If you had to bet your life savings...

12 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Jesus ... so a 4th year QB vs a rookie.

Ill say I'd be ecstatic if Zach matches Darnold.

I expect him shine .. but would also understand a 4-12 season if he looks good.

All my cash ??? Probably go with Darnold this year.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

I was thinking the same thing that it's an unfair match up in Wilson's rookie year.

Are we talking individual performance (like QBR or similar) or overall W-L record?

Carolina will be more likely to have a better W-L record next year than the Jets. But how much of that is due to Sam vs. despite Sam will be debated ad nauseum no doubt. McCaffery's health / ability after his injury will be a big factor.

47 minutes ago, Pointdexter said:

Who has a better year in 2022:

Zach Wilson with the Jets in LaFleur's offense

Or

Sam Darnold with the Panthers in Joe Brady's offense

*In my opinion if it's a draw then that's a win for the Jets since Wilson is younger and he saves tons of cap space.

I wouldn’t bet because Zach Wilson is a rookie. The ceiling is higher on Wilson. I would bet a three comparison.

1 hour ago, Pointdexter said:

Or

*In my opinion if it's a draw then that's a win for the Jets since Wilson is younger and he saves tons of cap space.

I honestly don't care who is better in 2021/2022, I only care which gets their team to a Super Bowl victory.

And I don't know who that is..... 

I don't have the same faith in Wilson being a great sure-thing many posters do, nor am I 100% sure Sam sucks because of Sam (and not because of our mismanagement, poor coaching, poor systems and lack of support/talent).

I've long been a Sam doubter/critic, since before he was drafted, but it's hard to ignore how horrible we've been run the past 5 years, including all of Sam's time in NY.

19 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

This is the main reason why Wilson will fail here, he is ? expected to come in and lift this franchise up, and will be labeled a bust at the first sign of struggle.

The expectations people from the media and from fans have put on wilson's are completely unfair. It has got to the stage if he does not turn up day one and Aaron Rodgers he is a failure.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, adobolo2 said:

The expectations people from the media and from fans have put on wilson's are completely unfair. It has got to the stage if he does not turn up day one and Aaron Rodgers he is a failure.

Where are you getting this from? 

28 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

This is the main reason why Wilson will fail here, he is ? expected to come in and lift this franchise up, and will be labeled a bust at the first sign of struggle.

Labelled a bust by who?

Darnold was the worst QB in the League after his third year, and a large section of the fanbase supported him. 

• Upvote 3

I said this the minute we traded Darnold that he was definitely going to have a better year. No doubt the kid needed a fresh start and to move on, but he will definitely be successful. Sam haters will definitely eat crow. I'm a fan of the Jets in general and whoever we get in here albeit Wilson or Fields, I will support them.

However if JD pull some ridiculous s*** like flipping pics with Frisco and we get Garoppolo and take Sewell I will not support that! I actually had a nightmare about that last night. I don't like Jimmy G, I don't like any guys with perfect teeth. So that's a big NO!

• Sympathy 1

Just now, QB1 said:

You read and post a lot on here, you have see it, if anyone points out any of wilson's limitations they are torn down and told their options are wrong. We have seen two treads on fields turn to crap in the last few days by people who are over hyping Wilson. 

Wilson is a great prospect but is far from perfect but that's hard to tell from the way some people talk about him.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Pointdexter said:

Or

Sam will likely be noticeably  better with real coaching, an above average OL, stacked WR group, and a star RB if everyone stays healthy. 

Zach if he is the pick will be coming into a better situation  than Darnold ever had on the Jets but there is still a big divide  in talent between the Jets and Panthers.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, jamesr said:

Are we talking individual performance (like QBR or similar) or overall W-L record?

Carolina will be more likely to have a better W-L record next year than the Jets. But how much of that is due to Sam vs. despite Sam will be debated ad nauseum no doubt. McCaffery's health / ability after his injury will be a big factor.

Wow, this didn't take long.

30 minutes ago, QB1 said:

You seriously need to ask? Q in his rookie season where he sustained  a serious  injury which he came back very early from was being called a bust because he didn't  put up Donald type numbers. What makes you think Zack won't  get this same treatment? 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

How quick we forget about all the elite flashes Sam shown making throws only a handful of QBs can make.

I can honestly say I didn't see a whole lot of that.

Here and there for sure...but from what I saw, my opinion of course, he looked very pedestrian.  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, K_O_Brien said:

Labelled a bust by who?

Darnold was the worst QB in the League after his third year, and a large section of the fanbase supported him. 

Darnold was far and away the consensus pick here....Almost no one had any issues with that choice.

There are far too many people dug into calling Wilson a bust - for such a highly rated player - for whatever reason fans here decided simply just to not like him.

Like it or not, a good portion of the people on this board will be rooting for him to fail...and will attack him at any opportunity they can.

It's sad really and I feel bad for the kid.  I hope he can learn to turn this stuff off.  Sam was given every opportunity to fail by this fan base

ZW will get very little.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Darnold was far and away the consensus pick here....Almost no one had any issues with that choice.

There are far too many people dug into calling Wilson a bust - for such a highly rated player - for whatever reason fans here decided simply just to not like him.

Like it or not, a good portion of the people on this board will be rooting for him to fail...and will attack him at any opportunity they can.

It's sad really and I feel bad for the kid.  I hope he can learn to turn this stuff off.  Sam was given every opportunity to fail by this fan base

ZW will get very little.

And it is the same for Joe Douglas too.  If you liked Darnold, and how thats even possible Ill never know, you now hate Joe Douglas and Zach Wilson.

It is going to be so painful for these Darnold fans when the jets are one of the top teams in the AFC three years from now.  Hopefully, they will just go and be a panthers fan to watch their hero stink there.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bruce Harper said:

And there is the off chance that he'll do better than flash.  I'm crossing my fingers.

I agree, but I'm still worried about the talent.

Again, as of right now - we've added a #2 WR to the offense.  That's it.  It's the least talented offense in the NFL plus a #2WR - which may very well still be the least talented offense in the NFL

I'm just not sure how much we can really expect of him under these circumstances.  Hopefully the talent changes.