Just now, Peace Frog said:

Nice. Still haven’t figured it out. 

Tell me how much I liked Death Wish. 

By my words. 

Or...maybe I was responding to another point. 

You loved it so much you want to marry it. 

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And no this isn't in reference to what Joe Douglas is doing to the Jets roster. People are fighting. Personal attacks. Name calling. Ruining the board. This is a general statement and a fina

You know it’s bad when I’m the best behaved person here.

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Apparently the cleanup has already begun, starting with @Sperm Edwards locking a Shawn thread.  

Oh Come On The Office GIF

Out of all the threads I want to see locked, a Shawn thread is nowhere near my top 20.

Dude is a savant.

• Upvote 2
4 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I was skimming through the different personalities, and they're all very complimentary. Like, where's the personality type for the a**hole?

I think that's where the new criteria of what makes up the personality comes into play.  Psychologists now have come to a consensus that there are at least 6 aspects rather than 4.  Temperament (Agreeableness) and honesty/humility have been added to the 4 that Myers-Briggs uses.  

Dishonest and/or impatient people would meet the criteria of "a$$hole" in that sense.  

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Literally.  Interesting.  

This is one weird dude. 

I don’t think he is long for the place. I’ve seen some of his other work. 

It’s funny how I’m a Neanderthal that likes no depth movies yet The Departed and LA Confidential are in my top 5 all time. 

DeNiro has become a hack living off of mob movies.  

3 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

Yep. I don’t know how he’s living in this time period but he’s here. Crazy sh*t. 

Might be the only watchable Pauly Shore movie in existence.

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

You loved it so much you want to marry it. 

I like you, but you're losing ground here with quips like this, buddy.

Just now, Peace Frog said:

This is one weird dude. 

It’s funny how I’m a Neanderthal that likes no depth movies yet The Departed and LA Confidential are in my top 5 all time. 

Lol departed is in your top 5 and then you say deniro lives off of mob movies? Lol

Just now, Tranquilo said:

Lol departed is in your top 5 and then you say deniro lives off of mob movies? Lol

Wow you have no clue. Seriously cannot connect 2 dots.

Bye!!

3 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

This is one weird dude. 

Eh, I don't begrudge anyone who finds their niche and sticks with it.  Not every actor needs to branch out to be great. 

But, yes, Tranquilo is a strange bird.  

2 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Wow you have no clue. Seriously cannot connect 2 dots.

Bye!!

You love a mob movie but hate that DeNiro made mob movies (even though I listed 8 ones he starred in that weren’t)

35 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Deniro is over rated in general. He is not a good actor. He just came out with in net flicks. I gfoget what it was called but it sucked just like his acting

giphy.gif

And youre wrong

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Eh, I don't begrudge anyone who finds their niche and sticks with it.  Not every actor needs to branch out to be great. 

You’re nuts if you think DeNiro hasn’t “branched out.”

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Robert DeNiro is good at playing Robert DeNiro, just like Will Smith is good at playing Will Smith, and Nicholas Cage is good at being bat-sh*t crazy.

I still can't tell what the hell it is that Ryan Gosling does, though.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Spoot-Face said:

Robert DeNiro is good at playing Robert DeNiro, just like Will Smith is good at playing Will Smith, and Nicholas Cage is good at being bat-sh*t crazy.

King of Comedy, Taxi Driver, Mean Streets, Jackie Brown, Cape Fear and Raging Bull are all varied and ranging performances that demonstrate more than just “acting like DeNiro” in every movie. 

8 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

The brilliance of Will Smith early in his career is that he and his agent sat down together and looked at what movies always make the most money.  Then they ensured that each of the movies he did checked the boxes.  "Aliens?  Check.  Futuristic?  Check.  Action?  Check."  Etc etc. 

In so doing, he didn't just become a box office success, he was THE box office success in the US in the late 90s/early 2000s.  Independence Day:  Over $800M.  Men in Black and I am Legend:  Nearly $600M.   I am Robot:  Nearly $400M.  No one came close to Will Smith.  If you wanted to print money, you put Will Smith in your movie.

Only after he'd gained huge wealth did he start really becoming a serious actor.

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, Tranquilo said:

King of Comedy, Taxi Driver, Mean Streets, Jackie Brown, Cape Fear and Raging Bull are all varied and ranging performances that demonstrate more than just “acting like DeNiro” in every movie. 

Eh, in most things I've seen him in he just reminds me of Robert DeNiro.

I'm not hating on him, by the way. I like the guy.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The brilliance of Will Smith early in his career is that he and his agent sat down together and looked at what movies always make the most money.  Then they ensured that each of the movies he did checked the boxes.  "Aliens?  Check.  Futuristic?  Check.  Action?  Check."  Etc etc.  In so doing, he didn't just become a box office success, he was THE box office success in the US in the late 90s/early 2000s.  No one came close to Will Smith.  If you wanted to print money, you put Will Smith in your movie.

Only after he'd gained huge wealth did he start really becoming a serious actor.

I'm still glad that he turned down the role in Django Unchained. Jamie Foxx is a much better actor, IMO, and the movie was better for it.

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

Add in Awakenings, Midnight Run, Sleepers, Ronin, This Boys Life & Angel Heart.

Hes known for playing mobsters, as he should be but hes made a lot of different movies, playing different types.  We're going to penalize him for staring as some of the greatest mobsters on film in The Godfather, Goodfellows, etc? 

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1
21 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The brilliance of Will Smith early in his career is that he and his agent sat down together and looked at what movies always make the most money.  Then they ensured that each of the movies he did checked the boxes.  "Aliens?  Check.  Futuristic?  Check.  Action?  Check."  Etc etc. 

In so doing, he didn't just become a box office success, he was THE box office success in the US in the late 90s/early 2000s.  Independence Day:  Over $800M.  Men in Black and I am Legend:  Nearly $600M.   I am Robot:  Nearly $400M.  No one came close to Will Smith.  If you wanted to print money, you put Will Smith in your movie.

I don't know if it's brilliance or obviousness that he could earn more making summer blockbusters than dramas but largely that's his entire career. Sure there are some dramatic roles in there but he's still playing the same kind of characters today. When did he become a serious actor? Aladdin? Bad Boys 3? That garbage movie with his son?

11 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Pro Wilson jock sniffers get offended when other posters say he shouldn’t be the pick cause another QB prospect they believe to be better, and then basically ruin every thread till they get closed.

so thats the straw that broke the camels back? the pro wilsons vs the anti wilsons?..lol

i dont go in those threads. i dont watch college and i dont feel like watching tape of wilson throw. i will take JDs word on whos better. i just cant watch college.

was its worst than the sam fans vs the sam haters? 

1 hour ago, rex-n-effect said:

I don't know if it's brilliance or obviousness that he could earn more making summer blockbusters than dramas but largely that's his entire career. Sure there are some dramatic roles in there but he's still playing the same kind of characters today. When did he become a serious actor? Aladdin? Bad Boys 3? That garbage movie with his son?

If it was so easy why did no one else do it?

I meant that he became “more serious”, not necessarily that he was viewed as a serious actor.  Certainly the Will Smith in Concussion was very different from the one in Men in Black, no?

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Add in Awakenings, Midnight Run, Sleepers, Ronin, This Boys Life & Angel Heart.

Hes known for playing mobsters, as he should be but hes made a lot of different movies, playing different types.  We're going to penalize him for staring as some of the greatest mobsters on film in The Godfather, Goodfellows, etc? 

DeNiro is a legend and he has absolutely branched out over the years.  Goodfellas and Heat are two of my favorite movies, but Midnight Run and even Meet the Parents show the varied roles that he can play.  He'll always be significantly "DeNiro" in almost every role he plays, just can't escape who he is, but the version of DeNiro that you get can be incredibly different from film to film IMO.

I thought he was fantastic as Neil McCauley in Heat.  The demeanor of that character, how he stayed true to what he was and his internal belief system is something you feel for the entire movie.

tumblr_e54605e9b88c3eba59b0d8bec15510d6_a135e37f_500.gif.6a359ae0fe2b240fb5deb033fe6b6d1b.gif

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Tranquilo said:

Uptight board, got it. 

Ehh. I think some folks here are definitely uptight. Others just have base-level social decency wired into them, respect the site owner, and advocate for him.

I think it’s more a matter of you deflecting repeatedly, rather than simply saying, “Gotcha, my bad.”

I could be wrong though.

Nah, we all know I’m never wrong.

• Upvote 1
11 hours ago, pointman said:

HIT THE 57!!!!!!!1

sanv3.gif

..so you're goin' to the jets game  🧐

20 hours ago, QB1 said:

we are Jets fans during a 1.5 year pandemic lockdown, can you think of a more miserable set of conditions? 

rSymkLr5rlxCZKDl8W3lpIAIm9U=.gif

19 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Being a Jet fan, during a 1.5 year lockdown...  married w/children.

giphy.gif

43 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Ehh. I think some folks here are definitely uptight. Others just have base-level social decency wired into them, respect the site owner, and advocate for him.

I think it’s more a matter of you deflecting repeatedly, rather than simply saying, “Gotcha, my bad.”

I could be wrong though.

Nah, we all know I’m never wrong.

Just because the people jumping me don’t understand the reference doesn’t mean I’m wrong. If you understood the reference and then point out that it hurt your feelings, then that would make a little more sense to me. But who am I attacking when I posted that? Who did I curse out? It wasn’t directed at anyone. 

5 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

DeNiro is a legend and he has absolutely branched out over the years.  Goodfellas and Heat are two of my favorite movies, but Midnight Run and even Meet the Parents show the varied roles that he can play.  He'll always be significantly "DeNiro" in almost every role he plays, just can't escape who he is, but the version of DeNiro that you get can be incredibly different from film to film IMO.

I thought he was fantastic as Neil McCauley in Heat.  The demeanor of that character, how he stayed true to what he was and his internal belief system is something you feel for the entire movie.

Watch him in This Boy's Life with a really young Leonardo DiCaprio and Ellen Barkin and tell me he just plays DeNiro on film like Will Smith playing Will Smith

tumblr_e54605e9b88c3eba59b0d8bec15510d6_a135e37f_500.gif.6a359ae0fe2b240fb5deb033fe6b6d1b.gif

Thanks, was looking at a different response to my post and noticed I forgot to list Heat.  He was awesome in that while not playing a gangster like we're used to seeing in our minds when we talk about DeNiro

• Upvote 2