Edelman released.. failed physical.

4 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Was going to post something similar but you beat me to it. Welker was the significantly better player and did it before the rules opened up the middle of the field.

Welker was the greatest slot receiver in league history and yea he was better at that role.  Edelman otoh has one of the best punt returner averages in league history, was not always a slot receiver (he played Y a lot) but was considerably more clutch with a greater playoff resume.  So it’s a different type of career.  

7 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Yeah yeah I know it's Pats news but the guy was a pretty damned decent adversary for a decade. No way you can't respect his little bearded tough ass.

Morso and on a side note I worked in the same industry for 22 years till I got rear-ended when I was sitting still. Obviously injured I was released from the company six months later to the day. That's not easy s*** for any man to choke down.

https://www.evolutionary.org/nfl-julian-edelman-suspended-steroids-hgh

Eff him!

13 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Other than because he's on NE, I don't get the Edelman hate.   He and Wayne are the two best slot receivers I ever saw.  Edelman was beyond clutch and a money player.  Too often against us.   If I'm picking offensive players for some fantasy team?  Edelman would be one of my first picks.   The guy could flat out play.

Other than being on NE, he’s an obnoxious, humorless a-hole. Ask anyone who knows him or has even met him. Conversely, Welker’s actually a pretty good/cool guy from all I’ve heard, despite being a Patriot for all those years. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

57 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Other than being on NE, he’s an obnoxious, humorless a-hole. Ask anyone who knows him or has even met him. Conversely, Welker’s actually a pretty good/cool guy from all I’ve heard, despite being a Patriot for all those years. 

Didn't Welker disappear for a year from the league or something? He was hanging out with Johnny Depp tripping on ecstasy at the horse races? I vaguely remember some crazy crap like that going down. LOL

59 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Just like when folks laude Darnold for being a "great kid", who gives a crap what Edelman is like off the field?   Give me a team of a-hole scumbags who have Edelman's grit and talent on the field.  

12 hours ago, Ruby2 said:

I feel like there is some weird revisionist history surrounding Wes Welker in all of this Edelman discussion. Welker was leaps and bounds better and more impactful than Edelman, and he is essentially forgotten about. I don't get it.

All these dum journos simping to try and make a non existent case for Edelman to make the HOF, its just insane. You want to have that discussion, have it about Wes Welker who probably still isn't even getting in, not Edelman.

Really liked Welker, too.  NE seemed to find a bunch of these guys.  Amendola was pretty good as well.  

As much as I appreciate Edelman's talent, I don't believe he's a HOFer.  Too many other great receivers who are still not in so no way he should be selected for the honor.

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

Just like when folks laude Darnold for being a "great kid", who gives a crap what Edelman is like off the field?   Give me a team of a-hole scumbags who have Edelman's grit and talent on the field.  

Really liked Welker, too.  NE seemed to find a bunch of these guys.  Amendola was pretty good as well.  

As much as I appreciate Edelman's talent, I don't believe he's a HOFer.  Too many other great receivers who are still not in so no way he should be selected for the honor.

You asked other than playing for NE what would anyone have against him that's hate-worthy. I just filled that in a bit. 

And a HOFer??? Edelman shouldn't even be in consideration for a nomination outside of a shill at Boston newspaper(s). 

Just saying if you & 99 others were to meet any/all of these guys, the one you'd all like to punch the most immediately in his face would be Edelman. 100 out of 100. 

4 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

You asked other than playing for NE what would anyone have against him that's hate-worthy. I just filled that in a bit. 

And a HOFer??? Edelman shouldn't even be in consideration for a nomination outside of a shill at Boston newspaper(s). 

Just saying if you & 99 others were to meet any/all of these guys, the one you'd all like to punch the most immediately in his face would be Edelman. 100 out of 100. 

Totally respect your post and opinion.   Guess I was asking about on the field hate.  Should have explained it better.

But I disagree completely on the "100 punch club".  As a Jet fan since the mid-60s, I have a bunch of scores to settle with a ton of our former owners, GMs, coaches and players before Edelman's turn.

1 hour ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Didn't Welker disappear for a year from the league or something? He was hanging out with Johnny Depp tripping on ecstasy at the horse races? I vaguely remember some crazy crap like that going down. LOL

Something like that, but few among us have never gotten wasted. We just didn't have anyone reporting on it to the country. On a personal level he's a pretty nice/fun guy. Even his pregame foot-fetish metaphor thing wasn't badly digging in so much as making jokes with a goofy face. Also it was pretty funny, since a foot fetish is pretty funny in the first place, particularly to the overwhelming majority of us who don't have one.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Totally respect your post and opinion.   Guess I was asking about on the field hate.  Should have explained it better.

But I disagree completely on the "100 punch club".  As a Jet fan since the mid-60s, I have a bunch of scores to settle with a ton of our former owners, GMs, coaches and players before Edelman's turn.

I was referring to Edelman + Welker + Amendola, not any/every GM/coach/player there's ever been.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, rangerous said:

not once did i ever see a jet successfully cover edelman.  he has a right to be arrogant when it comes to the jets.

I didn't see many teams cover him well.

It's almost like the Rats were using illegal picks to get open.....

4 hours ago, BUM-KNEE said:

I didn't see many teams cover him well.

It's almost like the Rats were using illegal picks to get open.....

well, they were.  gronk would clear out an area for edelman to sit down in.  regardless, considering how much these teams didn't like each other you'd think the jets would've found a way to keep edelman in check.