballwashing of Edelman and really any Boston player (Ortiz, Manny etc). All these guys are documented roiders yet ESPN the chowd circlejerkfest can’t stop celebrating them

Lord knows, no New York athlete ever roid'ed up, amirite?

• Haha 3

Other than because he's on NE, I don't get the Edelman hate.   He and Wayne are the two best slot receivers I ever saw.  Edelman was beyond clutch and a money player.  Too often against us.   If I'm picking offensive players for some fantasy team?  Edelman would be one of my first picks.   The guy could flat out play.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Other than because he's on NE, I don't get the Edelman hate.   He and Wayne are the two best slot receivers I ever saw.  Edelman was beyond clutch and a money player.  Too often against us.   If I'm picking offensive players for some fantasy team?  Edelman would be one of my first picks.   The guy could flat out play.

Yeah slot receiver is kind of a standalone position now. Plus he made a ton of big plays in big moments. Also a great special teams player. Just a really good football player all around.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Exactly what I was gonna post.  Book it! 

Not opening day though. He'll hang out at the TB12 cryogenic and vitality extension compound and sign with them mid season. Get little loosened up and show up in the Superbowl and score couple TD's. 

50 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Agreed. I was trying to say something like that too. More importantly if you caught A Football Life Eddie George on NFL Network? It was very sad yet relatable and one of the best represented versions of what a retirement is like.

Not to get all mushy, but if you've only done one thing for 35 years and suddenly you can't do that anymore and you have no choice, as a man, I can identify. Just giving props to the guy he was definitely a player.

• Sympathy 1

25 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Agreed. I was trying to say something like that too. More importantly if you caught A Football Life Eddie George on NFL Network? It was very sad yet relatable and one of the best represented versions of what a retirement is like.

Not to get all mushy, but if you've only done one thing for 35 years and suddenly you can't do that anymore and you have no choice, as a man, I can identify. Just giving props to the guy he was definitely a player.

Nice sentiment.  I have not seen the Eddie George piece.  I will look it up.  Thanks.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

I feel like there is some weird revisionist history surrounding Wes Welker in all of this Edelman discussion. Welker was leaps and bounds better and more impactful than Edelman, and he is essentially forgotten about. I don't get it.

All these dum journos simping to try and make a non existent case for Edelman to make the HOF, its just insane. You want to have that discussion, have it about Wes Welker who probably still isn't even getting in, not Edelman.

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, Ruby2 said:

I feel like there is some weird revisionist history surrounding Wes Welker in all of this Edelman discussion. Welker was leaps and bounds better and more impactful than Edelman, and he is essentially forgotten about. I don't get it.

All these dum journos simping to try and make a non existent case for Edelman to make the HOF, its just insane. You want to have that discussion, have it about Wes Welker who probably still isn't even getting in, not Edelman.

Was going to post something similar but you beat me to it. Welker was the significantly better player and did it before the rules opened up the middle of the field.

Edelman’s a douche. The fact that pats fans want him in the HoF makes me hate him even more.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Was going to post something similar but you beat me to it. Welker was the significantly better player and did it before the rules opened up the middle of the field.

Edelman’s a douche. The fact that pats fans want him in the HoF makes me hate him even more.

Personally Im ok with the guy, seems like a good enough dude, but the adoration and revisionist history of what he was is weird and very annoying.

Hines Ward, Jimmy Smith, Torry Holt, Rod Smith, Jimmy Smith, Santana Moss,  etc etc all much better cases. This whole discussion is beyond bad, its delusional. 

4 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Yeah yeah I know it's Pats news but the guy was a pretty damned decent adversary for a decade. No way you can't respect his little bearded tough ass.

Morso and on a side note I worked in the same industry for 22 years till I got rear-ended when I was sitting still. Obviously injured I was released from the company six months later to the day. That's not easy s*** for any man to choke down.

My doggie says ‘It’s a doggie dog world’ ?