Denver Broncos on strike?

Matt39

5 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

It's just voluntary workouts. 

Most players prob don't want to be there anyway for that.

Don't think this is a major issue.

Just say that then. Blaming it on covid when there are vaccines that work is wildly irresponsible. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Just say that then. Blaming it on covid when there are vaccines that work is wildly irresponsible. 

They're using a technicality to get off.

It's like when you were a kid and you threw up in the morning because you were nauseous, got to skip school because of the puke, but you felt fine for the rest of the day.

Not saying it's the greatest look, but if I'm ownership, a fan, or a just an outside observer, I just don't get riled up about this at all. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

They're using a technicality to get off.

It's like when you were a kid and you threw up in the morning because you were nauseous, got to skip school because of the puke, but you felt fine for the rest of the day.

Not saying it's the greatest look, but if I'm ownership, a fan, or a just an outside observer, I just don't get riled up about this at all. 

Just say we don’t want to go voluntary workouts. Pro athletes leveraging covid to get out of work when there’s a vaccine is weak and a bad look. 

Hell the Broncos stunk last season too, so the quality of play excuse doesn’t hold water either. Just wack all around.

• Upvote 2

The NFLPA has been telling its vets to walk away from any voluntary offseason training this year.  I mean.  They've been aggressive about this the past few CBA agreement windows.   As we've all discussed.  But I find it funny that rookies, young second year players and UDFA's would benefit greatly from any workouts... but the union only seems to carry about the Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilsons.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

The NFLPA has been telling its vets to walk away from any voluntary offseason training this year.  I mean.  They've been aggressive about this the past few CBA agreement windows.   As we've all discussed.  But I find it funny that rookies, young second year players and UDFA's would benefit greatly from these workouts... but the union only seems to carry about the Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilsons.

And leveraging covid on top of it when there’s a vaccine. Wild low. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Just say we don’t want to go voluntary workouts. Pro athletes leveraging covid to get out of work when there’s a vaccine is weak and a bad look. 

Hell the Broncos stunk last season too, so the quality of play excuse doesn’t hold water either. Just wack all around.

Are we sure they can get vaccinated?  Where I live, you aren’t eligible unless you are over 30 or are at high risk.  Even then, its a 5-8 week wait after you sign up.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Butterfield said:

Are we sure they can get vaccinated.  Where I live, you aren’t eligible unless you are over 30 or are at high risk.  Even then, its a 5-8 week wait after you sign up.  

huh? where do you live?

31 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

The United States.  Until yesterday it was 40+.

A1373C88-AB4E-47B9-AE80-3A2E06AD1833.jpeg

Some states are still 50+, 60+, 65+ until later in the month. With more eligibility also comes additional shortages and longer wait times.  

In Colorado it’s 16 and up.