The Clean Up is Coming

Maxman

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I blame 10 years of incompetence at GM. Much of what your seeing is symptomatic of distrust in leadership decision making. Joe is the new prince in town but Rome wasn’t built in a day. 

I agree with this.  I don’t trust Douglas or any unproven GM to make the right choices here as we have watched countless GM’s make such poor decisions all while a large portion of us could have done a MUCH better job of and if you search our posts say as much.  Now we’re supposed to just shut up because a football guy says he is right and we are all wrong got it smh.

9 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

First I’m as conservative as it gets, and could give 2 sh*ts about woke color hell even gender if you can football you can football. 

Second I’m not debating with someone who is just waiting for you to finish talking without listening and just continually scream their narrative till it’s taken as gospel, and the rest shut up, so no I will not waste my time on debating you.

First, I don't care what your ideology is. And that's the point. Stop making it about your ideology whether its liberal, conservative, moderate, or apolitical. Second, how can someone scream via a keyboard? 

Third, no one is telling people to shut up. I responded to the fact that I was being equated to a tribalist for supporting Zach Wilson and casting skepticism over Fields. That's insane. I've gone on record saying Fields is a good prospect, but fit is an important aspect in evaluation. I'm bullish on Zach Wilson and 100% feel my perspective is correct; he's a better prospect than Justin Fields and it's not close. I feel many support that position as well. If you want me to elaborate further why I'm happy to, but it seems like every attempt I make to elaborate it just turns into some sort of ideological battle. I write with conviction; tough sh*t. If it bothers you so much I'll ease it up a bit. If you don't want to debate that's fine too, I get it, you don't want to risk having a damaged ego. But there's no need to go around denigrating those who don't agree with you with insults either... If you feel that my statements suggesting an opinion is an uninformed or an illogical one, then let me know and I won't say it. Very simple. It's not like I kicked your dog... relax

• Upvote 6
  • Thumb Down 4

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

How much has the last year sucked?

We have 99 problems and I28 isn't one. Crazy year indeed.  :)

I took a couple months off before I headed back for some Zack Wilson era madness.  But hey... could I have deprived this board of my endless Gen X cultural puns?  No way!

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

I agree with this.  I don’t trust Douglas or any unproven GM to make the right choices here as we have watched countless GM’s make such poor decisions all while a large portion of us could have done a MUCH better job of and if you search our posts say as much.  Now we’re supposed to just shut up because a football guy says he is right and we are all wrong got it smh.

I'm requesting that you stop slandering me, as I never said this, nor did I even insinuate you should "shut up." I felt you were wrong. I still feel you are wrong, as I feel you are uninformed. If you want to debate why I'm happy to. If not, agree to disagree and move on. 

I'm not looking for an echo chamber, I'm looking for reasonable and rational football discussion. Lets get back to that please and thanks. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Big_Slick said:

Max, don't know if this possible but it might help if the board software could be configured so that when you put someone on ignore that poster will be unable to vote or quote the poster who put them on ignore.

Otherwise I agree. Name calling, personal attacks and outright trolling should result in a lengthy ban.

I didn't realize it didn't work that way already. It definitely should, I just made a note and I will look into it. That would be a great option and would solve a lot of problems.   Thanks.

46 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Max it might help to let people know who they are.

Is it me? Because I have done a lot to avoid politics and avoid fighting 

I think the people fighting with each other generally know who they are.  I can confirm you do not have a thread dedicated to you that sits on page one in the mod forum. I think your thread is down to page 4, which is an all time record.  :)

13 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

First I’m as conservative as it gets, and could give 2 sh*ts about woke color hell even gender if you can football you can football. 

Second I’m not debating with someone who is just waiting for you to finish talking without listening and just continually scream their narrative till it’s taken as gospel, and the rest shut up, so no I will not waste my time on debating you.

I am glad you guys were able to work this out, the Ignore option seems to be a great fit in this case.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Lupz27 said:

@Maxmanive put this dude on ignore yet I keep getting notifications that he is responding to me I’d like to completely ignore this poster.

It would help if you stopped "downvoting" every one of my posts... I wouldn't respond if I wasn't incited to respond. 

Much appreciated

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

@Maxmanive put this dude on ignore yet I keep getting notifications that he is responding to me I’d like to completely ignore this poster.

Just now, football guy said:

It would help if you stopped "downvoting" every one of my posts... I wouldn't respond if I wasn't incited to respond. 

Much appreciated

As I mentioned in another post I will look into that but it is going to be a few days. This thread is my attempt to get people to walk away.

Being really honest, I have a minor medical procedure tomorrow. Everything is fine, it is routine but I am thinking ahead to waking up from being knocked out. And I am going to try to stay away from the site. Because a groggy me will probably make the thread title look mild.

So I am asking everybody to just walk away from each other. Stop downvoting posts and use ignore.  I will look into expanding the ignore feature to include reputation.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Being really honest, I have a minor medical procedure tomorrow. Everything is fine, it is routine but I am thinking ahead to waking up from being knocked out. And I am going to try to stay away from the site. Because a groggy me will probably make the thread title look mild

Geez, best of luck Maxman. NY legalized just in time for you. Lemme know if'n ya need any....medicine. 

Arrested Development Flirt GIF

• Haha 3

Just now, freestater said:

Geez, best of luck Maxman. NY legalized just in time for you. Lemme know if'n ya need any....medicine. 

Arrested Development Flirt GIF

Nah that definitely isn't my thing but thanks. I don't even drink alcohol so the state legalizing other stuff won't matter to me either way.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Maxman said:

As I mentioned in another post I will look into that but it is going to be a few days. This thread is my attempt to get people to walk away.

Being really honest, I have a minor medical procedure tomorrow. Everything is fine, it is routine but I am thinking ahead to waking up from being knocked out. And I am going to try to stay away from the site. Because a groggy me will probably make the thread title look mild.

So I am asking everybody to just walk away from each other. Stop downvoting posts and use ignore.  I will look into expanding the ignore feature to include reputation.

Best of luck and will do my best to "ignore" those with or without the feature in place 

Now that you mention it, when you're up and running again can you look into turning off notifications for reactions all together? I find it hard sometimes to respond to substantive quotes with the clutter of reactions lol

Get well

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

48 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Will Ferrell Anchorman GIF by AOK

33 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I didn't realize it didn't work that way already. It definitely should, I just made a note and I will look into it. That would be a great option and would solve a lot of problems.   Thanks.

I think the people fighting with each other generally know who they are.  I can confirm you do not have a thread dedicated to you that sits on page one in the mod forum. I think your thread is down to page 4, which is an all time record.  :)

I am glad you guys were able to work this out, the Ignore option seems to be a great fit in this case.

I have a page about me? ok I dont like the sound of that. 

Can I see it? I would donate 20 bucks to charity to read it

• Haha 2

Douglas moved on from a bust in Darnold. That was a good move that he had to navigate PR wise. Kudos to JD.

Give Wilson a shot even if you don’t like him as a prospect. 

Have high expectations for players as fans. Stop making excuses for constant injuries and lack of production. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Matt39 said:

Douglas moved on from a bust in Darnold. That was a good move that he had to navigate PR wise. Kudos to JD.

Give Wilson a shot even if you don’t like him as a prospect. 

Have high expectations for players as fans. Stop making excuses for constant injuries and lack of production. 

Or we can just draft the guy who should be the #2 pick instead of all this overthink on a 3 month wonder, go ask the Bears how that worked out for them.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, football guy said:

'm bullish on Zach Wilson and 100% feel my perspective is correct; he's a better prospect than Justin Fields and it's not close.

I don't think so.  Everyone is going to regret passing on Justin Fields, 4/13/2021. 4:15 EST, mark it, book it. 

4 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Or we can just draft the guy who should be the #2 pick instead of all this overthink on a 3 month wonder, go ask the Bears how that worked out for them.

Dude, you need to exhale.

This thread is about people fighting. Plenty of other threads to share your feelings on Wilson.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 82nd Airborne said:

I don't think so.  Everyone is going to regret passing on Justin Fields, 4/13/2021. 4:15 EST, mark it, book it. 

Let's do this. Everyone find a football thread and post as many times in that as you want.

This thread is Max's way of saying, I am going to be sedated tomorrow for a medical procedure. So let's have no fighting when his crankiness wakes up.

I just want everyone to get along even if they disagree. Really don't want to have to look at all the fighting anymore than that. I am replying to your post (you aren't involved in the fighting) because this thread is going down the road of being another Wilson thread. And I want to stop that before people start fighting in here.  Thanks.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Maxman said:

this thread is going down the road of being another Wilson thread. And I want to stop that before people start fighting in here.  Thanks.

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Who should be 2?

lol this hit me in the funny bone. 

====================================================================

Good luck tomorrow sir. Hope the minor procedure goes well. 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, football guy said:

Best of luck and will do my best to "ignore" those with or without the feature in place 

Now that you mention it, when you're up and running again can you look into turning off notifications for reactions all together? I find it hard sometimes to respond to substantive quotes with the clutter of reactions lol

Get well

Terrible idea. 

Stop being over-sensitive and devolving threads. The problem isn't the forum features.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, football guy said:

I'm requesting that you stop slandering me, as I never said this, nor did I even insinuate you should "shut up." I felt you were wrong. I still feel you are wrong, as I feel you are uninformed. If you want to debate why I'm happy to. If not, agree to disagree and move on. 

I'm not looking for an echo chamber, I'm looking for reasonable and rational football discussion. Lets get back to that please and thanks. 

And I thought sperm had a dysfunctional need to get the last word in lol

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Let's do this. Everyone find a football thread and post as many times in that as you want.

This thread is Max's way of saying, I am going to be sedated tomorrow for a medical procedure. So let's have no fighting when his crankiness wakes up.

I just want everyone to get along even if they disagree. Really don't want to have to look at all the fighting anymore than that. I am replying to your post (you aren't involved in the fighting) because this thread is going down the road of being another Wilson thread. And I want to stop that before people start fighting in here.  Thanks.

Good luck tomorrow. The "minor procedure" stuff, it's the mental build up (annoying, time consuming, takes up space in your head that a million things can go wrong).  You'll be fine. Don't worry about the side gig here, it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. Besides we can fck up each other up just fine. I mean, look after ourselves just fine. ?

Do what I always do whenever I have to get surgery: Put on The Ramones! Beh beh beh beh beh beh beh beh beh, I wanna be sedated! <== I really did do that the night before I had brain surgery, lol. Speakng of which, whatever happened to The Ghost of Joey Ramone? Dig. Anyway, see you soon. ???